• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Importance of Rituals

Charzhino

I was having a discussion with a Christian poster on another forum who said that she doesn't believe Christianity to be a religion per se as the others because it isn't ''work-based''. I then said this can be said for all religions including Islam and Hinduism. This is an extract of what she said:
That is why I distinguish Christianity from other religions, because it's a relationship with God based on Him revealing Himself to us and Him enabling us to have a relationship with us through Jesus, rather than anything we can do.

Hinduism also, as far as I know, is a works-based religion. In order to achieve Moksha you need to do one of four things- carry out certain rituals/ceremonies, duties etc, come to a complete understanding of the universe, through acts of worship to God or through meditation and yoga.

The difference I'm trying to get at is that unlike religions, Christianity is not works-based but faith-based. It is not based on how good you are or what you can do- it's about acknowledging that we can never be good enough for God and that we need the sacrifice of Jesus on our behalf, paying the price for our rebellion against God. It's based on faith- placing our trust in Jesus, and that through His blood our sin (our rebellion) can be forgiven and then we can have eternal life.

She also said that Islam is similar to be work based as you have to follow the 5 pillars to gain acceptance. How much of this is true for Hinduism? Do you have to follow certain rituals and practices to attain Moksha?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Charzino,

How much of this is true for Hinduism? Do you have to follow certain rituals and practices to attain Moksha?

Personal understanding is that *rituals* is not required for enlightenment.
They are only to keeps one's thoughts focused on the activity and not the goal and so is just another method at best.

Love & rgds

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Well, there is the path of Karma-Yoga in Hinduism, which is the path of selfless service.

Hinduism really just has multiple paths for different people depending on their tendencies. For those who are restless, kinetic learners, etc., the path of Karma-Yoga is good. For those who are more introverted and thoughtful, you have the path of Jnana-Yoga (the Path of Knowledge.) There's also Raja-Yoga, which is meditation through various methods, including breath-control, and Bhakti-Yoga, which is far closer to Christianity, in that it is the path of Devotion to God.

However, the rituals are not necessary. Sacrifice can be done in the social setting; it doesn't have to be in the temple. It's simply giving up something important to you for the sake of another. In Bhakti-Karma-Yoga, that "another" is God alone; all the fruits of actions are given to God.

There are those who believe practices are necessary, and I agree. I never saw the use of a "get out of jail free" card that some Christians believe Christ to have been.

Satsangi

Friend Charzhino.

Here is my take on your query.

(1) In Hinduism, there are two types of Dharmas - one are common "Varnashram Dharmas" for the beginners and the other is the "Dharma of the enlightened or Ekantik Dharma."

(2) I do not believe that ones efforts alone- by any Sadhana leads to Moksha. The Ishwara is the only granter of fruits of Karma and is the only one who grants Moksha. But, the Sadhana is equally necessary as prescribed by the Guru and by the means of Sadhana alone one can free oneself of the rebirths and become what I call Jivan Mukta. But to know God , which I consider as Moksha, one needs God realized Guru or an Avatar of God Himself.

(3) The essential difference between Christianity and Hinduism is that the Christians as you quoted believe that we cannot be "good enough for God" and they can achieve God through Jesus as he died for their sins. But, this I believe, is a contemporary thought. What are the ten commandments for then? They would be of no use. Acccording to me, real Christian is the one who has strong faith in Jesus and God and who shows that by actually living the ten commandments in his/her life. Then there is no difference with the Hinduism thinking.

The Hindus are supposed to follow their Dharmas because we believe it to be given command from God Himself. The Karmas of such actions are to be surrendered to God just as Shri Krishna says in BG. Even Hinduism is primarily faith based in my opinion (especially the Bhakti Yoga), but Dharmas are important because one should effortlessly follow the words of God if you really love Him.

Regards,

Wannabe Yogi

I was having a discussion with a Christian poster on another forum who said that she doesn't believe Christianity to be a religion per se as the others because it isn't ''work-based''...

How much of this is true for Hinduism? Do you have to follow certain rituals and practices to attain Moksha?

