• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

Dinner123

He has titles, yes, but all these titles refer clearly to one Person. We don't see Jesus manifesting one day as the Way, the Truth and the Life, and the next day as the Pantocrator and Judge of the world.
Well, in Revelation we do see a Lamb that was slain right? Seven eyes, Seven horns. And before that, we saw Jesus as the resurrected Son of God He has eyes like fire. Later He is on a horse with crowns and blood dipped garments. So, He does manifest in different ways.

Yes, He is beyond all understanding, and I would even agree that they are all different revelations of the same God. But it goes further than that. Even after Christ had fully reassumed all the splendor, wisdom and might of His Divinity, He still refers to His Father as to another Person. For example, in Revelations 3:12,
Jesus is still the Son of man in Revelation. He does still have the same God that we have. He must really sit at the right hand(a position of authority) until all humanity's enemies are put under His human feet. Eventually He will deliver the kingdom up to God; having reconciled all things unto Himself and put all mankind's enemies under His human feet. They must be put under a human's feet.

And if you look at how Jesus opens up this dictation to John for the letters to the seven churches, you'll see that it isn't just Jesus speaking from His humanity, but both humanity and Divinity.
Agreed, but that doesn't prove the trinity. Jesus on earth did the same thing. Unlike many of the prophets; He never says "Thus saith the Lord" in the scriptures, but continually speaks as God.

And one thing about the one God and one Mediator... The one mediator cannot be Jesus' human nature alone, because that would amount to there being two persons within Jesus Christ, and there is no union between the human and Divine natures if this is the case. Rather, Jesus Christ with both natures is the Mediator,
Correct, the Spirit of God being in the Son bodily; has taken on the Sonship by His human manifestation and is the Mediator in the administration of the Son. The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ. (Rom. 8:9) Intercession is part of the roll of the Mediator.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Which is one reason God came in the flesh; there was no intercessor. See Isaiah 59:16.

So you only admit of a distinction between the human and divine natures. How strong is this distinction? Do you go as far as Nestorianism, to admit that there are two persons in Christ, one human and one divine, or do you affirm the Chalcedonian formula of the two natures being united in the one Person of Jesus Christ, without division, separation, mixing or absorption of one nature by/from the other?
Jesus is not two persons. But, God manifest in human form. A duality of natures. Scriptures show us He pre-existed the birth. (John 8:58) But, He was God. That being said, it's not as if we are given all the exact info on the incarnation. 1 Tim. 3:16 mentions the mystery of Godliness.
The holy Spirit is omnipresent. (Psalm 139:7) Yet, the holy Spirit can move upon things. (Genesis 1:2) And can be sent forth from God. (John 15:26) It is my belief that God sent His holy Spirit to inhabit a human body that He had prepared in the womb for that purpose. So, I believe Jesus was the Spirit of God, from the Father and was indwelling human flesh.

Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Then why are the Father and the Spirit never referred to as Jesus, only the Son?
Jesus is the name of the human manifestation of God. It defines His whole human mission which is salvation(Yeshua). So, when we call Jesus Lord, we do it to the glory of no one, but the Father. (Philippians 2:11)

Jesus claimed when you believe in Him, you don't believe in Him, but in the One who sent Him.

John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

According to 1 John 4:14, it is the Father that sent the Son. So when you believe on the Son you are really believing in the Father. Everything the Son does is unto the Father's glory. Because He is the Father manifest(The express image of the invisible God). So, when we worship Jesus; we worship the human manifestation of the Father.

BTW, not only does professing that “Jesus is Lord” glorify the Father. But, the Father also sends the holy Spirit in the name of Jesus. (John 14:26)

So you say that the Son is not the Son because of His relationship to the Father, merely because of the Incarnation. Is that right?
What are you asking here? Jesus is the Son of God by human birth and He is the Son of God by relationship; the holy Spirit literally Fathering Him in the womb.

