• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God..

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If God told you/could be through an Angel, that you could go to heaven right away in that moment.

Would you have said yes?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I would need more information. A lot of things could be calling themselves an angel, a lot of gods out there it could be representing, a lot of ideas of heaven I'm not interested in.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
No. In spite of all the trouble, I'm enjoying having a physical body and the potential for spiritual progress it brings.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If God told you/could be through an Angel, that you could go to heaven right away in that moment.

Would you have said yes?
You mean "God tells me that I could go to Heaven NOW"?

I would say "YES"

Best offer I can get; no one can trump such an offer, right?

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you

Would you have said yes?

I think of the phrase “the Kingdom of God is within you”.

To the living, heaven -like hell- is a state of mind: a way of understanding and approaching the world and what one comes across.

When we approach what occurs from a place of attentiveness, humility and selflessness, we experience inner peace/harmony (heaven). When we do so from a place of distraction or self interest and disregard for, or competitiveness with others, we experience angst, lack, want, envy, threat, greed, emptiness, apathy, loss, pain, rage, hatred (hell).

To live in a state of heaven, is to have understood that your perspective and actions form your life and to constantly choose the perspective and actions that contribute to inner peace and harmony.

Humbly,
Hermit

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I've had a rough life on this earth. Im tired of fighting. If a deity said i could go to heaven right then and there and i liked how that heaven sounded I'd likely want to accept the offer. However I have a twin sister who'd be upset if I just died. So I'd ask if both of us could go provided my sister would want to go and if they said yes I would discuss with my sister. If she ready to go then I'll go with her. If not then i would not accept the offer.