• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if satan can make hit songs, why can't god?

kloth

or at least just as many classics/hits that satan has produced for certain bands, and solo artists that have gained worldwide fame and fortune as musicians.
I don't know, some people claim the reason these famous musicians made it, is because they sold their soul to the devil 9i.e. satan).
but can someone sell their soul to god? to make it big in the music business, playing Christian music that is.
why not?

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
or at least just as many classics/hits that satan has produced for certain bands, and solo artists that have gained worldwide fame and fortune as musicians.
I don't know, some people claim the reason these famous musicians made it, is because they sold their soul to the devil 9i.e. satan).
but can someone sell their soul to god? to make it big in the music business, playing Christian music that is.
why not?

Because Christian music (at least the contemporary FM radio variety) is too much of a niche market and generally sucks the bronze off of doorknobs.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I think the main problem is that Satan's music is about anything and everything and God's music (in the Christian sense) is much more limited in it's subject matter, eg.: loving God, making a mistake and asking for God's forgiveness, praising God, talking about hard times that are hard to make it through without God, exalting God...; it kind of revolves around one subject. So, naturally, a smaller audience is going to like it.

Of course, if you are a pantheist or panentheist, all music is God's music :D Or if you aren't a Christian, the whole dichotomy falls apart and Christian music is just less popular because it appeals to a smaller audience (even not all Christians like Christian music).

I just dont care much for it. Even when I was Christian, I couldn't bring myself to listen to Christian music much; it's boring, musically simple and repetitive and encompasses a small range of emotions and situational expressions. I have more feelings that need expressing than just "I love God, im sorry when I sin and I can't make it through hard times without him".

This doesn't mean I dont like spiritual music, but the genre of Christian music, I find lacking and uninteresting. EDIT: Though I do really enjoy old hymns, they are more musically complex and moving.

chinu

chinu
why not?

We all are like slaves in the world of Satan(Time). All souls are freedom fighters who want to get rid out the world of Satan(Time) and want to reside permanently in the "World of God" (Heaven).

"Famous musicians made it because they sold their soul to Satan" MEANS.. Instead of working for the Freedom, they "Wasted their time" (Soul) for the false things in the "World of Satan"(Time).

In case of Satan and God, Rather than any other thing the most important thing is Salvation/Liberation/Freedom, always. (Which one always forget) :)

kashmir

What a ridiculous notion, there are thousands of songs about God that are hits.
Lol @ the sell ones soul to God. :facepalm:

Since no one posted it, I will.
This song is very fresh, different, and kicks so much butt that even satan runs when he hears it.
Don't get me wrong, I love classic rock and nothing tops Angus or Page or Walters on guitar.
But sometimes the words are enough to make chills and goosebumps flow deep

Carrie isnt someone I like to listen to, but damn, can she write lyrics.

edit: on YT I put in Jesu and the song came up first :p

[youtube]lydBPm2KRaU[/youtube]

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What a ridiculous notion, there are thousands of songs about God that are hits.
Lol @ the sell oneself to God. :facepalm:

Since no one posted it, I will.
This song is very fresh, different, and kicks so much butt that even satan runs when he hears it.
Don't get me wrong, I love classic rock and nothing tops Angus or Page or Walters on guitar.
But sometimes the words are enough to make chills and goosebumps flow deep

Carrie isnt someone I like to listen to, but damn, can she write lyrics.

[youtube]lydBPm2KRaU[/youtube]

The vid isn't showing for me.