And the Son only existed prior to the Incarnation as an intention and spoken Word of God?
The holy Spirit is in the Son at the birth. The Son is the holy Spirit embodied. God veiled in human flesh. And by Him, the Spirit takes on the Sonship. Therefore, when one receives the holy Spirit, He comes from God, into their hearts crying out unto God "Abba Father". Thus, God recognizes them as the body of His own Son. (Galatian 4:6) The one true God took on the nature of the Son; by the human birth process.

Would you say that the relationship between the Father and the Son is more akin to two facets on a gem, or is there a true Father-Son relationship?
There is a true Father, Son relationship. He was truly born of God's Spirit (Matt. 1:18) and was resurrected the first born from the dead. (Col. 1:18) Born once into the world and once again born by the resurrection; both times by the holy Spirit.

Benoni

Well, in Revelation we do see a Lamb that was slain right? Seven eyes, Seven horns. And before that, we saw Jesus as the resurrected Son of God He has eyes like fire. Later He is on a horse with crowns and blood dipped garments. So, He does manifest in different ways.

Jesus is still the Son of man in Revelation. He does still have the same God that we have. He must really sit at the right hand(a position of authority) until all humanity's enemies are put under His human feet. Eventually He will deliver the kingdom up to God; having reconciled all things unto Himself and put all mankind's enemies under His human feet. They must be put under a human's feet.

Agreed, but that doesn't prove the trinity. Jesus on earth did the same thing. Unlike many of the prophets; He never says "Thus saith the Lord" in the scriptures, but continually speaks as God.

Correct, the Spirit of God being in the Son bodily; has taken on the Sonship by His human manifestation and is the Mediator in the administration of the Son. The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ. (Rom. 8:9) Intercession is part of the roll of the Mediator.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Which is one reason God came in the flesh; there was no intercessor. See Isaiah 59:16.

Jesus is not two persons. But, God manifest in human form. A duality of natures. Scriptures show us He pre-existed the birth. (John 8:58) But, He was God. That being said, it's not as if we are given all the exact info on the incarnation. 1 Tim. 3:16 mentions the mystery of Godliness.
The holy Spirit is omnipresent. (Psalm 139:7) Yet, the holy Spirit can move upon things. (Genesis 1:2) And can be sent forth from God. (John 15:26) It is my belief that God sent His holy Spirit to inhabit a human body that He had prepared in the womb for that purpose. So, I believe Jesus was the Spirit of God, from the Father and was indwelling human flesh.

Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Jesus is the name of the human manifestation of God. It defines His whole human mission which is salvation(Yeshua). So, when we call Jesus Lord, we do it to the glory of no one, but the Father. (Philippians 2:11)

Jesus claimed when you believe in Him, you don't believe in Him, but in the One who sent Him.

John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

According to 1 John 4:14, it is the Father that sent the Son. So when you believe on the Son you are really believing in the Father. Everything the Son does is unto the Father's glory. Because He is the Father manifest(The express image of the invisible God). So, when we worship Jesus; we worship the human manifestation of the Father.

BTW, not only does professing that “Jesus is Lord” glorify the Father. But, the Father also sends the holy Spirit in the name of Jesus. (John 14:26)

What are you asking here? Jesus is the Son of God by human birth and He is the Son of God by relationship; the holy Spirit literally Fathering Him in the womb.

The holy Spirit is in the Son at the birth. The Son is the holy Spirit embodied. God veiled in human flesh. And by Him, the Spirit takes on the Sonship. Therefore, when one receives the holy Spirit, He comes from God, into their hearts crying out unto God "Abba Father". Thus, God recognizes them as the body of His own Son. (Galatian 4:6) The one true God took on the nature of the Son; by the human birth process.

There is a true Father, Son relationship. He was truly born of God's Spirit (Matt. 1:18) and was resurrected the first born from the dead. (Col. 1:18) Born once into the world and once again born by the resurrection; both times by the holy Spirit.
Just wanted to say I agree with you. There are many names of God in the Bible and the first name of God used was Elohim not Jehovah. If God's only name was Jehovah than how come His first name written was Elohim. Makes no sense literal or spiritual sense?

