• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you had the greatest mind (intellect) and the biggest heart (love) and had to offer one .........

BornInvincible7

If you had the greatest mind (intellect) and the biggest heart (love) and had to offer one to save humanity which would it be?

And why?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Heart.
Humankind is human because of our many faceted emotions, love being the most
noble.
A supercomputer might have the greatest intellect ever one day but I doubt it would
ever have heart.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If you had the greatest mind (intellect) and the biggest heart (love) and had to offer one to save humanity which would it be?

And why?
Well, the brain/mind is the central unit of everything even what emotions, gut feelings, perspectives, we call "heart" all come from and controled by the mind. So, Id say mind. When the mind is not cluttered with junk, it is simple. The mind is the functioning of the heart when there is balance between the source (or brain) and what it serves (our body and our heart)

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The world is in a mess as everyone is wandering around, seeking, wanting and trying to get love....

'Wisdom is the key; unconditional love is the answer'.

We need wisdom to fix a lot of our current problems, we need people waking up and seeing what is taking place.... This takes people becoming conscious.

When people are wiser, they become more unconditionally loving; than just giving out love, as it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy. :innocent:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

And why?
Peace be on you...We should use both to save humanity. If we literally give any of these two things, we shall be left without one and being part of humanity, we shall be hurting more our human group....Thus better use both these things to save humanity.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

And why?
I'd go with door #1, Alex. Without intelligence, "heart" is of little value. Likewise, emotion can rule the head, and most of us acknowledge how well that works most of the time.

So, in what may be a first on RF, I agree with DawudTalut.
We should use both to save humanity. If we literally give any of these two things, we shall be left without one and being part of humanity, we shall be hurting more our human group....Thus better use both these things to save humanity.
Though, I'm not convinced that humanity is in need of saving.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

And why?

Wht do you mean with "if I had"?

Kidding, of course. I would use my mind, obviously. Hearts just pump blood nd love is a mental process, anyway.

Ciao

- viole

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
How could one have one without the other? Someone who lacks empathy does not have the greatest intellect, as someone who is just as good at equations but is also good at dealing with people certainly has a more effective mind. These aren't true opposites, or even true equivalents.