• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idolatry in America

Jeremiah Ames

Many in America have surrendered their souls to the demons of this world. The masses are enamored with their three favorite gods.

They worship fame, fortune and self. Since most cannot obtain either fame or fortune, they transfer their worship to movie stars, singers, athletes, politicians, and other celebrities. But the worship of self is alive and well.

This demonic obsession with idol worship has extended to their choices for leadership. We now have a national leadership that reflects this evil, all the way to the top.

They plot their evil schemes of misery, poverty, death and destruction. They hire mouthpieces to spew lies and deception, using words like: defense, security, middle class relief. And yet we get death from endless wars of offense, insecurity, poverty, misery, along with the bondage of unpayable debt. The younger generations will have no concept what a middle class is, let alone relief.

The controlled and manipulated stock market hits new highs daily.
The same people who wouldn’t touch a stock when the market was at 8000 now speak of the next milestone like it’s a forgone conclusion. I’ve seen this movie before, 4 times in my life. Spoiler alert: it doesn’t have a happy ending.

The demonic inspired leadership is offering us incomprehensibly huge offense budgets along with trickle down poverty and misery, designed specifically so a select few can live like kings. They package their crafty plans as something opposite to what they plan to deliver. They misdirect the people from what’s truly happening by creating circuses and entertainment. I’ve seen this movie twice before in my life. Sadly, no happy endings here either, except for a very few.

What will be the future outcome be for this idolatrous nation?

What will the new year bring? And the years after that?

More peace or more death and destruction?

More sickness and poverty or less?

More games and circuses (and childish tweeting) to keep our minds from the human suffering all around us?

Does anyone care? Is anyone home?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't believe in idolatry.

But I do believe that there's often a mismatch between what a person calls their gods and what their true gods are. My traditions emphasizes deed over creed - "believing in" a deity is meaningless, as the meaning lies in active devotion to that deity through practices and work. It is not uncommon to see someone paying mere lip service to a deity but not follow through on that with any practice. I would call such a deity a "false god" for that person. Their "true gods," then, are the ones they do put work and practice into. Frequently, these "true gods" are not called gods by them at all.

In that vein, @Gerry, I agree that Americans have a problem with worshiping "false gods" in the sense explained above, and that they frequently fail to recognize their "true gods." I've often remarked that the true god of most Americans is the Spirit of Money. Americans spend an inordinate amount of time pursuing it and fussing over it. Capitalism is the state religion, and is not to be questioned or subverted.

Is this a problem? Well, that depends on your values. I'm not one to tell people who their gods should and shouldn't be. If someone wants to worship the Spirit of Money, more power to them. Where I have a problem is when what someone is worshiping - where someone is investing their time, energy, and devotion - doesn't match up with their values. That's another kind of "false god" that should be avoided. I like to see people be true to themselves in what they worship, whatever that might be. It sounds simple, but it is a difficult goal to reach.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Many in America have surrendered their souls to the demons of this world. The masses are enamored with their three favorite gods.

They worship fame, fortune and self. Since most cannot obtain either fame or fortune, they transfer their worship to movie stars, singers, athletes, politicians, and other celebrities. But the worship of self is alive and well.

This demonic obsession with idol worship has extended to their choices for leadership. We now have a national leadership that reflects this evil, all the way to the top.

They plot their evil schemes of misery, poverty, death and destruction. They hire mouthpieces to spew lies and deception, using words like: defense, security, middle class relief. And yet we get death from endless wars of offense, insecurity, poverty, misery, along with the bondage of unpayable debt. The younger generations will have no concept what a middle class is, let alone relief.

The same people who wouldn’t touch a stock when the market was at 8000 now speak of the next milestone like it’s a forgone conclusion. I’ve seen this movie before, 4 times in my life. Spoiler alert: it doesn’t have a happy ending.

The demonic inspired leadership is offering us incomprehensibly huge offense budgets along with trickle down poverty and misery, designed specifically so a select few can live like kings. They package their crafty plans as something opposite to what they plan to deliver. They misdirect the people from what’s truly happening by creating circuses and entertainment. I’ve seen this movie twice before in my life. Sadly, no happy endings here either, except for a very few.

More games and circuses (and childish tweeting) to keep our minds from the human suffering all around us?

I dont see these things apart from myself. We all have demons, if you like. What do you have that the rest of us do not. Fame. A lot of people are protective of their reputation. You see this in jobs, not al political and goverment, but lowe class where employees are so protective of their position as to get people fired or undermine lower class.

