• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Importance of Rituals

godrealized

Man who Realized God
zenzero... my understanding of rituals is different! People go to Haridwar for taking dip in river Ganges (the sacred Ganga)... to what avail! Does a dip in Ganges River absolve us from sins! By visiting religious places like Vaishno Devi, Badrinath, Kedarnath or any of Dhams bring us nearer to God! No... It shall never be! For reaching God complete eradication of karma is necessitated!

During the times of Vedas... rituals had a different meaning... connotation! In present times just by visiting religious places people think they have achieved all! So is never to be. On the path of pure spirituality there is no place for rituals ever! Pure contemplation... meditation is the only way out! It is only by indulgence in path of Neti (not this, not this) human beings finally reached God!

In the initial stages of life, I also started in search of God via path of bhakti yoga. After reading experiences of Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Maharishi Ramana... one thing became absolutely clear... both were speaking truth and only truth! When I started following path of jnana yoga... the journey of spirituality became easier... easy to travel!

godrealized

Man who Realized God
Satsangi... we can never generalize the issue! During times of Vedas... every single Sage who compiled an Upanishad (independent treatise) was enlightened! Enlightenment was gained by thousands if not millions! Not that every Sage reached stage of enlightenment (kaivalya jnana)! It is only in present times enlightenment is difficult to achieve!

People who reached stage of enlightenment through path of bhakti yoga are numerous! When I read experiences of Sant Tukaram, Sant Jnaneshwar, Sant Ramdas, Sant Namdev, Sant Eknath, Sant Kabir, Sant Surdas etc... One thing reflected in all! All had reached God Almighty in their lifetime... blessed are ways of bhakti yoga of yesterday era!

Bhagavad Gita is absolutely clear on one point... we have to negate karma to zero to reach stage of enlightenment! There is no escape on that! Regarding exact shloka... I shall quote at opportune moment! One man show and so many queries I receive in a day... I have a backlog of six years to reply. Intelligent queries always promptly attended to!

I shall be within this year hopefully starting a live commentary on Bhagavad Gita shloka by shloka (verse by verse)! In that commentary whenever this particular shloka verse crops up... I shall give a detailed reply!

Above 12,000 people receive my newsletter! Many more are looking forward to a running live commentary on Bhagavad Gita. It would be a truly noble experience getting to know Bhagavad Gita step-by-step! (I would appreciate if you could send this query by e-mail also so that when I come across this particular shloka verse... I remember to reply). Please do not take otherwise!

godrealized

Man who Realized God
Anti-religion... if Srila Prabhupada stated something... it is not the last word on the subject! As per Bhagavad Gita in a Kali Yuga... the present Dark Age... metal age... reaching stage of enlightenment (kaivalya jnana) seems next to impossible! Following path of spirituality is treading an unknown path!

Some say path of spirituality is full of thorns... I distinctly say it is not full of thorns... but made of thorns... the prime reason why people normally follow the easier path... path of rituals... path of routines... path of bhakti yoga... path of religion! As per Bhagavad Gita in Kali Yuga... the only path to reach God is path of jnana yoga (absolute wisdom)!

During times of Lord Krishna... there was only one person competent to assimilate teachings of Lord Krishna! Even king Arjuna in initial stage was reluctant to accept teachings of Lord Krishna! The path of Bhagavad Gita... path of jnana yoga... path of absolute wisdom is really difficult to travel... the prime reason why God Almighty ordained a long journey of 1.1 million manifestations... an earthly life cycle of 12.4 million years before human beings reached stage of enlightenment (kaivalya jnana)!

Whatever is ordained to be achieved in thousands and thousands of lifetimes... if we desire achieving the same in a limited time span of 70 to 80 years... we have to awaken kundalini shakti by practice of absolute celibacy for a minimum period of 12 years in continuation! On the path of bhakti yoga... practice of celibacy is not a necessity... an absolute must!

Unless our kundalini shakti awakened fully... the Shahastra Pushpa (thousand petaled Lotus) existing in our brain behind the forehead never opened fully! One whose kundalini has fully awakened... becomes a Brahma jnani... knower of all... gains omniscience for all practical purposes! Through path of bhakti yoga... opening of Shahastra Pushpa in brain is very difficult to achieve... rather almost impossible in present times!

