• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a Noahide

Tumah

Veteran Member
Therefore? You are presuming that one needs the Talmud, in order to know what that would /likely mean. What an arbitrary argument.
I'm not sure why you would call that arbitrary. You've just agreed that the Noahide Laws are not found in the Torah. So without the Talmud to tell you what the Laws are, how would you know what is expected of you under the covenant?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I'm not sure why you would call that arbitrary. You've just agreed that the Noahide Laws are not found in the Torah. So without the Talmud to tell you what the Laws are, how would you know what is expected of you under the covenant?
I'm just going to start a new thread in the general religious DIR.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Ok, I watched a video today of Rebbe Lubavitcher's 80th birthday. Pre-Passover Farbrengen - A 1982 Satellite Feed of a Gathering with the Rebbe, of righteous memory

Apart from not being Jewish, I agreed with practically everything he had to say about the responsibilities to God for this life we live, I felt one with the spirit of the celebration of birthday/passover theme. During his address, he mentioned the seven Noahide Commandments concerning which I was curious to find as to where I as a gentile stood.

A search of such reveals many result so I took the first one...
  1. Do Not Deny God
  2. Do Not Blaspheme God
  3. Do Not Murder
  4. Do Not Engage in Incestuous, Adulterous or Homosexual Relationships.
  5. Do Not Steal
  6. Do Not Eat of a Live Animal
  7. Establish Courts/Legal System to Ensure Law Obedience
The Seven Noachide Laws

Based on that, and acceptance of the honesty of my position, am I a Noahide?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
^^ Thank you Tumah for your informative linked post, I see the subject is more complicated than I had imagined. In any event, at the end of the day it is God who calls the shots, so all will be revealed in due course.