• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Illegal Immigrants?

Rio Sabinas

Old Geezer
justbehappy,
Spoken like a true politician (I'll have to study the problem.)
Hey! I couldn't let the chance go by to tease you! :D

I guess I'll have to call you "Govenor Happy" from now on. :bow:

As your political partner, (just appointed myself Lt. Govenor) I would suggest the following be done at the same time:
1. Seal the Border (Arizona National Guard excercises could do much in that regard)
2. Increase Immigration quotas (those applicants waiting the longest come first)
3. Those in the state illegaly be given a path to citizenship. (have to work out the details)
4. Expand the Guest Worker program quotas.

Yes I know that it's the Govt.'s job, but they've been sitting on their dead ***'s for decades on this issue. The "status quo" ain't workin'.
I think that's my 2 cents worth. ;)

Rio Sabinas

Old Geezer
Dear Govenor Happy,

5 Whites in one truck, 5 Hispanics in another......
As a Police Officer, I wouldn't pull either vehicle over unless they were doing something wrong.

Yours truly,
Lt Govenor Rio :)

justbehappy

justbehappy,
Spoken like a true politician (I'll have to study the problem.)
Hey! I couldn't let the chance go by to tease you! :D

I guess I'll have to call you "Govenor Happy" from now on. :bow:

As your political partner, (just appointed myself Lt. Govenor) I would suggest the following be done at the same time:
1. Seal the Border (Arizona National Guard excercises could do much in that regard)
2. Increase Immigration quotas (those applicants waiting the longest come first)
3. Those in the state illegaly be given a path to citizenship. (have to work out the details)
4. Expand the Guest Worker program quotas.

Yes I know that it's the Govt.'s job, but they've been sitting on their dead ***'s for decades on this issue. The "status quo" ain't workin'.
I think that's my 2 cents worth. ;)

That honestly sounds perfect. The reason I didn't want to put my own two cents in it because I don't know exactly what certain things are called and how the federal ties into play with it (what it requires, forbades, etc.)

justbehappy

Dear Govenor Happy,

5 Whites in one truck, 5 Hispanics in another......
As a Police Officer, I wouldn't pull either vehicle over unless they were doing something wrong.

Yours truly,
Lt Govenor Rio :)

You are thankfully one of many people that doesn't judge by race, but unfortunately not everyone is like you ;)

justbehappy

I just think that they should apply legally

And you don't think they would it they could? Why would people want to be illegal, constantly fearing that at any time they could tossed back to where they came from? The disadvantages of being here illegal far outweigh the advantages.

Rio Sabinas

Old Geezer
Klaufi,
I'd like to see everyone apply legally also.
The biggest problem with that is that it takes too long on the waiting list in many cases.
If I were a Mexican needing to provide for my family "NOW", I wouldn't be willing to wait
very long.

The reason they need to come to America to get work?....You'll have to consult the Mexican
Government about that issue.

Believer415

Wow, tell that to the native Americans when they saw white people coming onto there land, they didn't ask for a green card, instead they got shot if they disobeyed or didn't give up there land. So in reality, we live on stolen ground, we're all immigrants.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Wow, tell that to the native Americans when they saw white people coming onto there land, they didn't ask for a green card, instead they got shot if they disobeyed or didn't give up there land. So in reality, we live on stolen ground, we're all immigrants.
Like this?

Attachments

• LittleAnchor.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 102