• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a Hindu that believes in Jesus

ronki23

how can Jesus be fit into Hinduism? I assume there are many more Hindus like me.

I believe in Jesus from growing up in the UK and going to a C of E school although I think Orthodoxy is the 'true' Christianity and Catholics and Protestants are divergent movements.

What do you call it when someone from one religion picks up the belief in another. Religion is indeed linked to geography

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
how can Jesus be fit into Hinduism? I assume there are many more Hindus like me.

I believe in Jesus from growing up in the UK and going to a C of E school although I think Orthodoxy is the 'true' Christianity and Catholics and Protestants are divergent movements.

What do you call it when someone from one religion picks up the belief in another. Religion is indeed linked to geography

Congratulations and that is awesome! We Baha'is believe that throughout history God has sent different Messengers to different people to teach them wisdom and truth. So all of them are true but each age has its own Educator.

At one time it was Krishna, at another Buddha then Moses, Christ, Zoroaster, Muhammad, the Bab and for our age Baha'u'llah.

There is only one sun. And if we say it is the only sun then that is true. But with regards to time, if we call it the sun of Monday or Wednesday or the sun of Friday then that also is true.

All God's Prophets are like the sun which rises each day and is the same sun but known by a different name. Once it was the sun of truth called Krishna, another time Jesus and now the sun of Baha'u'llah has risen but it is the same sun just a different day.

Reggie Miller

What do you believe about Jesus? Who is he to you?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If you believe Jesus is the Son of God, that's the main thing. Then Paul argued and won that the bar should be lowered for newcomers. The main thing Paul told people to stop doing was to stop worshipping Idols and other Gods. Peter added a few other things as recommended to do.

Acts 15:29 The Letter to the Gentile Believers
…It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond these essential requirements: You must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals,and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.”

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Jesus can fit into Hinduism if you want him to. Ehh.

ronki23

I believe Jesus was a holy man who guided people on the best way that one should live life if he/she were to enter heaven although I struggle to link Adam and Eve's story to Hinduism as it means all people before Jesus were sinners destined to hell which would mean Rama and Krishna offered no redeeming qualities except the fact they destroyed evil. I believe Jesus was more appropriate to those in the Middle East

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Whenever this happens, I wonder why. What's wrong with Hinduism that you need more? Isn't it complete unto itself? Some people would certainly say that its already complicated or complex enough without drawing from another paradigm.

You see this in the west mostly, and in places in India where Christianity has a history of infiltration, proseletysing. Not very common in traditional circles.

Still it does speak to the breadth of the Hindu faith.

ronki23

If you believe Jesus is the Son of God, that's the main thing. Then Paul argued and won that the bar should be lowered for newcomers. The main thing Paul told people to stop doing was to stop worshipping Idols and other Gods. Peter added a few other things as recommended to do.

Acts 15:29 The Letter to the Gentile Believers
…It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond these essential requirements: You must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals,and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.”

They are incompatible . . . or so the Christians say so
Hinduism - “Satanic to its core”

Jesus isn't a pair of pants. Reread John 3.

If we were to abstain from blood we'd all be eating halal meat and remember Catholicism and Orthodoxy idolise Jesus

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If we sweep away man made dogmas and rituals we will find that all the religions are one in essence and teach the same truths.

It is about the Bible not man made rituals. The first commandment says no gods before him. (If jesus is god) Many hindu's believe in god whether and more than one not just one (like jesus to christians) manifestations of that one god. They also don't have the same outlook as christians of what and/or who a god is. It's like mixing oil and water.

@ronki23

In my opinion, it depends on how you see jesus and hindu gods. If you view jesus as gods and hindu gods as real gods, then they will conflict. Of course, there is no bar stopping you from doing both. I'm only familiar with protestant and Roman Catholic, but they are very against mixing two religions together.

Take away the dogma and see what god/entity says from the bible, it's the same thing the othorodox church says. Even without the Church (Othorodox) its still the same, one god.

