• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you put your religious book away for a moment.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes i believe your understanding of what i said is correct. But again if others wish to say other than i do its ok.

Of course it's okay. Nothing wrong with opinions. Unless stated as fact, its implied that people can always disagree.

I really just wanted to know why the redundancy. Nothing more than that.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Of course it's okay. Nothing wrong with opinions. Unless stated as fact, its implied that people can always disagree.

I really just wanted to know why the redundancy. Nothing more than that.
So that one do not clame that once own words are Gods words, But only our own understanding of what God actually said. That is why i am very careful when i speak of what God say or has said. Because my understanding may not reflect the deepest truth of Gods words

nPeace

Veteran Member
I know a few JW in norway personally:) not the JW in RF
I forgot I was to respond to this.
The same day I read JWs daily text.
It says in part...
A traveling overseer in Norway says that people who are not inclined to talk about God are often willing to talk about world conditions. After greeting people, he says: “What do you think about our prospects for a better future? Does our best hope lie with politicians, scientists, or someone else?” After listening carefully, he reads or quotes a scripture that points to a bright future. Source

Notice, it says, reads, or quotes.
This apparently is because, in Norway, most people might not be as opened to the Bible, as in other places.
In some lands, we often ask people to get their Bible, and allow us to share with them a text.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I forgot I was to respond to this.
The same day I read JWs daily text.
It says in part...
A traveling overseer in Norway says that people who are not inclined to talk about God are often willing to talk about world conditions. After greeting people, he says: “What do you think about our prospects for a better future? Does our best hope lie with politicians, scientists, or someone else?” After listening carefully, he reads or quotes a scripture that points to a bright future. Source

Notice, it says, reads, or quotes.
This apparently is because, in Norway, most people might not be as opened to the Bible, as in other places.
In some lands, we often ask people to get their Bible, and allow us to share with them a text.
Unfortunatly Norway has become one of the most atheistic countries in the world.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Don't forget... in your opinion. ;)
Atheist would tell you, it's good that people are coming out of the dark ages... or Bronze Age. ;)
I have nothing against atheists, and of course they are free to speak up for what they stand for. mostly science i would think.
The hope would be that one could live together in harmony no matter who or what we believe to be true.

Viker

Häxan
Outside of notes taken, written discoveries, experiences, experiments, prayers and ritual methodology I have no "holy" book(-s). What you would get in any response is what comes from experience, knowledge and definitely from my heart and soul. It may not be much at times, but it is what it is.