• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Questionnaire #5: How Interested are You in Threads about Science?

How interested are you in threads about science?

• I am highly interested in threads about science.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I am very interested in threads about science.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I am interested in threads about science.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I am somewhat interested in threads about science.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I am not interested in threads about science.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This questionnaire is important to me: I am gathering member feedback to help me make better policy decisions. Please help out by responding to it.

Please pick which one of these five options is closest to your views. If you do not see an option that suits you, please accept this poll was not designed for you, and move on.

OPTION ONE: I am highly interested in threads about science.

OPTION TWO: I am very interested in threads about science.

OPTION THREE: I am interested in threads about science.

OPTION FOUR: I am somewhat interested in threads about science.

OPTION FIVE: I am not interested in threads about science.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
For me it is the same as for religious threads.

I will subscribe to the ones that peak my interest.
Sometimes I post in them, sometimes I don't.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I tend to avoid the political threads.
They seem to always bring out the crazy in everyone....

Well,my interest is more...hmmmm..macro-political?
In any case, I can generally ignore the crazy.

I totally agree the politics topics suffer from ridiculous jingoism and partisanship though.

McBell

I totally agree the politics topics suffer from ridiculous jingoism and partisanship though.
see.
Not even a political thread and the politics crazy is started....

SmileyROFLMAO.gif

McBell

I'm highly interested assuming the threads are really about science and not about things that are not products of the scientific method.
oh, I don't know...
There was a thread a bunch of years ago that was mostly four or five creationists arguing over whose version of creation was most scientifically correct.

Best I could tell, none of them got much, if any, of the science correct but it was most interesting to watch.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I am very interested in threads involving the discussion of science and the issues related to science and culture.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm highly interested assuming the threads are really about science and not about things that are not products of the scientific method.
Yes. Like with other topics my interest is basically high but may diminish fast depending on the quality of the discussion.

McBell

Yes. Like with other topics my interest is basically high but may diminish fast depending on the quality of the discussion.
That the rub for me.
Some threads end up so far over my head I lose interest.
Some threads are not about science, but about what someone thinks is science.

McBell

Science as it applies to religion, very much. Yes!:D
I have found that many of this threads end up being a theist using science to get to their god, them dumping the science once they get there.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I have found that many of this threads end up being a theist using science to get to their god, them dumping the science once they get there.

I would rather see the truth then accept a lie, or sincere fabrication. In my mind I am never satisfied with religious explanations. And there are a few science inferences that I am not satisfied with. My comment was about seeing the science side of religion, and not the religious side of science. I take the perspective that humans must explore the unknown, and not assume answers when their is none. I don't want to wear the goggles of religion nor the goggles of naturalism. Evolution is very believable. But I'm faithing it quite a bit when I side with evolution. Vestigials, and adaptation is very convincing. I hear that the predictive power of evolution is quite accurate, and useful to medicine. I have to learn more about it.