• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm kind of embarrassed to even say this

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't you guys in the US have access to lines of credit? We keep one at no cost for emergency purposes. I've used it once, and the interest is 1% above prime lending. I only found out about it once when I threatened to switch banks.
Yes, I currently have 2 revolving credit lines. 1% over prime is pretty good, even if it's secured.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's just so easy ... no need to take out a loan every time. Maybe, however, you have to meet certain things in order to qualify though. I don't know, I didn't ask. The bank guy turned real nice somehow when I said I had to go shopping around.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Lines of credit are not a problem. But one problem is many in the US are not taught how to handle money, balance a budget, shop.for vegetables and rice and beans instead of expensive and unhealthy foods, I am not saying the OP is like that but Americans often do not understand how to invest and save and things like that. But I am seeing improvements in that regard of late.