How difficult it is to travel path of jnana yoga in present times can be gauged from fact that in last about 150 years world over amongst 7 billion people only two persons reached stage of enlightenment... Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Maharishi Ramana! Both these spiritual stalwarts started their pursuit of God via path of bhakti yoga but switched to jnana yoga in later stages of life!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend godrealised,

It appears that you have missed the point was trying to point at.
There is no differences of opinion on the complete annihilation of karma balance to be in UNITY with the WHOLE that individuals are part of.

Good to know that you have realised God in 1993 but personally am yet to realise that was ever separated from that WHOLE, since eternity. The Mind though still tries to create an illusion as its nature but that too is understood as it too is a part of the WHOLE!

Love & rgds

godrealized

Man who Realized God
zenzero... talking of mind we need to understand that no individual human being ever has a mind! We all have a brain that works as a transmitting or a receiving station! All thoughts to our brain are invoked by one incessantly based on residual balance of karma of the moment! Yogis dwelling in higher domains of meditation invoke lesser thoughts compared to normal human beings!

The mind of whole cosmic system is one. It has two compartments... plus and minus! From mind plus we invoke all positive thoughts and from reservoir of mind minus we invoked all negative thoughts! As is our karma... accordingly the invocation of thoughts... positive or negative! If we truly desire traveling the spiritual path we can never leave things to chance or destiny!

The destiny of every human being lay in our hands! By establishing absolute control over five senses... we controlled mind! In simple words we could stop the flow of negative or positive thoughts altogether... this is the stage of Nirvikalpa samadhi... stage of absolute nothingness when human beings finally reached stage of enlightenment (kaivalya jnana)!

Every single illusion results from our inherent ignorance! By indulgence in sacred scriptures... we reduced the flow of negative thoughts step-by-step slowly! As we progressed higher on spiritual plane... the flow of negative thoughts became minimal finally coming to a naught... absolute zero! At no stage of life we can leave things to chance... we have to manifest destiny under all costs!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend godrealised,

Kindly read the thread: What is the mind [Dir buddhism.] for the understanding.

Love & rgds

Satsangi

Satsangi... we can never generalize the issue! During times of Vedas... every single Sage who compiled an Upanishad (independent treatise) was enlightened! Enlightenment was gained by thousands if not millions! Not that every Sage reached stage of enlightenment (kaivalya jnana)! It is only in present times enlightenment is difficult to achieve!

People who reached stage of enlightenment through path of bhakti yoga are numerous! When I read experiences of Sant Tukaram, Sant Jnaneshwar, Sant Ramdas, Sant Namdev, Sant Eknath, Sant Kabir, Sant Surdas etc... One thing reflected in all! All had reached God Almighty in their lifetime... blessed are ways of bhakti yoga of yesterday era!

Bhagavad Gita is absolutely clear on one point... we have to negate karma to zero to reach stage of enlightenment! There is no escape on that! Regarding exact shloka... I shall quote at opportune moment! One man show and so many queries I receive in a day... I have a backlog of six years to reply. Intelligent queries always promptly attended to!

I shall be within this year hopefully starting a live commentary on Bhagavad Gita shloka by shloka (verse by verse)! In that commentary whenever this particular shloka verse crops up... I shall give a detailed reply!

Above 12,000 people receive my newsletter! Many more are looking forward to a running live commentary on Bhagavad Gita. It would be a truly noble experience getting to know Bhagavad Gita step-by-step! (I would appreciate if you could send this query by e-mail also so that when I come across this particular shloka verse... I remember to reply). Please do not take otherwise!

Godrealized,

Do u think that u can negate the karmas by any Sadhana?? There is Sanchitta karma, Kriyamaan karma and Prarabdha karma- what will u negate and how? By the way, can u say what exactly u mean by Jnana?? Tell me how will u "negate the karmas"?

I will tell u what BG says in favor of Jnana- " rute Jnana ha mukti hi" - do u mean this shloka? If yes, define the Jnana the Lord Krishna means by this Shloka.

Also, I would like to know where in BG it is said that Jnana is the path of choice in Kali Yuga. Mirabai, Sant EkNath, Sant Tukaram, Narsinha Mehta are all in Kali Yuga only.

Regards,

Last edited: