• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm curious, Why Satanism is so FEARED?

Linus

I think its the name that scares 'em. Satan is the epitome of evil according to the christians, so it would only seem natural to be evil if you serve evil. That plus the fact that Christians don't really know exactly what satanism really is. They think it just means that you are serving satan so you are automatically evil. Bottom line is ignorance of the whole concept.

Dadball

During a packed sunday service in church, Satan appreared.
People ran screaming from the pews and the sanctuary. I had not moved. He turns to me and asks
"Don't you know who I am"?
I said "Yes".
"Who Am I?" he bellowed.
"Satan" I answered.
He sneared at me and asked "Aren't you afraid of me"?
Unphased I said "No"
"WHY NOT!" he said angrly.
"Because I have been married to your sister for 20 years".

robtex

Veteran Member
sillygeezer10 said:
Why so many christians goes white at the mere mention of Satanism? Tell me why the satanists get so much flak. I'm curious....
I am going to chalk it up to xenophobia. If they read the sanatic bible they will see it is at it's root atheistic hedonism.

fromthe heart

There is a verse in the Bible that says we are to aviod the' appearence 'of evil. I think that may have something to do with it to some degree...not the evil itself as much as it's appearence of it. We are to distinguish ourselves apart from the world and all that's in it to corrupt us in some way? I do agree that when as a christian I hear of satinism I do react.

I do think that some people fear Satanism (traditional or modern), but I think that it probably only because the train of thought is rather different to their own.

Fluffy

A fool
But, Isis, most people do not have a grasp of what Satanism is about. Surely it is more the fear of the unknown along with the media spin that creates the fear. Id agree with you, however, that if everyone was knowledgeable about Satanism then they could still be scared of it because its ways are very different than what I have seen in most other religions.

pensive

sillygeezer10 said:
Why so many christians goes white at the mere mention of Satanism? Tell me why the satanists get so much flak. I'm curious....
It's not just Christians. I know many Pagans who go nuts over the idea of Satanism. Heck, one of the common cries of defense among Pagans is "we're not Satanists!"

I don't think that is them saying that Satanism is all evil or whatever, but rather they don't like people not recognising their religion actually exists. And Fluffy, I can understand what you are saying and I agree with you, but even an uneducated Christian understands that Satanists don't think the same as they do.

Fluffy

A fool
Most pagans, as far as I know anyway, dont have a problem with Satanism and are quite prepared to live and let live. However they dont want the bad rap that Satanism gets being placed upon their own, very different, religions.

ahhh I get what you mean now Isis... wasn't thinking about it in the right way when I first read it :).

maike

Hasn't more death &suffering been inflicted on humanity over the last 2000 years in the name of God rather than Satan ????

martha

As a Christian I would say the fear of Satanism is based on the belief that Satan was originally an Angel ie; Lucifer. As glorious as he was in his being, he felt that he was all he needed. (all that and a bag of chips, so to speak) Satan did not feel the need to bow before anyone, even his Creator.

Christians don't want to be associated with any being that they perceive to be going flagrantly against God. They fear thier own soul slipping at times and fear their own demise. Anyone who follows that view of Satan would be in effect declaring their willfull distance from God, our believed Creator. Therefore the fear of Satan becomes real to many.

I would like very much for the Satanists here to explain their beliefs. I have not got a clue. What is it that you like about Satan? Please, please explain my dears. Start an "off topic discussion" Gee, I hope one hasn't been done. I will have to go to search to see if there was a previous post of explanation on that subject.

Very good question, thank you.( even though my response was inadequate).:eek:

Joyfully in Jesus,
Martha

linwood

sillygeezer10 said:
In all honesty it`s because they have been manipulated by Satanism.

The whole point of the Satanists choosing Satan as their God was to freak the Christians out.

It worked so well most Christians have no real clue what Satanism is considering they`re to terrified to even study it awhile.

linwood

martha said:

I would like very much for the Satanists here to explain their beliefs. I have not got a clue. What is it that you like about Satan? Please, please explain my dears. Start an "off topic discussion" Gee, I hope one hasn't been done. I will have to go to search to see if there was a previous post of explanation on that subject.
Martha,

To be perfectly clear I`m talking about Anton LaVeys Church of Satan
I`m not a Satanist but I do hold some of their beliefs as all atheists do.
The first and foremost belief I share with them is Atheism, Satanists do not believe inthe Christian God or Satan.
Satanism is in effect the Anti-religion.

They think the idea of organized religion is a joke, their formation of an organized religion is their way of poking fun at organized religion.

Satanism is extreme materialism, the Satan they speak of is themselves not the Biblical Satan.
He is merely a metaphor.

Thats my ill-educated definition of Satanism but here are some links.
http://www.churchofsatan.com/
http://www.satanism101.com/
http://www.purgingtalon.com/nlm/satanicbooks.htm

martha

Thank you Linwood for the explanation. I will check these links out. I truly had no idea.

Martha

martha said:

In the Satanism forum there is a thread called 'acknowledging traditionalism' in which my theistic satanist belief is explained. Feel free to ask any questions.

bodeanengrl

I don't think that it's that they are "scared" of satanism. Ijust think it takes some of us aback a bit to actually come face to face with a satanist. We have the protection of God so there is nothing to fear.