• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If they do this, they'll cheat on you. Jordon Peterson

Choose those that you agree with

• 01: J.Peterson's pointers are useful

• 02: I learned these lesson the hard way

• 03: I like this type of videos

• 04: I don't like this type of videos

• 05: I like J.Peterson

• 06: I don't like J.Peterson

• 07: Sharing 6min video is too long

• 08: Sharing 6min video is okay

Results are only viewable after voting.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If they do this, they'll cheat on you
Jordon Peterson

I liked his explanation why people get cheated on by their friends, and his solution is simple and seems correct to me

01:30-02:48 The gist in these 78sec
a) Afterwards people usually realize "there were all these signs I didn't pay attention to". First sign might be your partner flirts more on a social occasion. You are maybe timid and decide that that's okay.

b) You decide "it's not worth paying attention to"

c) You forego your opportunity to adjust your relationship at micro stages

Just 6min

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
If they do this, they'll cheat on you
Jordon Peterson

I liked his explanation why people get cheated on by their friends, and his solution is simple and seems correct to me...listen to the warning signs, trust your feeling and don't postpone dealing with it...micro management easier than macro management

Just 6min
In my view, posting a video should be accompanied by a summary, in written words, of what point or points is being made that the poster wants to discuss. Not doing so is lazy. It forces the reader to do all the work, without even knowing if the time invested will be worth their while.

I'm not wasting 6 minutes to watch some YouTube video, when I could read a summary of what it says in 30 seconds - if the poster could be bothered to write one.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
In my view, posting a video should be accompanied by a summary, in written words, of what point or points is being made that the poster wants to discuss. Not doing so is lazy. It forces the reader to do all the work, without even knowing if the time invested will be worth their while.

I'm not wasting 6 minutes to watch some YouTube video, when I could read a summary of what it says in 30 seconds - if the poster could be bothered to write one.
Thanks

I will add more info from now on

@exchemist I edited it, and gave the gist of the video more precise this time with exact time interval

Last edited:

Yerda

Veteran Member
Give him his due, he knows a lot about marriage and behaviour within relationships. He's a bit wordy sometimes though.

Pay attention to each other, communicate and work on the issues before they explode in your face is what I got from this. Which seems obvious but we often avoid the difficult or awkward conversations.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Didn't vote, since Other would be more appropriate. Given that such relationships often revolve around how one perceives oneself and others, and as to how accurate such are. With a power relationship often developing because of some perceived or actually differences between people. People who are open and honest and don't have some agenda with regards the other usually fare better than those who might not have such features. Such that reacting often becomes an issue rather than anything in itself. I think it is fairly obvious that some are a lot better at judging others and therefore perhaps avoiding relationships where trouble might ensue. But Peterson is probably a decent psychologist and accurate in what he says - just not my preferred way of expressing such things. :oops:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Jordan Peterson sometimes injects personal ideology and quasi-scientific statements into his lectures, especially when it comes to gender issues. His unfounded overgeneralizations about childless women bear this out clearly.

I would much rather go to a less biased, less bitter, and more disciplined source for relationship and life advice.