This is a very common belief among Christian evangelicals. Christ saves the christian from hell and all non-Christians faiths believe they have to earn their way to heaven. They are not only talking about rituals but also just being good and even prayers to God. Some Christians Fundamentalists think that when we pray we are just trying to get in to heaven. I think that this is basically a misunderstanding between our faiths for two reasons:

-Hindu's dont believe in original sin. We don't have anything to be saved from. We don't see any need in following our faith. It's something you do because you want to. If you want to experience "God" in this life you do the following... If not thats ok . A Hindu prays to God because He loves God. Not to be saved from Hell. Martin Luther ( initiated the Protestant Reformation ) said " Man is a Dung heap covered in snow." [ Humans are basically bad ]
Hindu's believe that Moksha is our natural state. Because of Maya we have forgot who and what we are. The all we need to do is wake from our sleep and Rituals, prayers, and meditation shake us from our slumbor.

- Christians believe that Good works are signs of being a Christian. Some Christians believe that you must be baptized ( A christian ritual ) to be saved. They also eat the lords supper (Christian Ritual).This is what the Bible says on this subject.

James 2:14 (New American Standard Bible)

What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?

So Christians must engage in good acts or they are not saved.

Christianity is a very beautiful myth, but is different from our world view and it is very easy for us to misunderstand each other

Last edited:

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
I was having a discussion with a Christian poster on another forum who said that she doesn't believe Christianity to be a religion per se as the others because it isn't ''work-based''. I then said this can be said for all religions including Islam and Hinduism. This is an extract of what she said:
[/I]

She also said that Islam is similar to be work based as you have to follow the 5 pillars to gain acceptance. How much of this is true for Hinduism? Do you have to follow certain rituals and practices to attain Moksha?

You cannot compare Christianity and Hinduism.Hinduism is a vast collection of philosophical groups having different goals.Sometimes they can be contradictory.

The common thread is the vedic authority and then there is reincarnation/rebirth(which is common to all dharmic religions).The non-theistic schools of Hinduism have more in common with Shramanic (ascetic) faiths viz. Buddhism and Jainism.Theistic schools have some thing in common with Christianity and Islam.

But nowhere can a mere belief in a Hindu God will give you liberation.You get back ,what you do.So,a good atheist is always better than a bad Hindu .This may not be the case with "modern" Christianity.But I dont agree that esoteric forms of Christianity is not "Work Based".I dont know why you are singling out Christianity when Islam or other abrahamic religions also demands such beliefs.

Hindu Rituals will take you their heaven which is again temporary and not conducive for liberation.

Purva Mimamsa placed rituals over mysticism ,they were defeated through argumentation by the Vedantists.Hence,the current Hinduism is not under the hold of rituals.Other dharmic faiths(Buddhism,Jainism and Sikhism) have always denounced ritualism.

The practices vary from asceticism ,meditation ,yoga to intense devotion depending upon the school.There is nothing to gain acceptance in Hinduism.Hinduism does not recognize "apostasy".

Last edited by a moderator:

Wannabe Yogi

Hindu Rituals will take you their heaven which is again temporary and not conducive for liberation.

Many of the greatest Hindu Saints engaged in Rituals like Puja and fire worship. Ramakrishna just to name one. The great saint I know from Assam. She engages in Puja and Chanting the whole Chandi everyday. She go's in and out of Samadhi at will. In fact I don't think she really ever comes out, she always has one foot in and one foot out. Rituals can and are used in Hinduism as a method to realize God. Even Sankara himself worshiped the Sri Yantra with rituals. Most common people engage in worship for stuff like good grades or a nice wife for their son. This is why people think rituals are a low form of Hinduism full of superstition.

Last edited:

Metempsychosis

Many of the greatest Hindu Saints engaged in Rituals like Puja and fire worship. Ramakrishna just to name one. The great saint I know from Assam. She engages in Puja and Chanting the whole Chandi everyday. She go's in and out of Samadhi at will. In fact I don't think she really ever comes out, she always has one foot in and one foot out.
Yes Rituals as long they are used as means it is fine,but they themselves cannot become the goal .Goal is in vedanta.As long as this is maintained rituals are fine.

Rituals can and are used in Hinduism as a method to realize God. Even Sankara himself worshiped the Sri Yantra with rituals.

