• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm against abortion myself, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The thing is that we all directly or indirectly impose our morals on others. A cannibalistic man can feel judged. A rapist can feel judged. A pedophile feels judged. A drunk driver can feel judged. List goes on and on…

And what do we do? We (society as a whole) make it clear that we won’t tolerate such behavior. Yet, most people hardly lose sleep over “judging” such people.

We don’t allow those people to make such decisions do we?

I persoanlly do NOT compare myself to a cannibalistic man,a rapist,or someone who has sex with children..Its good to know what catergory some people will stick me and my husband in..I guess its "less offensive" than being compared to Hitler..

Blessings

Dallas

Evelyn

Thats another thought I have on the "a little like Hitler" comment on the concept of "unwanted" children..What about all the "unwanted" children in orphanges and foster care? "Damaged" children or "older troubled children" ..You get all these people saying they would "adopt" the infant to people who are pro-choice ..Now should we compare them to "Hilter" or how about someone shopping for a "pet" being that they will pick and chose age,race gender or "reject" a child that has physical or emotional problems.Someone who waits for years to "get' a perfect fat little white baby?.

I think some of the ones that say off the cuff they would adopt need to put thier money where thier mouth is and start adopting now..Being that there are many "unwanted" children already here wanting and needing a family.People who claim to care so much about "saving lives" need to remember that sure that havign the child versus abortion gives the child "life".But a life of what?When do you start to consider the "quality" of that childs life after birth?What about "saving the lives" of children that are here already?

Blessings

Dallas
It's an excellent way to divert the discussion. Nonetheless, I completely agree with you. Which is why I highly consider people adopt, including us.

On another note, it's dangerous in my opinion to assume one knows the quality of life most would end up living. You know how many people wouldn't have been born with that reasoning?

Evelyn

I persoanlly do NOT compare myself to a cannibalistic man,a rapist,or someone who has sex with children..Its good to know what catergory some people will stick me and my husband in..I guess its "less offensive" than being compared to Hitler..

Blessings

Dallas
You should really stick to the point being made then taking it so personal. Especially when I didn't even intend such connections.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
until you have ever been in that situation can you judge? i dont know if you have, so sotty if that is the caes, but it isnt as clear cut
meant with love of course

Im not judging.Im saying in my personal opinion they should not abort after a certain amount of time.Unless its the only way to save the mothers life..I had one abortion that was early in the second trimester.I know what Im talking about a little here.

If your going to get an abortion it should be early...I've been attacked enough today Xausted. And this has been very emotional for me.Can you cut me some slack.

Blessings

Dallas

Tau

In the case of abortion, lets face it, it is killing a child, it is homicide scientifically speaking, I have witnessed the procedure, it is to end life...society bears the burden of guilt as much as the individual mother, and thus the karmic debt will be incurred as always, everything has its price, in this case it is and will be with the psychological health of a society.

Prevention is better than the *ahem* cure....

misanthropic_clown

The thing is that we all directly or indirectly impose our morals on others. A cannibalistic man can feel judged. A rapist can feel judged. A pedophile feels judged. A drunk driver can feel judged. List goes on and on…

And what do we do? We (society as a whole) make it clear that we won’t tolerate such behavior. Yet, most people hardly lose sleep over “judging” such people.

We don’t allow those people to make such decisions do we?

The thing with that is that there is an element of common morality. Stop 10 people..100 people, even 1000 people and I bet you'd be hard pressed to find someone who thinks rape, eating people or having sex with children is morally acceptable. Stop the same number and ask about abortion, and you will find a much greater proportion that would consider abortion morally acceptable, albeit under varying circumstances.

There comes a line where there is a sufficient proportion of population that finds an act morally acceptable that they are capable of exerting state pressure to reform the laws to their requirements. I think it is only fair to do so, because state law is designed to be representative and protective of the majority of peoples' wishes. To wish to subdue such movement undermines that essential element of democracy which I believe exists for a reason.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
You should really stick to the point being made then taking it so personal. Especially when I didn't even intend such connections.