But seeing you’re whole religion is based on a name be it Jehovah or even the name Jesus you sure are limiting who God really is, and you limit that name than something is totally wrong.

Jesus is God manifested in the flesh and He is many things because of this, He is our spiritual example of whom and what God is God's nature and character in human flesh. He is the Lamb of God who lay down his life for all of His creation. He purposely took on human form so he could be the ultimate sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. He is the mercy seat, the Ark of God, the Holy of holies, He is the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end and all the Greek letters in between. He was the lamb slain from the foundation of the earth, and to be slain he took on human form, but never its nature for His nature and character is God manifested in flesh. Not one drop of Adam’s blood flowed though his veins for the blood line goes thought the father not the mother. His birth was divine and his death was the reason he came. He is the Lord of Lords, King of kings the mighty God.

Dinner123

But seeing you’re whole religion is based on a name be it Jehovah or even the name Jesus you sure are limiting who God really is, and you limit that name than something is totally wrong.

It's name above every name. It's only name given among men whereby we must be saved. It means salvation. When we call on Jesus we pray for salvation. That name is great and has purpose. We cannot just call God whatever we like. But, God tells us what to call Him. For example we can't call Him Baal or Chemosh or something. These are fake gods. God will not accept that.

Benoni

It's name above every name. It's only name given among men whereby we must be saved. It means salvation. When we call on Jesus we pray for salvation. That name is great and has purpose. We cannot just call God whatever we like. But, God tells us what to call Him. For example we can't call Him Baal or Chemosh or something. These are fake gods. God will not accept that.

Jesus is but one of many names, to know God's names is to know His nature. Many know Jesus as savior, redeemer, and Lord but He is a just Lord and His judgments are just. He is not a condemner or a damn-er, or a vicious monster who destroys trillions he never called. His blood is far greater than the sin of Adam and already reverse the curse of Adam for all who died in Adam will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own order.

"AND IN NAME." The name speaks of the nature and character of a person. In that our God is so marvelously great, He has many names (some say as many as 200) , each revealing to us another facet of His nature and character, etc. We ascribe unto Him many titles: He is Wonderful, Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, etc. Then we have all the compound names of Jehovah-- as our Healer, our Banner, our Righteousness, our Provider, our Defender etc. All of these names and titles help us to identify Him to us. But now He states that He will make a people high above all nations "IN NAME." He is ready to share His identity with humanity-- it is utterly awesome and amazing!

Names of God
ELOHIM: (GOD) Ex.33:34 First name of God in genesis... God’s goodness, his nature (name, character, authority)

YAHVAH, YAHVAH-EL of compassion and favor, Slow to anger & abundant in loving kindness & faithfulness: keeping loving kindness to a thousand generations, forgetting iniquity and transgression and sin, though leave not utterly unpunished. Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon sons’ sons, unto a third & forth generation. Ex. 34: Rotherham

Jehovah

Judgment: Every time God judges a matter it was not from anger as humans know it, but from zeal to show forth His righteousness. Yes deprived those wicked people of life on this earth for it is His right to withdraw that life

God is not only teaching His Word but also His Nature.

Jehovah T’ Sidkinu, The LORD OUR Righteousness (Jer. 23:6)
Jehovah M’ Kaddesh, The Lord Who Sanctifies (Lev. 20:7)
Jehovah Shalom, The Lord our peace (Judges 6:24)
Jehovah Shammah, The Lord our ever Present God (Ezek. 48:35)
Jehovah Rapha, The Lord our Healer (Ezek. 15:26)
Jehovah Jireh, The Lord our provider (Gen. 22:14)
Jehovah Nissi, The Lord our Victory (Ex. 17:15)
Jehovah Rohi, The Lord our Shepherd (Ps. 23:1)
Jehovah T’sur, The Lord our Strength (Ps. 19:14)

Sees

Dragonslayer
Wow, I need to celebrate having finished this whole thread with a huge glass of wine.