And Ramakrishna was aware of human frailties ,esp.with regards to tantric practitioners.He was a master tantric himself.Here is an extract from an article:
A woman tantric approached him and said, “I have been sent here by God to initiate you into the tantric way of attaining God.” Day after day she expounded the tantric way. But when it came to the final stage, Sri Ramakrishna, who swore by brahmacharya, replied that through this [his] body it is impossible. She said, “Then I’ll have the whole thing enacted before you.” So she got a tantric male and a tantric female to enact the ultimate consummation of the practice before him. As he was observing it stage by stage she went on describing it to him: “Observe carefully. Now you see how they are in ecstasy; they are ecstatic. They are losing their own consciousness.” And at that stage, suddenly Ramakrishna lost all consciousness. He went into deep samadhi. So he vicariously proved to himself that that ultimate sexual experience can lift one up into that state beyond all duality.

Sri Sankara was of "namboothiri" ( orthodox priestly ) caste:they are the only ones who still practice/preserved the occult tantra rituals to this day.

Most common people engage in worship for stuff like good grades or a nice wife for their son.This is why people think rituals are a low form of Hinduism full of superstition.
They pray to some "God"/Gods" to help them.Some even shave their heads as an ritual for God.And some break hundreds of coconuts:D

Satsangi

Friend Antireligion,

Rituals are not by any means denounced in Buddhism or Jainism; I do not know about Sikhism. It just depends on which sect of Buddhism or Jainism you are talking about. Agree that rituals are a means not an end. I do not even find it odd that people shave their heads or break coconuts for wanting something from God. That is SaKaam Bhakti. Till one reaches the NishKaam Bhakti, there is no reason why one should not do SaKaam Bhakti.

The question here by friend Charzhino here in essence boils down to the belief in the Karma theory- the Dharmic religions believe in it and the Abrahamic religions do not.

Regards,

godrealized

Man who Realized God
Charzino... in present times indulgence in rituals is not a necessity! Why? During Vedic times when rituals were in vogue... consciousness had not yet evolved to stage it is now! People feared God at every stage of life! To ward off evil people indulged in worship and prayers! This led to followers of Hinduism developing a horde of gods... numbering 330 million!

If there were no rains people prayed to Indra (God of thunder and rain). If cyclones... heavy winds disturbed mankind... people pray to Vayu Devta (God of air)! For conducting yagna... homage was paid to Agni Devta (God of fire) and foremost of all for welfare of mankind... indulgence in sacrifices became a daily affair during Vedic times!

The initial four Vedas... Rig Veda, Sama Veda, Yajur Veda and Atharva Veda were voluminous documents much beyond comprehension of commoners... masses! Even scholars faced difficulty assimilating wisdom contained therein! As consciousness evolved further and human beings became more aware of cosmic potential within... more stress was laid on jnana yoga!

With coming of Lord Krishna... doctrine of Bhagavad Gita was put forward to mankind! Following 700 shlokas verses contained in Bhagavad Gita any human being on mother earth can reach stage of enlightenment (kaivalya jnana)! For gaining enlightenment... following any ritual is not the call of day... no matter what! Indulgence in even a single ritual is not necessitated!

God Almighty can never be reached via path of bhakti yoga... path of religion... path of rituals! Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Maharishi Ramana initially started their journey via path of bhakti yoga but subsequently both switched to path of jnana yoga (absolute wisdom)! Primarily path of karma yoga and bhakti yoga is meant for physical manifest life... average lifespan of 70 to 80 years!

Unless we work... unless we perform our karma one cannot earn bread-and-butter for the day! Path of bhakti yoga is necessitated to keep flock of human beings bonded together lest vices took over society! Ritually going to a Temple, church or mosque and offering prayers to God is not bad... what is of concern is people gossiping in places of worship... the primary aim of some!

Last edited:

Wannabe Yogi

Charzino... in present times indulgence in rituals is not a necessity! Why? During Vedic times when rituals were in vogue... consciousness had not yet evolved to stage it is now! People feared God at every stage of life!

