• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you didn't believe in the paranormal.What made you think it was real?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
If you didn't believe in the paranormal.What made you think it was real?:)

What finally convinced me that the paranormal is real was a combination of two factors: first, my personal experiences with it as a medium and as a paranormal investigator; and second, reviewing evidence documented by other amateur paranormal investigators whom I either know in real life or met out in the field, as well as professional paranormal investigation teams. My personal favorites have always been the Ghost Adventures Crew (Zak, Aaron, Billy, and Jay) and Jason Hawes and Steve Gonsalves of Ghost Hunters.

wellwisher

There is a potential energy source for the paranormal. This is connected to entropy. The term entropy was first coined in the 1800's during the development of steam engines. What they found was there was always missing energy that could not be explained based on work and energy balances. This missing energy was accepted as observational fact and called entropy S, to complete the calculations; quantitatively.

Entropy is now connected to the second law of thermodynamics. It is one of the few laws of science. It has higher status than even evolution, since it is more fundamental. The second law states that the entropy of the universe has to increase. Conceptually, this means the universe is continually losing energy of over time; lost universal energy increases with time. The universe is bleeding energy; lost energy.

The first law states, that energy cannot be created or destroyed. Rather it can only change form. The first law and the second law, together, suggests that the lost energy of the universe, due to the entropy increase of the universes, is not destroyed but should be conserved, but in a way that is not fully accessible by the universe. It may be stored in another plane or dimension of the universe with a membrane between. This missing and growing energy pool would be a potential source for the paranormal.

Although the entropy of the entire universe has to increase, it is possible to lower entropy and retrieve entropic energy, on the smaller scale, as long as the total entropy increases. Water that freezes to ice each winter lowers entropy and gives off entropic energy. Paranormal could be natural pockets where entropy fluctuates, locally, releasing and then absorbing energy; flashes and cold spots.

One thing that is very interesting is life and the brain generate a lot of entropy increase. Conceptually, life and consciousness adds to the entropic energy pool. This energy should also be conserved by the universe within the lost energy pool. The ancients called this the eternal soul. When neurons fire they increase entropy and absorb energy, as memory is generated. This adds informational content to the lost energy pool. The pool may be, in part, connected to an informational type of energy; ghosts of the former living, plus that which came from the inanimate universe as the universe evolves. This raises some very interesting scenarios.

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
What finally convinced me that the paranormal is real was a combination of two factors: first, my personal experiences with it as a medium and as a paranormal investigator; and second, reviewing evidence documented by other amateur paranormal investigators whom I either know in real life or met out in the field, as well as professional paranormal investigation teams. My personal favorites have always been the Ghost Adventures Crew (Zak, Aaron, Billy, and Jay) and Jason Hawes and Steve Gonsalves of Ghost Hunters.
Hey Sgt. Pepper, hope you are doing well.

Have you ever heard of Dr. Barry Taff?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Hey Sgt. Pepper, hope you are doing well.

I'm doing well. Thank you for asking.

Have you ever heard of Dr. Barry Taff?

Yes, and I'm familiar with his contributions to paranormal research. I've listened to him on Coast to Coast AM, but I haven't read his latest book yet. The Doris Bither case, which Dr. Taff investigated in 1974, was the inspiration for the novel and the movie "The Entity."

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The Doris Bither case, which Dr. Taff investigated in 1974, was the inspiration for the novel and the movie "The Entity."

Yes, that poor woman experienced too much!
Her children were messed up by those happenings, also.

Best wishes.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
If someone don't believe in the paranormal, they would not think it was real, would they?

I've been a paranormal investigator for fifteen years and it has been my experience that most skeptics will typically change their mind about the paranormal not being real after they witness and experience the phenomena firsthand and are unable to debunk what they see with their own eyes and/or see documented on high-tech ghost hunting equipment. And that has been my experience as a medium as well. Over the years, I've met many people who were skeptical of the paranormal, but I have yet to meet someone who remained skeptical of the paranormal after I revealed private information that only this person and their deceased loved one(s) knew.

And over the years, I've met both polite, sincere skeptics and obnoxious, unpleasant hard-core skeptics while I've been investigating a haunted location. It isn't unusual for someone to walk up to me and inquire about what I'm doing. Most people I meet are genuinely intrigued by what I'm doing and are eager to participate in my investigation. But every now and then, I will encounter an obnoxious skeptic who has no interest in what I'm doing. They simply linger to taunt, ridicule, and discredit me in an effort to refute my claims.

However, I will welcome them to take part in my investigation if they agree to be civil and quit being a jerk. I'll answer their questions and explain to them how I conduct an investigation and how my ghost hunting equipment works. I'll even let them handle some of the equipment and encourage them to be actively involved in the investigation. More often than not, one or more of these skeptics will approach me after the investigation is over and tell me that they witnessed some compelling evidence that has caused them to reconsider their disbelief about the paranormal. They express gratitude for letting them take part, despite their negative attitude and rude conduct toward me before I let them participate. As a result of these experiences, I'm now a firm believer in seeing is believing.

Last edited: