• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm New

Viva

Hello,

I'm new. I've studied theology, and philosophy for almost 2 decades intensly. I enjoy helping others.

My speciality is Greek, Textual Criticism, and Church History.

My posts have been deleted a few times I think possibly because I am not a mystical goonie. Hopefully I will find warmth and friendship among the goons. : )

Viva

Watcher

The Gunslinger
Welcome to the board.
Just maybe in the future, you don't want to start a thread informing a good portion of the board that they are going to burn in hell...;)

fromthe heart

Hi Viva...and welcome to the forum...this is a good place to be if you've been burned by other forums...there are a lot of good people here that will acept you for who you are and not condemn you...we all follow the rules here as well...it makes for a better place to share time with others.:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Viva;

We meet at last!

You might like to have a look at :- Articles for New Members ; from there, there is a link to the forum rules, which you ought to see.

I hope you enjoy being part of this 'happy family':)

Viva

Thanks, you guys seem nice.

Shalom jewscout - at mayvene ivreleet?
If so, we could discuss things personally a little more deeper.

I do not mean to make enemies. I just like to roll up my sleeves and get to the heart of issues. If I knew you all personally I would take you out to Hells Kitchen (I like that show) for a nice hamburger after informing you of your future location in the afterlife (hell). : )

no hard feelings. (can I say that among those in metaphysics?) : )

Viva

ch'ang

artist in training
Are you serious? these people still kindly accept you after what you said to them in your first post, they try to just shake it off and continue to be nice to you and yet agian you tell them they are going to burn in hell. I really hope your just doing this for kicks and are not really serious.

Viva

Of course I'm serious. But I'm serious with a smile on my face.

Really, I'm a nice person. I think you'd like me if we went out for a hamburger.

Viva

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Viva said:
My posts have been deleted a few times I think possibly because I am not a mystical goonie. Hopefully I will find warmth and friendship among the goons. : )
Or perhaps they were offensive? I did not see the posts in question, but I gather that you've made some statements that could be regarded as... unkind.

I think that perhaps the word I'm looking for is empathy. Like I said in another post, you probably are a lovely person that we would enjoy a burger with. (Or a veggie-burger, for some of our members.) However, if someone were to approach you in your place of worship (RF and the forest are the places where I feel the deepest connection with divinity.) and, smiling, tell you that their belief system dictated that you were doomed to spend an eternity in a rather nasty place because of your belief system... well, you wouldn't think that was a very nice person.

I do welcome you to RF and hope you choose to have empathy for others. Many of the forum Christians believe that others are going to hell, but they're very tactful about not mentioning this belief.

For example, being a 'mystical goonie' means that I love my neighbor and treat others as they would want to be treated themselves. Simply because I am of another religion than you, though, I would not call you a 'mystical goonie'.

Namaste, and may the feelings you bring to the forum be returned to you tenfold. They have for me, and I could not ask for anything better in my life.