• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a Hindu that believes in Jesus

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I've never been a reader, and I've been my own censor for a very long time now. I don't like nightmares or unnecessary thinking. For information to get along with others like the stories and articles in Hinduism Today, sure, or the necessary parts of the news, fine.
I tend to be insanely curious and never really "intimidated" by any book, despite being a rather luke warm reader myself. Hell I read things like Lolita and Hunchback of Notre Dame simply because I wanted to know more about the pop culture references about them.
Never understood the self censor thing myself. Unnecessary thinking is important and part of our world. I want to know all facets, I want to explore the possibilities and I want to seek knowledge. One can't do that if one closes off oneself off to particular sections.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Complication is very much a part of the Karma that many of us inherit, @Vinayaka .

It is ours to learn to deal with it.
Indeed. We can choose to make it even more complicated, or we can choose to simplify it, for the future karma for another lifetime. Karma, or previous actions, come at the pace we're capable of handling.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I tend to be insanely curious and never really "intimidated" by any book, despite being a rather luke warm reader myself. Hell I read things like Lolita and Hunchback of Notre Dame simply because I wanted to know more about the pop culture references about them.
Never understood the self censor thing myself. Unnecessary thinking is important and part of our world. I want to know all facets, I want to explore the possibilities and I want to seek knowledge. One can't do that if one closes off oneself off to particular sections.

Oh, I'm not intimidated. I just make wise choices. It's like being in India and crossing the road. There is a wise way, and a very stupid way.

The mystic yogi explores within. Far more interesting than books. But there's a place for scholars too.

It's not about closing off, its about having already explored and decided what is or isn't suitable to the dharmic path. That constant seeking is over on this side.

pearl

If Christians could get out of their own 'box' they would greatly benefit from Eastern meditation. Jesus and the Mahatma had a lot in common, non violent civil disobedience. I'm sure when the Gospels allude to Jesus going off by himself to pray for hours, it was not verbal prayer of petitions, but communing with his God in silence. Anyone familiar with Anthony de Mello? He was an Indian priest, a retreat master. I have some of his exercises, they bring such a state of peace. My favorite is 'Sadhana', a way to God.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, I'm not intimidated. I just make wise choices. It's like being in India and crossing the road. There is a wise way, and a very stupid way.

The mystic yogi explores within. Far more interesting than books. But there's a place for scholars too.

It's not about closing off, its about having already explored and decided what is or isn't suitable to the dharmic path. That constant seeking is over on this side.
The stupid way can be rather illuminating I find.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
how can Jesus be fit into Hinduism?
Yeshua was an Avatar of Shiva, who came into the world to challenge the sacrificial system (Raktabīja), within the battle he is killed, and to help remove all the workers of iniquity that would drink blood, Kali consumes them all.

Kali Yuga is the current age, that is to be removed by force; where all those who'd drink the blood of the divine are to be removed. :innocent:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
If we sweep away man made dogmas and rituals we will find that all the religions are one in essence and teach the same truths.
That's very untrue, left hand path religions are diametrically opposed to right hand path religions. They do not teach the same truths.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
That's very untrue, left hand path religions are diametrically opposed to right hand path religions. They do not teach the same truths.

I'm referring to the major religions. I don't know what you are referring to. For example. Christ taught love and Buddha taught mindfulness. Where's the contradiction? Zoroaster teaches 'good thoughts, good words and good deeds' how does that contradict or is in opposition to love and mindfulness.

All the Teachers of the major religions taught virtues and spiritual qualities. Since when does one heavenly quality oppose another heavenly quality? And Baha'u'llah teaches to love all mankind. How does that conflict with with Jesus teaching to love one another?

The social laws were different for each age and people but the spiritual laws of all religions are in agreement with each other. They all teach to do good and so there is a golden thread that runs through them all and we believe in essence they are one and united.

Last edited:

Reggie Miller

Jesus is the son of God, I think he can do whatever the hell he likes and doesn't belong to only one group. Anyone can and should be able to follow him. Humans created religious walls, not God.
Also Hindus can be rather liberal with their own scripture, what makes you think they wouldn't take the same approach with the Bible? Scriptures are but mere guidelines, we have to think for ourselves however.

I think you're wrong.

Reggie Miller

If we were to abstain from blood we'd all be eating halal meat and remember Catholicism and Orthodoxy idolise Jesus

That is one of the most stupid replies I've ever seen on here.

If we all were here, we wouldn't be over there.

Saying such a silly thing is pointless.