What you can do is see jesus as divine not god. You'd have to define god differently. Christianity is more strict than Hindu, as so Im told. But if jesus is god and god is an entity and wants no other gods before him, I don't know if the match would work.

No one is going to come out from the sky and punish you, though. Go whats in your heart not with what other people say about it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In my opinion, it depends on how you see jesus and hindu gods. If you view jesus as gods and hindu gods as real gods, then they will conflict. Of course, there is no bar stopping you from doing both. I'm only familiar with protestant and Roman Catholic, but they are very against mixing two religions together.

Take away the dogma and see what god/entity says from the bible, it's the same thing the othorodox church says. Even without the Church (Othorodox) its still the same, one god.

What you can do is see jesus as divine not god. You'd have to define god differently. Christianity is more strict than Hindu, as so Im told. But if jesus is god and god is an entity and wants no other gods before him, I don't know if the match would work.

No one is going to come out from the sky and punish you, though. Go whats in your heart not with what other people say about it.

LOL, that all just sounds like way too much thinking. You have to work out all the contradictions to move on. It's easier IMHO, to stick to one path.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Hey, who would have thought, you and I on the same page!!

Religious beliefs can have commonalities in certain areas, but there are plenty of core beliefs in some religions that are distinct, and not transportable. Always seemed dismissive to me when people argued otherwise.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus is the son of God, I think he can do whatever the hell he likes and doesn't belong to only one group. Anyone can and should be able to follow him. Humans created religious walls, not God.
Also Hindus can be rather liberal with their own scripture, what makes you think they wouldn't take the same approach with the Bible? Scriptures are but mere guidelines, we have to think for ourselves however.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Whenever this happens, I wonder why. What's wrong with Hinduism that you need more? Isn't it complete unto itself? Some people would certainly say that its already complicated or complex enough without drawing from another paradigm.

You see this in the west mostly, and in places in India where Christianity has a history of infiltration, proseletysing. Not very common in traditional circles.

Still it does speak to the breadth of the Hindu faith.
Just because the "search for Truth" takes one outside of their own faith (including Hinduism) doesn't mean that there's anything "wrong" with said faith. It just means that they are personally attracted to something outside of their paradigm. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Some people are highly curious or adventurous and seek something outside of their comfort zone.
If one goes by the (Hindu) notion that God speaks to people individually by appearing to them in a form that is appealing to their personal tastes, then it's really only a matter of time before cross pollination occurs. Especially in today's age of fast world travel and higher levels of multiculturalism occurring.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If we were to abstain from blood we'd all be eating halal meat and remember Catholicism and Orthodoxy idolise Jesus
I believe it means abstain from drinking blood, particularly the life blood of the animal. I wouldn't make any idols even if Catholics do or anyone else.

Genesis 9:4 "But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.

Most meat they let enough blood drain out that it wouldn't be considered having the lifeblood still in it. imo

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Just because the "search for Truth" takes one outside of their own faith (including Hinduism) doesn't mean that there's anything "wrong" with said faith. It just means that they are personally attracted to something outside of their paradigm. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Some people are highly curious or adventurous and seek something outside of their comfort zone.
If one goes by the (Hindu) notion that God speaks to people individually by appearing to them in a form that is appealing to their personal tastes, then it's really only a matter of time before cross pollination occurs. Especially in today's age of fast world travel and higher levels of multiculturalism occurring.

It's a free world, and people are free to do whatever they wish. I just find it odd. I love my Christian brothers and sisters, but we don't generally discuss religion either. Just as they don't believe in Ganesha, karma, reincarnation, moksha, I personally don't believe in Jesus, heaven, hell, a dualistic God.

I've seen first hand a lot of the cross pollination you refer to, and sad to say, it's been in divorces, arguments how to raise children, disharmony in families, and more. Not everyone is mature enough to handle and sort out all the conflicts that inevitably come up.