I must disagree with you. In Vedic times people were more intelligent about matters of the soul then today. The Vedic rituals were so complex that we are unable to even try them today. Have you ever even tried to do the math calculations for a Vedic Alter! The Vedic folks did not see the difference between the worldly life and spiritual life they were just steeped in Brahman.

To ward off evil people indulged in worship and prayers! This led to followers of Hinduism developing a horde of gods... numbering 330 million!

Today this is what it has become. Rituals to get a Hot wife,Good Job,Cure from sickness. This statement contradicts your previous comment. The Vedic people saw God in all.

If there were no rains people prayed to Indra (God of thunder and rain). If cyclones... heavy winds disturbed mankind... people pray to Vayu Devta (God of air)! For conducting yagna... homage was paid to Agni Devta (God of fire) and foremost of all for welfare of mankind... indulgence in sacrifices became a daily affair during Vedic times!

In Vedic times all of life was ordered around God. Yes rituals were done in just one of the Ashrams. Every one was expected to leave there homes at 7-22 years old to study. Only after you came home and took up married life would you do rituals. Then in retirement take a simple life to contemplate the nature of the world. Then in old age take Sannyasa and renounce the world. Being a Swami was not like to day were you would go to a math and get fat and happy. You could never sleep in side and never stay in the same place for more then 3 days. How many could do that today!

Indulgence in even a single ritual is not necessitated!

True it is not a necessity.

God Almighty can never be reached via path of bhakti yoga... path of religion... path of rituals! Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Maharishi Ramana initially started their journey via path of bhakti yoga but subsequently both switched to path of jnana yoga (absolute wisdom)!

Jnana Yoga is not absolute wisdom, it is a path to Wisdom just like Bhakti Yoga. Yoga is the cessation of mental fragmentation. (chita vritti nirodha)
Both Bhakti yoga and Jnana yoga work equally well in stilling the mind.

Ramakrishna and Raman Maharishi both said that the Path of Bhakti and Jnana are both equal paths to God. Ramakrishna did rituals after learning about Advaita Vedanta. His whole life was spent going to the Kali Temple.

Also look at look at the Greatest teacher of Advaita Vedanta of all time Adi Sankara. He spent the last years of his life writing devotional poems.

You do not need to take cruel shots at our Bhakti brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

godrealized

Man who Realized God
Wannabe Yogi... I agree with you... you are right in a way... yes and no! Yes... for number of people who traveled path of absolute wisdom during times of Upanishads and Bhagavad Gita were much more than today but in times of strife... even a single human being... a loner can change destiny of mankind! Such a one would be termed Bhagavan Kalki in present times!

From point of view of Bhagavad Gita what I wanted to say was... even in times of strife... the present Dark Age one can assimilate wisdom contained in Bhagavad Gita! It is very difficult yet, not impossible! In present times what is of advantage is... we do not have to indulge in rituals... sacrifices! The path to absolute wisdom is straight and clear!

The indulgence in rituals resulted from bad practices adopted by religious pundits of yester era! Not allowing people from lower castes to come near temples... pray to God... taking the kingdom to ransom by employing deceitful tactics life indulging commoners in rituals totally uncalled for! The rituals galore as of today resulted from malpractices of religious pundits of yester era!

The commoners... the ignorant masses are never at fault! Every single religious practice as of today resulted from wrong implementation of policies by religious preachers of different era in the past! Why blame commoners... the masses when gullible religious practitioners are to blame!

Jnana yoga is the only path to absolute wisdom! In the 700 shlokas verses contained in Bhagavad Gita are hidden those pearls of wisdom (jnana) that can never be found elsewhere! Both Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Maharishi Ramana clearly admitted that they switched from bhakti yoga to path of jnana yoga in the later stages of life!

Trying to assimilate wisdom (jnana) literally never helps! Whatever our knowledge of scriptures... we have to understand the underlying meaning! The Kali Temple was abode of Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa but in later stages of life Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa followed tenets of spirituality... path of absolute wisdom... path of jnana yoga!

The practitioners of bhakti yoga... what do they ultimately get in life! Practically nothing! I have met people going to Temple continuously without break for 15 years two hours everyday but to no avail! What value of such rituals when we do not even understand basic meaning of mantras we recite in temples! Even if we understand... we never follow them seriously!

