• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I Wanted to Sedate a Seagull, How Would I Do It?

DarkSun

:eltiT
This is purely hypothetical and have no intention of actually doing it, due to the fact that it would of course have some legal implications. But if say, I wanted to go to the beach, and catch a seagull, not kill it, but sedate it enough to catch it, what drug should I lace my bait with, and how much should I use? I'm thinking valium, but it's difficult to find LD50s and recommended dosages for sedative effects in reptile/bird models. Please advise.

Onkara

Seagulls eat anything, the problem is they fly when they take the food I think, so a large butterfly catching net might be best, theoretically you then don't have to drug it and it will be in your hands and still healthy.

DarkSun

:eltiT
Seagulls eat anything, the problem is they fly when they take the food I think, so a large butterfly catching net might be best, theoretically you then don't have to drug it and it will be in your hands and still healthy.

I don't mind that idea. Now I just have to find a large butterfly catching net. Not that I ever intended on doing this or anything. xP *cough*

Onkara

Regarding the difficulty of finding a larger butterfly catching net, there is always a catch (pun) to the solution ;)

I expect they will fight like hell, they have big beaks and feet and have been known to break stale bread in two with ease.