• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God created everything why didn't he create it perfect?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
"I mean it isn't like you are wiling to actually address the point I made about your god punishing people for the sins of others."

when we all take on our own guilt? what does the bible say: according to YOUR works

with an offer to escape punishment for free.

rather we are disadvantaged by other peoples sin.
Wait...
Is this OT or NT?

Verse(s) please.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God created a perfect creation origionally. The perfect man became imperfect when he broke the only commandment. this man and this perfect world were made imperfect as punishment for disobeying God. This man's curse was in his blood, ready to be passed down to all humanity. God is just. The law was broke. consequences.
Except this doesn't correspond to scientific knowledge at all.

Creatures have had to deal with inherent imperfection and suffering since before mankind ever existed, and mankind has had to deal with imperfection and suffering since the inception of our species and ancestor species.

Your explanation relies on concepts that have been thoroughly disproved by science.

InChrist

Free4ever
Wait...
Is this OT or NT?

Verse(s) please.

God does not punish people for the sins of others, but the sins of people and the consequences of those sins affect others around them.

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. 17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense
judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.
Romans 5:12-19

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
" If God created everything why didn't he create it perfect?"

Because he has a sense of humor. :yes:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
" If God created everything why didn't he create it perfect?"

Because he has a sense of humor. :yes:
I don't see why a god would find something like genetic defects or cancerous brain tumors to be humorous.

I'm not saying that you or your deity necessarily do. But my observation is that when it comes to the related problems of evil/suffering/imperfection, the majority of theists would naturally prefer to debate or comment on the lighter or more general aspects of it rather than to tackle the hard questions of grievous suffering or despair.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe he knows something we don't.
I edited something onto my post without having realized you've already responded. I'll post it here.

"I'm not saying that you or your deity necessarily do. But my observation is that when it comes to the related problems of evil/suffering/imperfection, the majority of theists would naturally prefer to debate or comment on the lighter or more general aspects of it rather than to tackle the hard questions of grievous suffering or despair."

To add onto it further, explanations like yours tend to be appropriate in a rational discussion (such as this is, roughly speaking) but not in most real-world examples. For instance, if someone's kid brother Mark dies painfully from some bodily defect, most people wouldn't suggest it has to do with god having a sense of humor. Instead, exceedingly vague non-explanations such as "it's all part of a plan" may be given, or answers that don't address the question itself such as "he's in a better place now" are given as a bit of a deflection (and of course as part of general well-wishing out of good intent).

Sum1sGruj

God wouldn't have been perfect if he didn't give life free will to choose. And to not give life is like killing all mankind. Think about it.

We have the ability to master the universe, and instead we are too busy being selfish and warring with each other.
Unlike animals, we have reason and therefore can prevent many illnesses and defects. Or at least we could have. Our sins are catching up to us and so we have fell behind in our advances. This is what I believe to be balance. You either do what is commended and be selfless and grow as a people// or die.
So really, sin is exactly why we fall short of perfection in every single way.

Sum1sGruj

But He does. Nobody except Adam and Even should have ever died, because nobody apart from them ate from the tree.

I think you misunderstand the concept of sin. When all is good, and sin arises, good and evil become realized. Therefore, all men are cursed to it.
There's a reason why they call it a plague. In a perfect world, there is none, and by extension, no evil can potentially result from sin.
Sin= to miss the point.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
I think you misunderstand the concept of sin. When all is good, and sin arises, good and evil become realized. Therefore, all men are cursed to it.
There's a reason why they call it sin. In a perfect world, there is none, and by extension, no evil can potentially result from sin.

how can sin arise when all is good?

Sum1sGruj

does perfect = good

free will is mandatory, we have no say about it
:D

Free will is part of a perfect life form. Otherwise, can you really call it life? Maybe scientifically, but not truthfully.
Perfection is an opinion, and therefore perfection and flaw are a duality.
Genesis doesn't speak of perfect, but of good.
But nonetheless, the general concensus of perfect, whether it's realized or not, was Adam and Eve.

Because you have free will, you can call it mandatory. Or the gift of life. :D
If you look further into the conception of life, then free will and life is also a duality.
So life is mandatory.
Even in death..
Heaven and Hell

Last edited:

Sum1sGruj

Quite easily. Life is merely a very, very good Von Neumann machine. Why would we be any different?

It would be considered life. If such a machine could actually be conceived to have the logic, reason, and emotion exactly that of human. Which I highly doubt. And it would likely go renegade due to the chaos principle. What a life form that is, controlled by numbers.
But even then, it's only life to a degree. When it dies, it dies. Not exactly what life is with Godly intrigue.

Last edited: