• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God spoke again...

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It is't possible. All so called messengers after the first century AD are false, counterfeits, they do not function by the will or Spirit of God.

But just the ones after the first century, huh? What evidence do you have that the one's before the first century were the real deal? And please don't cite the Bible, because that isn't evidence.

How many of these messengers have you met?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would think at least someone would recognize a resurrected Jesus, Mohammed, Baha'u'llah, etc. walking the earth speaking the word of God.

Bear in mind, I said resurrected, not reincarnated.

You are correct, a few do, alas always only a few.

But also consider, those few end up giving their lives so a majority can learn from why they freely offered their lives.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh, so like the Greybeards on Skyrim, then.

So how do you know that there is a filter needed for "What is from God?" Personal experience?

That filter I see is God's Messengers. How do I know they are needed? I see that is our quandary, we have to consider what they have offered for our own selves.

Choose to see through their eyes, put those glasses on. A Metephor of many tangents.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm sorry, but either this is a poor analogy or it went over my head. Does the teacher select one or two students to give the lesson and then test the entire class?

I am looking at education as a whole, even if I qoute one specific method, in one class. Think of all classes, all lessons and how we determine if we have met the required grade.

That is how I see God. When I talk Jesus, of Krishna, or Muhammad, or Buddha, or Moses, to name a small amount of God's teachers, I talk of all of God's Messengers on a worldly scale and how those lessons impact on all people.

I guess that is why Baha'u'llah's Message resonated with me. I have always had the feeling for life as a world citizen.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, you said "again," which suggests He spoke before. This is what I was asking for evidence of. Please stop trying to backpedal by setting up straw men.

AGAIN? When did His Almighty speak the first time? :confused:

Baha'u'llah has offered it is The Messengers and Prophets that give God's Message, they are the 'Self of God' amongst us, all we can and ever will know about God in this world and the worlds to come.

Thus in each age they speak as the 'Voice of God'.

Regards Tony

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Because solving our problems requires common sense.

What does the Bible say about preventing Global Warming ?
Salination of the soil ?
Deforestation ?
Fossil fuels ?
The loss of insect populations due to insecticide ?

So far, the ‘messengers’ have missed all the serious issues !

You're brainwashed.

Yes, we should be doing our part to reduce smelly oil burning machines, but people has been burning wood for centuries on centuries. And coal for centuries.

That fact is, the Great Gatsby predicted global warming (from the sun getting hotter or closer) about a century ago. Nothing happened.
Environmentalists like Gore predicted warming, cooling, etc (even polar bears going extinct, where they're now a nuisance). But if you want a REAL look at an environmentalist look at how wasteful Gore's pool is. And how much he spends on air fare.

Environmentalists are snobs that want to tax the little people so they can be the only ones on the road, the only ones owning mansions. What does the Bible say? It says all of us get a pad in Heaven. (Sort of, the many rooms thing). But sure go ahead and let someone talk you out of a life that is your birthright.

Bird123

If God spoke again through a new Messenger who had a message for all of humanity, would it “matter” if the adherents to the older religions recognized that Messenger and followed His religion, or would it be acceptable for religious people to continue following the older religions they adhere to?

If you think it matters why do you think so?

If you think it does not matter why don’t you think so?

Should one really be following anyone? In this multilevel classroom we learn through the interaction with others. Listen to the advice of others, but walk your own path. Life's lessons are best learned that way. God's children were never meant to have crutches and blindly follow others. One should learn to stand of one's own two feet.

Any true messenger of God would not want followers. Like God, they would point in a direction by which each could Discover the answers for themselves.

True learning must come through the results of our free choices. When one Discovers what those choices really mean, our intelligence will pick the best choices. I could tell someone what the best choice is, however they will never really learn it until they live it.