• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Muslims Renounce Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott1

lunamoth said:
Scott, Wouldn't you say though that from a Catholic, EO (or any other Christian non-Sola Scrpitura) view the same could be said about the Bible in relation to Christianity?
Yes... and that's my point... we have the empirical Church to guide us... Islam is without such structure and seems to rest upon the teachings of ONE MAN... not the Koran as I have been told by Muslims is the case.... I'm only responding to what I have been told is the truth.... as this next poster shows------------->
Peace said:
God doen't need an interpreter. His message is very clear and reading the holy Quran is not at all a waste of time. The Quran is very clear but some of the verses need interpretation, they need to be put into context the historical when they were revealed, that's why we have to go back to the Tafseer "interpretation" and to the Hadith and Prophet Sunnah that simplify and make it for us to understand every smallest matter. But the Quran in itself is clear and its teachings have to do with all what we need in our life and it purifies the soul and brings peace to the heart.
See what I mean? The "Quran is very clear".... but only when you get it "right".... :confused:

Booko

Deviled Hen
*** MOD POST ***

This thread is not closed, but you should be aware that it is under mod review. Please continue posting, but keep the following rules in mind as you do so.

Thanks for your cooperation.

4.) While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. We will allow faith to be debated and discussed by a member only when there is no hostile, rude, or insulting opinion of another's faith. The same applies to international conflicts; hostile, rude or insulting opinions of one of the sides to an international conflict will not be allowed. These restrictions to an open debate or discussion also apply to material linked and/or quoted from another site. Our decision is final in these matters.

19.) Proselytizing will not be tolerated. This forum is for sharing, discussing and understanding other religions and ideas, not converting others to your individual religion or beliefs.

lunamoth

Will to love
Scott1 said:
Yes... and that's my point... we have the empirical Church to guide us... Islam is without such structure and seems to rest upon the teachings of ONE MAN... not the Koran as I have been told by Muslims is the case.... I'm only responding to what I have been told is the truth.... as this next poster shows------------->

Ahhh, gotcha Scott. I think I see the distinction you are making. Thank you.

luna

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
maro said:
...Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, and what their breasts conceal is greater. (sura3 ,verse 118)

Can you people be any more RUDE?

I have asked repeatedly that you return to topic and you refuse.

I'm asking that the thread be closed. If that doesn't happen I'll make sure I answer each and every post in like manner.
Moon Woman

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
gnostic said:
I think you are trying to win an unwin-able battle, MW.

But I will try to remind people here, too.

This topic about an individual who leave Islam, and the consequences....if any....of leaving this religion.

It's not about Muhammad, Jesus, Moses or any other prophet you can think of. It's not about end time. For Moon Woman's sake, start a new topic if you want to continue this current direction of debate, otherwise stick to the topic.

Thanks, gnostic. Apparently the tactic is to ignore, then smother.

It doesn't speak well for the posters who do this.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
maro said:
I think the major difference , between Muslims and others has become very clear in this thread

Muslims love jesus , respect him , and call him a great prophet ( peace and blessings be upon him )

while others are full of hatred towards our great beloved prophet , Muhammed _ peace and blessings be upon him _

I know this is not the case for all christians ,
but it really makes me sad , that this is the case for some of them ,

are these the teachings of christianity ? I don't think so

in my country , there are a lot of chritians , they are part of our muslim community , our neighbours and friends ,

and all we see from them is respect and love , to all prophets and all religions ,

If you can make a case for demoting Christ from divine Redeemer to human prophet I suggest you go to the appropriate thread and post your arguments. And no, it is not "respectful" to do so.

But that's not the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.