1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured I'm strange?

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Meandflower, May 2, 2021.

1. Jacques de Molay

Ratings:
    +18
    Religion:
    Christian
    What makes a belief factual is a sincere grounding in historical and scientific fact. In other words, it has to pass the "smell test."

Christianity does. With flying colors.

There is most certainly logic in teaching that there's only one (1) way to God. The opposite approach - many ways - is nonsensical.

2. IndigoChild5559

IndigoChild5559 Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Ratings:
    +2,539
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Then you are playing buffet religion, picking and choosing what parts to take and what parts to leave.

3. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,843
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Christianity is not factual and it is not grounded in historical or scientific fact. In other words, it does not pass the "smell test."

No religion is grounded in scientific fact but at least the Baha'i Faith is grounded in historical facts that can be proven to have taken place. Christianity cannot say the same as there is no proof that what was recorded in the Bible ever took place.
    There is no logic in teaching that there's only one (1) way to God. The opposite approach - many ways - is logical.

Do you want to know why it is illogical?

If there was only one way to God and it was Christianity that would mean that 70% of the world population who are not Christians have no way to God. If God is all-loving as Christians believe than that is an untenable belief.

4. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,155
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    I understand that the topics mentioned come down to individual interpretation. One could interpret being born again that Jesus referred to reincarnation so it’s really a subjective thing unless a Divine Figure has stated otherwise. Likewise, we cannot be sure that we possess all the teachings of Buddha. I believe He not only taught about a next life but about God too.

As to the connection between Faiths. Each Founder made a covenant with His followers that He would send someone to guide them in the future, the last days.

In Hinduism sects they await Kalki Avatar
    Judaism the Lord of Hosts
    Christianity Christ returned in the Glory of the Father
    Buddhism Maitreya, the Fifth Buddha
    Zoroastrian Faith Shah Bahram
    Islam Mahdi

Basically, although they all have different names, I believe the scriptures are all referring to the same one Great Being. I believe that to be Baha’u’llah.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,155
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    I liken the religions collectively to the human body. Following your analysis, shall we then throw out the heart or liver or perhaps the lungs?

There is beauty and truth in all faiths. They all enlighten mankind with spiritual sustenance. We can accept all their truths and not just limit ourselves to one of them.

6. Jacques de Molay

Ratings:
    +18
    Religion:
    Christian
    In all sincerity, being "born again" is not a reference to reincarnation. The scriptures make clear that it is a spiritual renewal, NOT a physical rebirth.

The scriptures you refer to MAY all be referring to the one true God...But again, that doesn't mean they will lead to Him.

7. Jacques de Molay

Ratings:
    +18
    Religion:
    Christian
    You obviously don't know much about the history of Christianity, and it's absolute grounding in historical fact.

You've heard about the 12 Apostles, correct?

11/12 of the Apostles died for their beliefs. Would they have died for a lie? Or for something they weren't sure about?

...Doubtful.

As far as "70% of the world population who are not Christians have no way to God," that's also false. 100% of the world's population has a pathway to God.

They just have to find it.

Scripture is clear, however: Most people, because of their own choices, will NOT be saved.

That's not God's fault.

8. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,843
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Historical evidence of the Apostles is scarce, and some of it contradicts core Christian beliefs. In the Bible, Jesus Christ names 12 apostles to spread his gospel, and the early Christian church owes its rapid rise to their missionary zeal.Mar 6, 2016

These 12 Men Shaped Christianity—But Were They Real?

If you believe that The Only Way to God is Christianity I am afraid you are sorely mistaken. All true religions lead to God, although God would prefer we take the new road rather than the old roads because those old roads were built for former ages. The new road is the Baha'i Faith.

There is nothing to be saved from except our own lower selves which lead us to sinful actions. Original sin caused by Adam and Eve is a Christian doctrine that came about from misinterpreting the Bible so that Christians could say we needed to be saved by the cross sacrifice of Jesus. Jesus did save us, but in the way Christians commonly believe.

Question.—In verse 22 of chapter 15 of 1 Corinthians it is written: “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” What is the meaning of these words?

29: EXPLANATION OF VERSE TWENTY-TWO, CHAPTER FIFTEEN, OF THE FIRST EPISTLE OF ST. PAUL TO THE CORINTHIANS

9. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,325
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe that can be done if one resolves the contradictions. My guess is that you would have to resolve those contradiction in favor of one or the other in most cases.

10. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,325
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe perhaps he meant uncommon and I believe that to be true. I believe most people adhere to one religion.

11. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,325
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe Bahai's tend to rearrange other religions to fit their Bahai beliefs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. oldbadger

oldbadger Skanky Old Mongrel!

Ratings:
    +6,806
    Religion:
    deist
    Fair enough.
    I believe that many Christians cherry pick their beliefs to suit themselves as well.

• Like Like x 1