Well you shouldnt have drawn the comparison then.Which you clearly did.Of course we shouldnt allow "those people" to eat humans,rape,or have sex with children.But what does that have to do with "those people" that have abortions?

Blessings

Dallas

Tau

The thing with that is that there is an element of common morality. Stop 10 people..100 people, even 1000 people and I bet you'd be hard pressed to find someone who thinks rape, eating people or having sex with children is morally acceptable. Stop the same number and ask about abortion, and you will find a much greater proportion that would consider abortion morally acceptable, albeit under varying circumstances.

I do not concur, I do not think the majority of people on Earth agree with elective abortion in principle.

misanthropic_clown

I do not concur, I do not think the majority of people on Earth agree with elective abortion in principle.

I never said a majority, I merely stated there was sufficient force to exert enough pressure to reform the law in the states that allow abortion. That is self evident from the fact that certain abortions are legal in certain places. I never made any claims on a global scale.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I am completely against abortion.

I don't want to argue about it though... So don't even try to argue with me, because I don't want to. Just saying where I stand on the issue.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It's an excellent way to divert the discussion. Nonetheless, I completely agree with you. Which is why I highly consider people adopt, including us.

On another note, it's dangerous in my opinion to assume one knows the quality of life most would end up living. You know how many people wouldn't have been born with that reasoning?

Im not diverting..It was a train of thought I had.

And I'm not "assuming" future quality of life for anyone..Im talkign about children needing families now that clearly have a poor quality of life ..That the ones runnign around sayign they would "gladly adopt" to prevent abortion should go out and help a child now that is sufferign already and needs a loving home where they are wanted instead of harping on women who abort.Im saying if yu love children that much "prove it"..instead of spending your energy passign judment on others..

I myself have considered possibly adopting later in life..An older child that has been here and has no one to really love them.That to me makes a hell of a lot more sense and seems a lot more productive than calling a woman who has had an aboriotn a baby killer..an dhow willing you would have been to adopt her baby.

Thats all I meant..and it wasnt to divert or change the subject.

Blessings

Dallas

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
Hey, I said no posts without me, jerks. Kidding. ANyway to address some of the things brought up. Like I have said before. You cannot be personally pro life and socially pro choice. There is no middle ground. Pro life means you don't want abortion at any time, date or place, regardless of the consequences. You cannot be personal something and socially for it. It, in this case, does not work that way.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Abortion
http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_poll2.htm
US public opinion polls on abortion: 2001
U.S. public opinion polls on abortion: 2002
U.S. public opinion polls on abortion: 2003
U.S. public opinion polls on abortion: Year 2004
U.S. public opinion polls on abortion: Year 2005

Canadian and British public opinion polls on abortion access

There is an important distinction between how Americans answer broad questions about outlawing abortion and how they answer more specific questions about limiting abortion.
When asked in the most general terms whether abortion laws should be stricter, many do not want the laws to be stricter.
Yet, when they are asked whether abortion should be legal in all cases, most cases, only a few cases, or no cases, more than half choose one of the latter two categories.
Abortion

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
Again guys, please stay on topic. I'm not debating the morality of abortion here (I think tha's been done to death on RF) just the difference in title between pro life and pro choice.

Tau

I never said a majority, I merely stated there was sufficient force to exert enough pressure to reform the law in the states that allow abortion. That is self evident from the fact that certain abortions are legal in certain places. I never made any claims on a global scale.

I think you said 'majority' in that older post at some point...but what the hell.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well I'm outta here folks. I've got a full night ahead of me - I've had my abortion already but I still need to eat some human flesh, kill some Jews, rape some kids, do a bit of drunk driving and rob a few banks.

BLAHHH!!! Can I come with you Im hungry ,horny ,broke ,and the Jews are filthy pigs that need to die once and for all!!!..Not to mention I need a drink!

Tee hee!

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yes, please do come with me. :yes:

O.K..and hopefully you and I can also get pregnant tonight (on purpose) and later we can go have an abortion together.. :)...I cant wait!..I knew I would find someone just like me to be friends with if I just waited long enough.Look at all we have in common!

Love(your twinkie)

Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.