• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if we can't determine there is a higher intelligence.....

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Too often we try to define the beliefs of others for them. Atheists tell the Christians why and what we believe and the Christians seem to be no better! Rather than trying to push the "OTHER" guy into some sort of mold, I suggest we try simply to understand just what they believe.

No assumptions.

No judgements.

Just a mutual respect for each other's beliefs.

DoshKel

For me, the thought that God(s) exist but does not interact, or have anything to do with the human race is simply because I believe we will never be able to comprehend such a fantastic figure. In my eyes, a Deity only interacts with those that are on it's level of spiritual significance, and even if it wanted to concern itself with us, our human restrictions could never allow it.

This fact allows us to be conscious of such Deity(s) and gives us the opprotunity to study, think of, and search for a spiritual relationship which in turn gives us ultimate purpose in our life.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
DoshKel said:
For me, the thought that God(s) exist but does not interact, or have anything to do with the human race is simply because I believe we will never be able to comprehend such a fantastic figure. In my eyes, a Deity only interacts with those that are on it's level of spiritual significance, and even if it wanted to concern itself with us, our human restrictions could never allow it.

This fact allows us to be conscious of such Deity(s) and gives us the opprotunity to study, think of, and search for a spiritual relationship which in turn gives us ultimate purpose in our life.

For me, the thought that God(s) exist but does not interact, or have anything to do with the human race is simply because I believe we will never be able to comprehend such a fantastic figure.
Nice one! I think there's also an element of not interacting on God's part, in order to give us rein for "free will choice" (ie its up to us to react to things in life, without being pushed either way).......do you think that might be part of it ? ;)

DoshKel

michel said:
Nice one! I think there's also an element of not interacting on God's part, in order to give us rein for "free will choice" (ie its up to us to react to things in life, without being pushed either way).......do you think that might be part of it ? ;)
Very much so.

Without total dependence on God, we humans are allowed to pick the path that we feel is best for us. It might be towards these religious figures, but it also might be away from them. This, to me, is how we are able to evolve and develope new ideas. Life will never get stale this way in my opinion :).

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
michel said:
Is there something specific that makes you feel that Victor, or any scriptures that point to this ?

I'm not sure I understand the point you are making; would you explain ?
Sorry Michel, I didn't forget about you. I'm planning on starting a thread some time soon on this. PM if I forget. :)

~Victor

Cordoba

NetDoc said:
Too often we try to define the beliefs of others for them. Atheists tell the Christians why and what we believe and the Christians seem to be no better! Rather than trying to push the "OTHER" guy into some sort of mold, I suggest we try simply to understand just what they believe.

No assumptions.

No judgements.

Just a mutual respect for each other's beliefs.
Excellent post, Netdoc.

Totally agree with you.

All the best.