Foturne? Who in the states, in the city can live without finding value in a raise, promotion, or badge? Does money literally put food your table? No. Work does. Its not necessary but We have created a society like that. Nuns, monks, etc live without these extra things.

Self? When you go to work, hang out with friends, etc do you make yourself presentable,? Why? Your work doesnt change by how you look. Your friends should love You (and you them) regardless. We-you, me, others, have created in many countries the need to take care of self first then others. Not all think that way.

People dont want to pay taxes because they feel the government is cheating them. People like me live alone, my own apt, food, clothing, safe neighborhood compared under 84 a year by your taxes. Cant work.

Its a balance. Id love to have a full time job while other want to quit because of their boss or medium pay.

Its not demons. We-individual people as a whole-take advantage of the system (states) and power-the world-an never attribute ourselves as the problem just other people on the news.

We All idolize. It has a negative connotation. It doesnt need to be.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The best answer I know to the OP questions is from a song:

Song of the Avatars (Words by David Spangler; Music by Milenko Matanovic)

When righteousness declines
And wickedness is strong,
In the dying of an age
As a new age comes along,
That is when I rise again
And yet again to light the flame
Of truth within the sons of men.

I am Light.
I am Truth.
I am the fire of the Son.
I am the hope of all the earth,
The spirit of the One.

When men have lost their way
And know not where to turn,
And the future seems to end
Where the fires of hatred burn,
Then let men look within
To see the rising of my flame
Of love to light the way again.

I am Love.
I am Truth.
I am the power of the Son.
I am the Light within all men
The spirit of the One.

When darkness seeks to hold
The hears of men in fear,
When men cry out for help
And no one seems to hear,
To shatter forms enslaving men
To let a newer world be born.

I am Light.
I am Truth.
I am the freedom of the Son.
I am the destiny of Man,
The triumph of the One.

Jeremiah Ames

I don't believe in idolatry.

But I do believe that there's often a mismatch between what a person calls their gods and what their true gods are. My traditions emphasizes deed over creed - "believing in" a deity is meaningless, as the meaning lies in active devotion to that deity through practices and work. It is not uncommon to see someone paying mere lip service to a deity but not follow through on that with any practice. I would call such a deity a "false god" for that person. Their "true gods," then, are the ones they do put work and practice into. Frequently, these "true gods" are not called gods by them at all.

In that vein, @Gerry, I agree that Americans have a problem with worshiping "false gods" in the sense explained above, and that they frequently fail to recognize their "true gods." I've often remarked that the true god of most Americans is the Spirit of Money. Americans spend an inordinate amount of time pursuing it and fussing over it. Capitalism is the state religion, and is not to be questioned or subverted.

Is this a problem? Well, that depends on your values. I'm not one to tell people who their gods should and shouldn't be. If someone wants to worship the Spirit of Money, more power to them. Where I have a problem is when what someone is worshiping - where someone is investing their time, energy, and devotion - doesn't match up with their values. That's another kind of "false god" that should be avoided. I like to see people be true to themselves in what they worship, whatever that might be. It sounds simple, but it is a difficult goal to reach.
Thanks for your thoughtful response

Jeremiah Ames

I'm sorry, but when was this not the case?? It's been a long time since there was a non-celebrity, idolized president.
Let me think.
Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Carter, both Bushes, Clinton & Obama are the only ones who come to mind in my lifetime.

However, that completely missed the question.

Jeremiah Ames

The best answer I know to the OP questions is from a song:

Song of the Avatars (Words by David Spangler; Music by Milenko Matanovic)

When righteousness declines
And wickedness is strong,
In the dying of an age
As a new age comes along,
And yet again to light the flame
Of truth within the sons of men.

I am Light.
I am Truth.
I am the fire of the Son.
I am the hope of all the earth,
The spirit of the One.

When men have lost their way
And know not where to turn,
And the future seems to end
Where the fires of hatred burn,
Then let men look within
To see the rising of my flame
Of love to light the way again.

I am Love.
I am Truth.
I am the power of the Son.
I am the Light within all men
The spirit of the One.

When darkness seeks to hold
The hears of men in fear,
When men cry out for help
And no one seems to hear,
To shatter forms enslaving men
To let a newer world be born.

I am Light.
I am Truth.
I am the freedom of the Son.
I am the destiny of Man,
The triumph of the One.
Nice Carlita

gnomon

Oh to be young and naive and full of oneself.

Generalized arguments! Always get's people going.

Vague complaints.......another rabble rouser.

****ing boring childish nonsense. That's the favorite.

In the meantime......

In the meantime.....

But to actually offer up a specific argument regarding a very specific issue............

That's a challenge.