The path of jnana yoga is of contemplation... the silent contemplation practiced by Maharishi Ramana! Pursuing the path of jnana yoga via path of Neti (not this, not this) Maharishi Ramana finally gained enlightenment in his lifetime. At every stage of life... in every shloka verse Bhagavad Gita is absolutely clear! It clearly says God Almighty can never be reached via path of bhakti yoga!

Adi Shankaracharya... a great exponent of Advaita Vedanta philosophy was a follower of absolute! Although a hard-core Brahmin... he followed path of jnana yoga and reached stage of enlightenment at an early age! Any human being with humility willing to understand gist of life can follow precepts of Bhagavad Gita ceremoniously! Where lay the fault with path of jnana yoga?

Andal

resident hypnotist

The practitioners of bhakti yoga... what do they ultimately get in life! Practically nothing! I have met people going to Temple continuously without break for 15 years two hours everyday but to no avail! What value of such rituals when we do not even understand basic meaning of mantras we recite in temples! Even if we understand... we never follow them seriously!

It appears that you do not really understand what Bhakti Yoga is. Bhakti Yoga has nothing to do with going to temples. Sure Bhakti Yogis can go to temples but so do other yogis as well. Temple attendance and even ritual completion is not a requirement of Bhakti. Bhakti is the complete and total surrender to Sri Bhagavan. This results ultimately in unending bliss of the reunion between Jiva and Ishvara. Those on the path of bhakti don't do rituals to get material benefits, we engage in practices to strengthen our relationship with God.

So perhaps you are confusing bhakti with superstition? Sure there are plenty of people who go to temples and do homas and pujas for all sorts of material blessings but this is not bhakti yoga. Bhakti yoga at its most common form is the remembrance of and meditation on Sri Bhagavan. Japa, kirtan, and bhajan are very popular modes to do this. Aarti and everything else is only complimentary and should be a further expression of the love we are experiencing and expressing.

Aum Hari Aum!

Wannabe Yogi

Trying to assimilate wisdom (jnana) literally never helps! Whatever our knowledge of scriptures... we have to understand the underlying meaning! The Kali Temple was abode of Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa but in later stages of life Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa followed tenets of spirituality... path of absolute wisdom... path of jnana yoga!

“God can be realized through all paths. All religions are true. The important thing is to reach the roof. You can reach it by stone stairs or by wooden stairs or by bamboo steps or by a rope. You can also climb up by a bamboo pole.” -Ramakrishna.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,

Personal understanding of *RITUALS*.

Normally whatever is done regularly without fail is said to be a ritual.
The reason for following a ritual is to ensure that the habit is formed even unconsciously so that the body reacts unconsciously in the same pattern and so RITUALS were formed.

However it must be understood that there are deeper layers in the mind which lie below the sub-conscious and this is where we find that even after someone visits the temple for 15 years or even pronounces the mantras properly find no peace of MIND.

The reason is simple that one ACTS UNCONSCIOUSLY and the actual reason to follow any ritual is to be CONSCIOUS / ALERT / WAKE UP /etc. becomes just a ritual.

Here would like to give an example of Gautama when he used to do anything even sit on a *asan* [prayer mat] he used to walk around it three times so that his every act is very very conscious and all layers of the mind are conscious. Though these acts look like ritual in a sense are also a form of meditation or *wakefullness* as labelled by Gautama.

Love & rgds

Satsangi

Charzino... in present times indulgence in rituals is not a necessity! Why? During Vedic times when rituals were in vogue... consciousness had not yet evolved to stage it is now! People feared God at every stage of life! To ward off evil people indulged in worship and prayers! This led to followers of Hinduism developing a horde of gods... numbering 330 million!

The initial four Vedas... Rig Veda, Sama Veda, Yajur Veda and Atharva Veda were voluminous documents much beyond comprehension of commoners... masses! Even scholars faced difficulty assimilating wisdom contained therein! As consciousness evolved further and human beings became more aware of cosmic potential within... more stress was laid on jnana yoga!

