• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God is an atheist, then you should be one too.

David T

Premium Member
I don't believe in monotheism. I believe there are many Gods as there are individuals and each person is related to their own sacred energy whether they regard it as such or not.

But let's say for instance there is one true God. And this God says, there is no others before me. This God believes there are no other Gods, and it reveres itself as divine. Not only is this God an atheist, it's also an autotheist.

I like to use the term "I am" to represent how even Jesus was saying, be like me, so you can save yourself. Save yourself from what? There are thousands of beliefs, none of them stop death.

It's human to emulate divinity and project our emotions and fears into some immortal desire that understands everything. If you're familiar with the epic of Gilgamesh, even language was summarized to represent the immortalization of humans. Speaking of the Sumerians, what a strange group eh? I find the claim that modern religion claims roots to the diverse polytheistic world that came before it to be silly considering the holy lands have never been unified under a single banner or cause.

Anyways, monotheists and atheists are both outnumbered by polytheists and animists. I don't think there is any "true monotheism" that doesn't use the duality of "good and evil", because even if Satan isn't a God it's definitely the anti equivalent to God which causes the power struggle which actually empowers each other, perhaps there is a lesson in gaining power by giving power out.

Side note, interesting how religious ideas changed with the development of agriculture. That's also when we became more warlike and competitive. I'm sure there is a piece of scripture we can connect this too? With agriculture we became more numerous and started to become more violent. Something about a fruit me thinks. This one God put it there so you could become more like it. Why else would it do such a thing as to put an incredibly potent device within reach of our forebears? Because it would empower not only us, but the one who craves our affection and worship, this God that is one, but few will admit its really themselves.
Oh a 7.5 billion dimensional reality And growing by 200,000 dimensions a day. That's entertaining.

Baroodi

(Say: If there are gods/goddesses Beside Allah, skies and earth would be in chaos); Quranic verse. And people say: having two captains, the boat will sink.

dfnj

If God is an atheist, then you should be one too.

The problem with the way most atheists think about God is it is like a 5th grader who says, "I don't believe in God because I have never seen him." This is such a simple minded way of thinking about a very subtle and nuanced subject of study. Claiming God is an atheist is good click-bait, a nice bit of trolling, but it demonstrates a very low-brow understanding of God.

Often the claim is made what objective evidence or proof do you have that God exists, and since you have no objective proof, therefore, God does not exist. The problem with this way of thinking is it presupposes philosophical materialism or realism is an absolute truth. And therefore, with philosophical materialism as a belief system, either God is an imaginary friend or someone you would be able to meet in reality. Atheists then argue if God is an imaginary friend then he is irrelevant since he isn’t real. And if God is person, introduce me to him and have him demonstrate his powers. If God can’t be experienced in reality as a person, then God doesn’t exist. So either way of looking at it, for an atheist, God doesn’t exist.

But for this atheistic point of view to work, you must first assume philosophical materialism or realism is an absolute truth. The thing is scientific evidence has shown we do NOT live in a clockwork Universe. The rules governing the science of quantum mechanics are NOT like the rules governing Newtonian physics. Philosophical materialism or realism is a fairy tale. It's a make belief delusion. We live in a spiritual Universe with an ordering principle and an opposing chaos principle. And somewhere in the middle of it all there a deciding consciousness which most religious people label as God.

We simply do not understand the IT that decides which quantum state is realized from observation or the exact moment of radioactive decay. Spirit moves the Universe to act with a specific goal. Otherwise, nothingness would be all that is needed to exist. But somethingness existing is a complete violation of the law of conservation of energy. It really sucks for the materialists/realist. Some people simply cannot accept their own dogma is actually worthless. One man's religion is another man's cult. Atheists love their materalism/realism cult.

Here's a good video describing the science delusion:

It's okay if you are mad because I insulted your favorite dogma. It's only natural to defend your religion as if someone is making a personal attack on your soul.

So now for a more advanced way of thinking about God. It is based on the Apophatic way of defining God. With this way of thinking, God is perfect, complete, desiring nothing, lacking nothing, and needing nothing. Rather than the atheists view of God, where God is an imaginary friend or someone you meet in person. Since God is absolute unity, complete, and perfect God cannot be an atheist because by God's nature God is His own religion.