Anybody change their mind on even a single point when shown equally valid scriptural opposition?

No lightbulbs going off that there might not be clear, authoritative answers to many questions?

True Believer - "God said....."

Truest Believer - "No.....is God's Word!"

True Believer - "You must not have God's Spirit"

Truest Believer - "Oh I do........explains why"

Chosen Believer - "Both wrong...you can't see spiritual truth"

Yahweh and Jesus - :facepalm:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Daniel 12:4--- God is giving these truths to his chosen.

I don't believe the JW's are chosen. I did take a look at the reised new World Translation and at least proper English has been restored and the verse I looked at properly said "I and my Father are one." as it should. So perhaps the mistakes have been corrected in the text, leaving the only mistakes to the understanding of the text.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I have to agree that some names are anathema but He does allow "God" which more than likely has no Judaic connection.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Wow, I need to celebrate having finished this whole thread with a huge glass of wine.

Anybody change their mind on even a single point when shown equally valid scriptural opposition?

No lightbulbs going off that there might not be clear, authoritative answers to many questions?

True Believer - "God said....."

Truest Believer - "No.....is God's Word!"

True Believer - "You must not have God's Spirit"

Truest Believer - "Oh I do........explains why"

Chosen Believer - "Both wrong...you can't see spiritual truth"

Yahweh and Jesus - :facepalm:

I believe this is a little inconcsistent. It should either be Yahweh and Yeshuah or Jehovah and Jesus.

I believe that is laughable since the not really chosen witnesses don't believe in the spirit the way the Bible proclaims it.

dan p

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

If Jesus was God, why was he tempted by the Devil? Can God be tempted by the Devil, his own creation?

Granted, he passed the test. But if he was God... Why was there a test in the first place? Does God need to test himself?

Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above.

Hi , and it is simple I believe :

#1 , Jesus is the God-man .

#2 , Born without sin .

#3 , That means , Jesus could not be tempted .

#4 , Jesus was Tested , because Jesus came to do the will of the FATHER and not his own .

#5 , If Satan could get Jesus to act on His own , than Satan wins .

36 , Jesus used scripture to Defeat Satan .and James 1:13 says that God can not be Tempted .

dan p

kjw47

Just wanted to say I agree with you. There are many names of God in the Bible and the first name of God used was Elohim not Jehovah. If God's only name was Jehovah than how come His first name written was Elohim. Makes no sense literal or spiritual sense?

Jesus is God manifested in the flesh and He is many things because of this, He is our spiritual example of whom and what God is God's nature and character in human flesh. He is the Lamb of God who lay down his life for all of His creation. He purposely took on human form so he could be the ultimate sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. He is the mercy seat, the Ark of God, the Holy of holies, He is the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end and all the Greek letters in between. He was the lamb slain from the foundation of the earth, and to be slain he took on human form, but never its nature for His nature and character is God manifested in flesh. Not one drop of Adam’s blood flowed though his veins for the blood line goes thought the father not the mother. His birth was divine and his death was the reason he came. He is the Lord of Lords, King of kings the mighty God.

Elohim is not a name. Jesus taught clearly( John 17:1-6)--the one who sent him( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah)--backed by Paul at 1 cor 8:6

That is why Jesus also teaches this truth--John 20:17, rev 3:12

so either Gods word teaches 2 different Gods or Jesus and Paul teach truth or trinity teachers teach truth--both sides teach the opposite.--for my choice I will believe Jesus.

Ken Brown

Elohim is not a name. Jesus taught clearly( John 17:1-6)--the one who sent him( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah)--backed by Paul at 1 cor 8:6

so either Gods word teaches 2 different Gods or Jesus and Paul teach truth or trinity teachers teach truth--both sides teach the opposite.--for my choice I will believe Jesus.

