• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the world was ending in your lifetime would it change your faith in your religious doctrine?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
This question is normally targeted towards people of the Abrahamic faith, but of course any can answer. For those that are doctrinal literalist, if the world is ending unlike what it’s said in your religious eschatology, happens in your lifetime would it change your perspective of your religion?
My lifestyle is era proof--obey God. Whether the world is not ending, whether the world is ending, whether it is the messianic era, whether we are in the world to come, you can't go wrong with obeying HaShem.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
My lifestyle is era proof--obey God. Whether the world is not ending, whether the world is ending, whether it is the messianic era, whether we are in the world to come, you can't go wrong with obeying HaShem.

This has nothing to do with your lifestyle of your faith in HaShem. I specifically mentioned those who are literalists when it comes to doctrine, and those whose scriptures have an eschatology about the ending of the world which would appear to be set in stone, if a cataclysmic event happened which will end of all life on earth opposite of what is said in scripture, how does it change ones view?

Even in the Jewish faith there is an eschatology where the world will recognize the God of Israel as the true God and that the messiah will return. In the event of an unavoidable cataclysmic event, this will not come to pass. Your Messiah will not come nor will the world recognize the deity of Israel. In this scenario this would prove the Judaic doctrine wrong in this case.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
This has nothing to do with your lifestyle of your faith in HaShem. I specifically mentioned those who are literalists when it comes to doctrine, and those whose scriptures have an eschatology about the ending of the world which would appear to be set in stone, if a cataclysmic event happened which will end of all life on earth opposite of what is said in scripture, how does it change ones view?
As I already stated in my original post, it would not change my views one iota.