With the Apophatic way of thinking, "the essence of God is completely unknowable; mankind can know God only through His energies". So we can only know God through our experiences as an indirect way of seeing fragments or glimpses of the greatness that is God's infinite perfection.

"Apophatic theology, also known as negative theology,[1] is a form of theological thinking and religious practice which attempts to approach God, the Divine, by negation, to speak only in terms of what may not be said about the perfect goodness that is God"

"Dionysius describes the kataphatic or affirmative way to the divine as the "way of speech": that we can come to some understanding of the Transcendent by attributing all the perfections of the created order to God as its source. In this sense, we can say "God is Love", "God is Beauty", "God is Good". The apophatic or negative way stresses God's absolute transcendence and unknowability in such a way that we cannot say anything about the divine essence because God is so totally beyond being. The dual concept of the immanence and transcendence of God can help us to understand the simultaneous truth of both "ways" to God: at the same time as God is immanent, God is also transcendent. At the same time as God is knowable, God is also unknowable. God cannot be thought of as one or the other only"

"[t]hat which is infinite is known only to itself. This it is which gives some notion of God, while yet beyond all our conceptions – our very incapacity of fully grasping Him affords us the idea of what He really is. He is presented to our minds in His transcendent greatness, as at once known and unknown.[49]"

Apophatic theology - Wikipedia

Apophatic theology is the bases of interpreting the Holy Trinity and a God having no limitations. The idea of a trinity as it relates to reality, energy, words and forms, and spirit can be found in every major religion around the World. Take Taoism for example. There's a saying in Taoism: From the one come the two, from the two come the three, and from the three come the 10,000 things. From Genesis we have God said let their be light, separate from darkness, and with spirit it gives rise to the 10,000 forms of the Universe.

I think the atheist rudimentary ideas about God are lacking subtlety, nuance, and sophistication. People spend years studying the topic of religion. Just because you use a toilet everyday doesn't make you a master plumber.

Sorry atheists, my faith in God is way stronger than anything you are ever going to say. And I don't expect to wake you up from your materialist/realist delusion any time soon.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I like to use the term "I am" to represent how even Jesus was saying, be like me, so you can save yourself. Save yourself from what? There are thousands of beliefs, none of them stop death.
I use the term (Name).......I AM!!!!
to express my belief

Someone had to be First in mind and heart
in Spirit

that would be God

MJFlores

I don't believe in monotheism. I believe there are many Gods as there are individuals and each person is related to their own sacred energy whether they regard it as such or not.

But let's say for instance there is one true God. And this God says, there is no others before me. This God believes there are no other Gods, and it reveres itself as divine. Not only is this God an atheist, it's also an autotheist.

It's human to emulate divinity and project our emotions and fears into some immortal desire that understands everything. If you're familiar with the epic of Gilgamesh, even language was summarized to represent the immortalization of humans. Speaking of the Sumerians, what a strange group eh? I find the claim that modern religion claims roots to the diverse polytheistic world that came before it to be silly considering the holy lands have never been unified under a single banner or cause.

Anyways, monotheists and atheists are both outnumbered by polytheists and animists. I don't think there is any "true monotheism" that doesn't use the duality of "good and evil", because even if Satan isn't a God it's definitely the anti equivalent to God which causes the power struggle which actually empowers each other, perhaps there is a lesson in gaining power by giving power out.

Side note, interesting how religious ideas changed with the development of agriculture. That's also when we became more warlike and competitive. I'm sure there is a piece of scripture we can connect this too? With agriculture we became more numerous and started to become more violent. Something about a fruit me thinks. This one God put it there so you could become more like it. Why else would it do such a thing as to put an incredibly potent device within reach of our forebears? Because it would empower not only us, but the one who craves our affection and worship, this God that is one, but few will admit its really themselves.

Makes sense but nah. It is like this.

"Look kid, I'm your papa and there is no other papa besides me."
papason.jpg

An obedient son would say: "Yes, Father, I will remember that"
A doubting son would say. "Not really sure if you are my dad."
An unbelieving son would say: "WTF, no way Jose." [WTF - Wasn't That Funny]
An insane son would say "I think you are the mother, the father and the family dog"