• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if not evolution, then????

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
People are made from dirt. Well, except for women - they were made from a man's rib. Pfft...evolution - what silliness.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
OK, I'll play. And what did God with a big G?
This isn't a game. I was just pointing out that when the term God is used, which is a proper noun, it refers to a specific god. That is the Abrahamic God. God with a big g refers to the Abrahamic God. When the term is used with a small g, god, it is a generic term.

Again, when God is used, not the big G, it refers specifically to the Abrahamic God. That is basic.

Now, if you're asking what created God. Nothing.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
if you don't believe in evolution, did a fully developed man or baby just appear???

I really don't get this question. Are you trying to get at something? Are you trying to trick people? I mean, the answer seems quite obvious, but I am worried that there might some ulterior motives.

If we look at a creationist, yes, they believe that humans appeared. They believe that humans were created by God, and placed on this Earth. That seems to be basic knowledge.

Skwim

Veteran Member
This isn't a game. I was just pointing out that when the term God is used, which is a proper noun, it refers to a specific god. That is the Abrahamic God. God with a big g refers to the Abrahamic God. When the term is used with a small g, god, it is a generic term.

Again, when God is used, not the big G, it refers specifically to the Abrahamic God. That is basic.
OR the specific god of any other religion.

Draka

Wonder Woman

Thank you. I was just about to say that. Abrahamic religions don't have the market cornered on the use of "God". Personally, when I speak of the Lady and her Lord I will sometimes say Goddess and God. When speaking of the Abrahamic deity I will most likely say the Abrahamic god. "God" by itself, to me is so much more than just the Abrahamic god.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist

Historically speaking, it has generally only been the Abrahamic god that has been mentioned as God. Specific gods of any other religion, in general, has been called by their respective names.

In fact, it has generally only been in western Christianity that the term God has been used in order to signify that specific god. And in general, the term God refers to the Abrahamic god, or at the very least, a god in a monotheistic belief.

So really, when someone says God, there really shouldn't be any confusion.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
It's just science.
Then you won't mind giving me the details about the process then.

A few papers from a peer-reviewed journal that show experimental data (and methods used to get that data) that support the process you gave me details on...

If it's science.... :cool:

If it's faith then I just expect a few verses from your book of choice. I don't fault people for taking the creation story as faith. However, since you said it's not faith but science... :shrug:

wa:do