• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you didn't believe in your religion, what other religion/religious beliefs would you have held?

muslim-

If you didn't believe in your religion, or say it didn't exist. What other religion would you have followed or what would your religious beliefs be?

As for myself, I firmly believe in Islam. But since the question is hypothetical I think id probably would have been a very liberal agnostic.. and MAYBE (probably not) atheist.

Liberal because.. well.. nothing would motivate me to be otherwise. Id see it as "free thinking".

Agnostic because I think it would be essential to explain existence, given that it did have a beginning.

Probably not an atheist, but if I did accept atheism, it would be because of my inability to explain horrible things happening in this world while God exists.

The only thing that would deter me from atheism might be religious people trying to explain the concept of God in various ways, which could lead me to accepting the idea of God, but id probably not accept their doctrines or scriptures and see them as man-made. Which is why I think id have probably been a liberal agnostic.

What about you?

I would be a very liberal Baha'i, or a Unitarian Universalist.

Heck, let's mash them up together: Unitarian Universalist Baha'i Faith, or being a UU Baha'i! Too bad my local Unitarian Universalist church is full of white elderly people, and I stick out like a purple pig in a poke!