• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In a bit of a dilemma

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ultimately, deities are just tools; aids to help one's spiritual focus. Use whatever tool best gets the job done.

Gita's not Sruti, but, as the OP pointed out, Krishna said no matter what deity you pray to, it's he who answers.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
No problem there, my question is how would I go about it? I do a daily full-on puja to Krishna with panchopachara, the five offerings of gandha, dipa, dhupa, pushpa, naivedya. Actually eight... phala, achamaniya, akshata. Then aarati w/ om jaya jagadisha hare, then mantrapushpanjali with a couple of flowers and Mantra Pushpam. It’s about 20-25 mins. I could do a little tiny one for Saraswati after Krishna puja or another time ... maybe when I know I’m going to be playing for a while... flower, incense, wave the lamp, some slokas like the ya kundendu tushara dhavala ... sloka, etc.
Just incorporate her into your schedule. :shrug:Do both, one at a time whatever.
I’m not very “by the book” you know that

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That is very nice, Jai. Why don't you put one of two audios of your guitar play?

I’m working on Govindam Adi-Purusham of the Brahmā Samhitā arranged by George Harrison for the London Rādhā-Krishna temple. He only selected two verses, I’d like to use the same melody and chord progressions for the other verses.

I’m also working on Om Jaya Jagadisha Hare and the Aigiri Nandini bass and chord progressions. But that one is very long, 14 mins. and repetitive, so a little goes a long way. ;D Years ago I sussed out the chords for Jagjat Singh’s Hey Rām (also long and repetitive) and the Mahāmantra.

For a long time I’ve been thinking about recording them when I think I’m ready. Needless to say I’m doing these to dedicate to Them. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Just incorporate her into your schedule. :shrug:Do both, one at a time whatever.
I’m not very “by the book” you know that

I think I’m firming up that idea. :) I did pare down and adapt my Krishna puja for each Ganesha, Hanuman Lakshmi and Saraswati. I had to be particularly mindful of changing Bhagavan, Deva, Parameshwara to Bhagavati, Devi and Parameshwari for the goddesses. :D

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I’m firming up that idea. :) I did pare down and adapt my Krishna puja for each Ganesha, Hanuman Lakshmi and Saraswati. I had to be particularly mindful of changing Bhagavan, Deva, Parameshwara to Bhagavati, Devi and Parameshwari for the goddesses. :D
Wow. Now I’m realising just how long my mother’s morning pujas must be. She does them at dawn, before even. So I never really noticed. Mostly because I was asleep lol
Though in fairness she has like literally everyone in her shrine

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Though in fairness she has like literally everyone in her shrine

I have a cast of thousands too, worthy of a Cecil B. DeMille epic. :D. If they’re not statues they’re 8x10” framed collages I printed. I collect them from the internet and arrange them in a 3x3 grid on the paper. This is just two. I’ve probably got 8 or 10 on the walls. I like doing graphics and printing these pics. I made hundreds for the temple on 4x6 photo paper. It was my seva.

A72DEC03-DAAB-4A5A-B70B-A4F9B114B952.jpeg

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

So yeah, for what it's worth I made a separate set of puja cards for each deity I'm going to do one for. I format and print them on 4x6" cards. ... my OCPD at work. They're all the same format but tweaked and tailored for each deity. I did Saraswati puja this morning. I'll see how I feel about this method. It may work because I've thought about how to give due worship to the deities I feel a special connection to.

Sunday, Durga
Monday, Shiva
Tuesday, Hanuman
Wednesday, Ganesha
Thursday, Krishna
Friday, Lakshmi
Saturday, Saraswati