Hi kjw47, why can't the Elohim be MANY? Why can't ALL of the Elohim united AS ONE, be the Father? KB

kjw47

Hi kjw47, why can't the Elohim be MANY? Why can't ALL of the Elohim united AS ONE, be the Father? KB

It contradicts who God was in the ot

Moses wrote the word Elohim( it meant more like majesty)in his usage--Abraham, Moses, David, Daniel, etc every Israelite that served the true God served a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah) --

Dinner123

The only true God sent Him, but Jesus said when you see Him you see the same One.
John 12:45
And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

Ken Brown

It contradicts who God was in the ot

Moses wrote the word Elohim( it meant more like majesty)in his usage--Abraham, Moses, David, Daniel, etc every Israelite that served the true God served a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah) --

Hi kjw47, doesn't the name YHWH mean, I am who I am, or I will be who I will be? Elohim is plural, and I really don't see why (Jehovah) would limit Himself to just one, if He could be a UNITY of Elohim, with Yeshua (Jehovah) as the Head of this unity. The whole unity of whom Elohim is, is greater than Yeshua by Himself, therefore He will BE who He is, a family of Elohim. This family of Elohim are those who conceived the plan of planting the Seed within mankind, therefore, this family of Elohim can be viewed by Yeshua as The Father, who sent Him. Why is that not a reasonable explanation? Did not Yeshua, who WAS Elohim (Jehovah), humble Himself as He GAVE UP (emptied Himself) of that existence, and became a man? Think these things through kjw47, it just might start to make some sense. KB

kjw47

Hi kjw47, doesn't the name YHWH mean, I am who I am, or I will be who I will be? Elohim is plural, and I really don't see why (Jehovah) would limit Himself to just one, if He could be a UNITY of Elohim, with Yeshua (Jehovah) as the Head of this unity. The whole unity of whom Elohim is, is greater than Yeshua by Himself, therefore He will BE who He is, a family of Elohim. This family of Elohim are those who conceived the plan of planting the Seed within mankind, therefore, this family of Elohim can be viewed by Yeshua as The Father, who sent Him. Why is that not a reasonable explanation? Did not Yeshua, who WAS Elohim (Jehovah), humble Himself as He GAVE UP (emptied Himself) of that existence, and became a man? Think these things through kjw47, it just might start to make some sense. KB

Elohim can be used in a plural sense--But it is 100% fact--Moses wrote that word in Genesis and Moses knew God very well--Moses served a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah) -- so he did not say there that God was 3 in 1--it meant like majesty( but plural)--

It cannot make 1 iota of sense or Jesus and Paul would be liars. And we know they aren't the ones who erred--Facts of Israelite history prove what is what.

kjw47

The only true God sent Him, but Jesus said when you see Him you see the same One.
John 12:45
And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

Because Jesus and the Father are one( not in being--in purpose) Jesus did 0 of his own inititive( will) He lived 24/7 to do his Fathers will--so when we look at Jesus we see exactly what his Father will do and is.

Ken Brown

Elohim can be used in a plural sense--But it is 100% fact--Moses wrote that word in Genesis and Moses knew God very well--Moses served a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah) -- so he did not say there that God was 3 in 1--it meant like majesty( but plural)--

It cannot make 1 iota of sense or Jesus and Paul would be liars. And we know they aren't the ones who erred--Facts of Israelite history prove what is what.

Hi kjw47, I would never limit Elohim to be just 3, as the 3 in 1 teachers do. So, why would you limit Elohim to just 1? Doesn't Paul teach that equality with Elohim was something that Yeshua did not need to grasp (He had it), and He gave it up (Phil 2). Doesn't that mean that Elohim was at least 2, if not more? And then WHY did He give up being an equal with Elohim? Well, doesn't a Seed need to be planted in death (buried), to BECOME many? Why do you want to limit the Elohim to be just 1, and not many? Didn't Yeshua come to increase the Glory of His Father through His death, and isn't the Glory of Elohim, Man (1 Cor 11:7) Are not those who shine like stars in the night becoming like Him (1John 3:2, Phil 3:21).

