• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus isn't God, then how many Kingdoms are there?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
John 18:36

Your title says "how many" kingdoms are there. The verse doesn't mention how many, it just says the kingdom of god isn't of this world. I'd assume there is only one kingdom as the verse says without the use of -s in the English language to denote plural nouns. However, that is not the context of the verse: how many. The context is the kingdom is not of this world.

So how does your question and verse relate to each other?

Brickjectivity

One
Staff member
Premium Member
I refuse to participate in this thread! ... oh darn I just did. :eek:

There are numerous kingdoms until they all become one. First there are the epochs which are referred to as 'This world' and 'The world to come' or possibly 'Long ago'. Multiply these by the number of tribes, which you may count as twelve if you like but which represent many more than twelve. Then there are elders (and a king counts as an elder), so you need to multiply again by the number of elders (but the number is not given). So you have Elders * Tribes * Epochs. All of these various rules are necessary until the final king of kings returns the crown to God. Regardless of how many kingdoms, at the end all of the kingdoms will be ruled by one king of kings who then will yield the kingdom back to God, destroying all human dynasties forever. "When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all." (I Corinthians 15:26) This idea of God being all and in all comes from the Jewish teaching (possibly from Jeremiah and especially Jeremiah 31) that one day all Jews will know the Torah without being taught, but this promise in Christianity has been extended to all people everywhere. So in Christianity all people everywhere will eventually 'Know the LORD' someday and not have to be taught (although in a kind of metaphysical way this is already supposed to be the case), and this idea of God being all and in all is an interpretation of what the prophets say is the ultimate goal of Abraham -- that everyone will simply know what to do and how to live in harmony without any human kings at which point there are zero kingdoms.

buddhist

There are many kingdoms in the early Buddhist view. Just as earth may possess multiple kings and kingdoms, the various heavens are similar.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Your title says "how many" kingdoms are there. The verse doesn't mention how many, it just says the kingdom of god isn't of this world. I'd assume there is only one kingdom as the verse says without the use of -s in the English language to denote plural nouns. However, that is not the context of the verse: how many. The context is the kingdom is not of this world.

So how does your question and verse relate to each other?

That may be the context, but Jesus states 'my Kingdom'.
hence the original question/premise

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I see the kingdom as being the Source of all, or Consciousness, its our true home, its where we as sentient beings have arisen from, you could also call it heaven, but its not a geographical place somewhere, its within all of us.

ukok102nak

~;> as it is written
:read:
John 14:1
"Do not let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many dwelling places. If it weren't so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also.
4 Where I go, you know the way."

so as it is written
:read:
John 14:23
Yeshua answered him, "If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.
24 He who does not love me does not keep my words. The word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

ronandcarol

Premium Member
If Jesus isn't God, then how many Kingdoms are there?
trinity.JPG

One Kingdom, One Triune God.

ronandcarol

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

The Kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but joy, peace and righteousness in the Holy Spirit. - Romans 14

You asked about John 18:36; Jesus explains He didn't have an earthly army in His first advent.

The "what is the kingdom(s)" discussion is misleading, it's not "where is Heaven?" or "when does the new Earth arrive?" or "where is Jesus's heavenly temple?" Queen Elizabeth lives in London, her subjects and lands stretch far and wide.