Tabu

Congratulations and that is awesome! We Baha'is believe that throughout history God has sent different Messengers to different people to teach them wisdom and truth. So all of them are true but each age has its own Educator.

At one time it was Krishna, at another Buddha then Moses, Christ, Zoroaster, Muhammad, the Bab and for our age Baha'u'llah.

There is only one sun. And if we say it is the only sun then that is true. But with regards to time, if we call it the sun of Monday or Wednesday or the sun of Friday then that also is true.

All God's Prophets are like the sun which rises each day and is the same sun but known by a different name. Once it was the sun of truth called Krishna, another time Jesus and now the sun of Baha'u'llah has risen but it is the same sun just a different day.
@ronki23
Good explanation ,
But we (BKs) see , God as the only Sun ,and all the rest are moons which appear during the night illuminating different skies.
Complete initially and wane later on till there is darkness ,
a new illuminated moon could set in, in a new geographic location , which could spread its light all over.
So if one is in a location where there are remnants of this light , the candle within would automatically get lit, would acknowledge its truthfulness ,
because the lover within ( the soul) , is in constant search of its beloved ( Supreme soul) , and could easily fall in love with any of its reflections.
Finally when there is the dawn of daylight , all the wanderings of devotion ends.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
@ronki23
Good explanation ,
But we (BKs) see , God as the only Son ,and all the rest are moons which appear during the night illuminating different skies.
Complete initially and wane later on till there is darkness ,
a new illuminated moon could set in, in a new geographic location , which could spread its light all over.
So if one is in a location where there are remnants of this light , the candle within would automatically get lit, would acknowledge its truthfulness ,
because the lover within ( the soul) , is in constant search of its beloved ( Supreme soul) , and could easily fall in love with any of its reflections.
Finally when there is the dawn of daylight , all the wanderings of devotion ends.

That's a very nice explanation. God is the sun and His Manifestations are the Moons which reflect His Light. I really like that. Thank you very much!

Reggie Miller

If Christians could get out of their own 'box' they would greatly benefit from Eastern meditation. Jesus and the Mahatma had a lot in common, non violent civil disobedience. I'm sure when the Gospels allude to Jesus going off by himself to pray for hours, it was not verbal prayer of petitions, but communing with his God in silence. Anyone familiar with Anthony de Mello? He was an Indian priest, a retreat master. I have some of his exercises, they bring such a state of peace. My favorite is 'Sadhana', a way to God.

They also had too much not in common. Jesus is the Son of God, risen from the dead. Mahatma was just a man who was an unbeliever.

Those huge differences cannot be overcome by your Hindu principles.

Kirran

Premium Member
They also had too much not in common. Jesus is the Son of God, risen from the dead. Mahatma was just a man who was an unbeliever.

Those huge differences cannot be overcome by your Hindu principles.

But the view of Jesus from a Hindu perspective can be different. So Jesus, as seen from that perspective, can certainly fit into Hindu understandings.

Reggie Miller

But the view of Jesus from a Hindu perspective can be different. So Jesus, as seen from that perspective, can certainly fit into Hindu understandings.

My point is that Biblical Christianity cannot be "fit" into anything. If you see Jesus from your perspective you are not a Christian. You have taken Him out of the Bible and adapted him to your own preferences. A Christian is not permitted to do that.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I'm referring to the major religions. I don't know what you are referring to. For example. Christ taught love and Buddha taught mindfulness. Where's the contradiction? Zoroaster teaches 'good thoughts, good words and good deeds' how does that contradict or is in opposition to love and mindfulness.

All the Teachers of the major religions taught virtues and spiritual qualities. Since when does one heavenly quality oppose another heavenly quality? And Baha'u'llah teaches to love all mankind. How does that conflict with with Jesus teaching to love one another?

The social laws were different for each age and people but the spiritual laws of all religions are in agreement with each other. They all teach to do good and so there is a golden thread that runs through them all and we believe in essence they are one and united.
That's not what you first implied, you said 'all's religions. That aside, all you did was cherry-pick an attribute and find the common denominator in your other 'major'religions.

Once one gets past the fluffy love stuff, one finds these religions to be very different in many ways and incompatible particularly with 'non-major' religions, and even more so with those of the left hand path.

Kirran

Premium Member
My point is that Biblical Christianity cannot be "fit" into anything. If you see Jesus from your perspective you are not a Christian. You have taken Him out of the Bible and adapted him to your own preferences. A Christian is not permitted to do that.

Christians vary widely in their perspectives, on this and many other matters.

Jumi

I don't think they are saying they are Christians or trying to become Christians.