And what do you do with Isa 30:26? Do you not realize that our physical moon is a shadow or picture of those who reflect the LIGHT of Elohim to this dark world? And the light (glory) of the Moon will BE as the light (glory) of the Sun, and the Sun will be seven times brighter, as the light of seven full days (7000 years). All that Isaiah Scripture is telling us is that Elohim's People who reflect Him will become LIKE Him and He will be glorified even more as ALL who reflect Him will be brought INTO Him and that unity will be the ALL in ALL (1 Cor 15:28). Think on these things kjw47. KB

Last edited:

kjw47

Hi kjw47, I would never limit Elohim to be just 3, as the 3 in 1 teachers do. So, why would you limit Elohim to just 1? Doesn't Paul teach that equality with Elohim was something that Yeshua did not need to grasp (He had it), and He gave it up (Phil 2). Doesn't that mean that Elohim was at least 2, if not more? And then WHY did He give up being an equal with Elohim? Well, doesn't a Seed need to be planted in death (buried), to BECOME many? Why do you want to limit the Elohim to be just 1, and not many? Didn't Yeshua come to increase the Glory of His Father through His death, and isn't the Glory of Elohim, Man (1 Cor 11:7) Are not those who shine like stars in the night becoming like Him (1John 3:2, Phil 3:21).

And what do you do with Isa 30:26? Do you not realize that our physical moon is a shadow or picture of those who reflect the LIGHT of Elohim to this dark world? And the light (glory) of the Moon will BE as the light (glory) of the Sun, and the Sun will be seven times brighter, as the light of seven full days (7000 years). All that Isaiah Scripture is telling us is that Elohim's People who reflect Him will become LIKE Him and He will be glorified even more as ALL who reflect Him will be brought INTO Him and that unity will be the ALL in ALL (1 Cor 15:28). Think on these things kjw47. KB

Facts--- in the ot--the servants of the almighty true God served a single being God. Jesus serves that God as well--Jesus will be in subjection to him after he hands back the kingdom( 1 cor 15:24-28) Catholicism popped up( the great apostasy-foretold) held councils because they didn't know truth( it died with the early Christians and apostles) came up with a trinity God because the greeks refused to go to a religion with just a single God and they wanted their celebrations as well. Catholicism = tree trunk--32,998 branches( popped up because someone saw something wrong in the prior one) --- a good tree produces good fruit--a bad tree produces bad fruit.

Ken Brown

Facts--- in the ot--the servants of the almighty true God served a single being God. Jesus serves that God as well--Jesus will be in subjection to him after he hands back the kingdom( 1 cor 15:24-28) Catholicism popped up( the great apostasy-foretold) held councils because they didn't know truth( it died with the early Christians and apostles) came up with a trinity God because the greeks refused to go to a religion with just a single God and they wanted their celebrations as well. Catholicism = tree trunk--32,998 branches( popped up because someone saw something wrong in the prior one) --- a good tree produces good fruit--a bad tree produces bad fruit.

Hi kjw47, look at it like this. The President of the United States is the supreme leader, just as Yeshua is The Supreme Leader, but just as the President is subject to the WHOLE of what the United States is, so ALSO, Yeshua will be subject to the WHOLE of what Elohim is. Now tell me, how do you explain this:

Isa 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

How can the son be called the Eternal Father or Mighty God? KB

kjw47

Hi kjw47, look at it like this. The President of the United States is the supreme leader, just as Yeshua is The Supreme Leader, but just as the President is subject to the WHOLE of what the United States is, so ALSO, Yeshua will be subject to the WHOLE of what Elohim is. Now tell me, how do you explain this:

Isa 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

How can the son be called the Eternal Father or Mighty God? KB

Read it in context--it states--his name will be called those things--- it did not say he would be called those things.