• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm against abortion myself, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan1

I'm not debating the morality of abortion. Please keep on topic. Read the OP in order to respond. I don't think being pro-choice means pro-abortion, but my point is, if you support otehrs people's right to choose to terminate a pregnancy, you are pro choice.

I guess I can't really argue with you on that point. I would be pro-choice.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
lets consider the options

woman wants baby dad doesn't: dad gets screwed
dad wants baby woman doesn't: dad gets screwed
woman doesn't want baby but dad does and no abortion: dad gets custedy over the baby but if the mother ever wants it back dads screwed
dad doesn't want baby but woman does and no abortion: dad still has to pay alemony, if he ever want to see his child again hes screwed

the dad pretty much always gets screwed in this systeem

No women should be required as well to pay child support..And I believe our current system is starting to enforce this more and more.

Also if dad is raising the baby (has full custody) and she walks away and is not involved in the childs life for any significant amount of time(abandonment) she should then not ever have the right to take the child "away" from the father. Only visitation rights.And depending on the childs age as well I think they should get a say so in it as well.(wether they want her in thier life)..

Blessings

Dallas

SoyLeche

meh...
I guess I can't really argue with you on that point. I would be pro-choice.
No - remember. We are calling them what they are instead. You are "Pro-allow-abortion". If we can just get this to catch on a lot of confusion will be avoided.

Since screwing was what got them into the mess though, I don't mind them getting screwed at the back end.

ye cause woman never dress sexy or tempt man with sex but your right i should change screwed in o wait i mean unfair treated ye treated :p

Evelyn

No - remember. We are calling them what they are instead. You are "Pro-allow-abortion". If we can just get this to catch on a lot of confusion will be avoided.
If we clarify things, there will be nothing to talk about. :D

That's quote worthy.

Ah, new signature.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
ye cause woman never dress sexy or tempt man with sex but your right i should change screwed in o wait i mean unfair treated ye treated :p

Well technically they both "screwed" to get in the "mess'.Sex isnt only for the mans enjoyment or pleasure you know?...Even though when I was younger It really was mostly for the man.But still..

Blessings

Dallas

SoyLeche

meh...
She's pretty well screwed in this whole situation too. My "them" in my post referred to both the mother and the father, not just the father.

You still haven't clarified which scenario you are talking about.

No women should be required as well to pay child support..And I believe our current system is starting to enforce this more and more.

Also if dad is raising the baby (has full custody) and she walks away and is not involved in the childs life for any significant amount of time(abandonment) she should then not ever have the right to take the child "away" from the father. Only visitation rights.And depending on the childs age as well I think they should get a say so in it as well.(wether they want her in thier life)..

ye they should but in reality it almost never happens, luckly your right about there increase of enforcing it

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I'm reminded of a discussion about the term "bisexual" in another thread yesterday. I was on the opposite side of that argument, but it was about labelling. Why do I have to be "pro-choice" or "pro-life"? There is a middle ground despite what you think, Rheff. For instance, I can think that in most cases, abortion is wrong, but there are circumstances when it is right, like after a rape or whatever. Everything in life doesn't fit into nice, neat categories all the time. People can be against abortion, but not actively try to stop others from doing it. That doesn't mean they support it, they just don't vehemently oppose it.

SoyLeche

meh...
People can be against abortion, but not actively try to stop others from doing it. That doesn't mean they support it, they just don't vehemently oppose it.
Which is pretty much his entire point. These people are pro-choice, or, in the better system, pro-allow-abortion.

middleclass father middleclass mother
both round age 40
6 months dating/1 year marryed

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I personally do not believe in abortion. I will not and do not judge anyone that has had an abortion.....just doesn't mean I condone it.

I will keep you in my prayers

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
That's the thing. I wouldn't classify them as pro-choice. I wouldn't even classify them as pro-allow-abortion.

But they are. That's the thing. YOu eitehr are or you aren't . Even if MOST of the time they don't want abortion, that one time would make them pro choice.

SoyLeche

meh...
middleclass father middleclass mother
both round age 40
6 months dating/1 year marryed
No - I mean, do you want an analysis on the current system, the one I have described (which requires the consent of both parents before having an abortion), or some other system that you have in your head?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
That's the thing. I wouldn't classify them as pro-choice. I wouldn't even classify them as pro-allow-abortion.

But see in order to not be "pro-allow" or "pro choice" you have to prove it by the way you vote and apparently call women who do it murderers baby killers and cirminals.

See you cant just sit back and "allow" it without kicking and sceaming a little or a lot.

Blessings

Dallas

SoyLeche

meh...
But see in order to not be "pro-allow" or "pro choice" you have to prove it by the way you vote and apparently call women who do it murderers baby killers and cirminals.

See you cant just sit back and "allow" it without kicking and sceaming a little or a lot.

Blessings

Dallas
If you are okay with 'allow'ing it, you are "pro-allow". It's not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.