With coming of Lord Krishna... doctrine of Bhagavad Gita was put forward to mankind! Following 700 shlokas verses contained in Bhagavad Gita any human being on mother earth can reach stage of enlightenment (kaivalya jnana)! For gaining enlightenment... following any ritual is not the call of day... no matter what! Indulgence in even a single ritual is not necessitated!

God Almighty can never be reached via path of bhakti yoga... path of religion... path of rituals! Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Maharishi Ramana initially started their journey via path of bhakti yoga but subsequently both switched to path of jnana yoga (absolute wisdom)! Primarily path of karma yoga and bhakti yoga is meant for physical manifest life... average lifespan of 70 to 80 years!

Unless we work... unless we perform our karma one cannot earn bread-and-butter for the day! Path of bhakti yoga is necessitated to keep flock of human beings bonded together lest vices took over society! Ritually going to a Temple, church or mosque and offering prayers to God is not bad... what is of concern is people gossiping in places of worship... the primary aim of some!

Do u really mean that the Vedic Sages were idiots and "the consciousness" evolved in the "great people" of today? Please....

How many enlightened people do u want from Bhakti path?..... Sage Narada, Shukdevji, Prahalad, Ambrish Raja, Dhruv, Gopis who were the chosen devotees of Lord Krishna whose BG u vow on, Arjuna, Hanumanji, Laxman, Mirabai, Narsinh Mehta, Sant Tukaram......... I can go on and on......

Even the Advaitin Sages never gave up Bhakti.....starting with Adi Sankara.

Please quote me one Shloka of BG where Lord Krishna says that "God Almighty cannot be realized by Bhakti." Then I will explain you what Jnana Lord Krishna is talking about in BG.

Regards,

Last edited:

godrealized

Man who Realized God
krishnakanta... the path of bhakti yoga as practiced in times of Mira Bai, Eknath, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu... and numerous others is totally missing in present times! Achieving God Almighty through path of bhakti yoga in past was possible but not in present times! It is only by eradicating karma in totality... one finally reached God Almighty... be it path of bhakti yoga or jnana yoga!

In present times through path of bhakti yoga... to eliminate karma is next to impossible! One can do it... but that would be very exceptional! Even Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Maharishi Ramana failed to do so... both switched to path of jnana yoga (absolute wisdom) in later stages of life! Why? It was for simple reason that karma could only be eradicated via path of jnana yoga... never bhakti yoga!

In present times to cuts across karma from previous manifestations through path of bhakti yoga is just not possible! The roots of karma can only be cut by logistics that need path of jnana yoga! Logistics is the fundamental rule of path of jnana yoga. Step-by-step every seeker of spirituality proceeded ahead in search of God!

The path of Neti (not this, not this) is totally based on logistics... absolute truthfulness! We have to eliminate what is wrong at every stage of life! To cut across shackles of karma in a limited time span of 70 to 80 years is really difficult, yet not impossible! Simply by singing praises of God, indulging in kirtans, bhajans... we cannot do away with karma!

Until last trace of karma is eradicated in entirety... one can not attain God Almighty! Problem lay with eradicating karma... not the path of bhakti yoga... pure bhakti as practiced in times of Mira Bai... Eknath and so many others!

Metempsychosis

In present times through path of bhakti yoga... to eliminate karma is next to impossible! One can do it... but that would be very exceptional!

How is that through Bhakti it is impossible ,but Jnana yoga is possible in Kali Yuga?

Sri Prabupada says Jnana yoga is impossible in Kali Yuga..:D

godrealized

Man who Realized God
Wannabe Yogi... I agree... all paths are true provided we start in right direction. If our goal of life is reaching Bombay from New Delhi... we can go on foot... by a cab, a rickshaw, by bus, train or an airplane... whatever the means available! As long as we go in right direction... all is okay! What if we start our journey in direction of Chandigarh... we shall never reach our goal in life time!

In present times God Almighty can only be reached via path of jnana yoga... path of absolute wisdom! Whether we follow practice of Neti (not this, not this) as advocated and practiced by Maharishi Ramana or any other path of contemplation... meditation we shall definitely reach God Almighty! The path of jnana yoga helps one eradicate karma that is the foremost necessity on path of spirituality! Karma has to be reduced to zero to reach God Almighty!