• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Identity in Christ

Treks

Hello

I've been on a journey recently learning more about finding my identity in Christ. It seems to me that it is an essential, fundamental, critical part of faith, yet as soon as I grasp it, it slips away from me. But it feels like growth in the right direction.

So, what does the phrase "identity in Christ" bring to mind for you? Does the phrase "Christ-like" have baggage for you? Is it important that we bring ourselves into alignment with Christ, that we make His identity our identity, and that's how we become children of God? Is this what it means for Jesus to be the way, the truth, and the life? You're invited to share any other thoughts on this topic. :)

I thought this YouTube video was very helpful:

Thanks
Treks

Treks

Could a moderator please move this thread into the Protestantism DIR? I accidentally put it in the wrong place, sorry.

Many thanks.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
This is very good. I always say that when we build something complicated, just go to the manual. You get the end result as you take the instruction booklet and follow the instructions.

So the end result of "made in His image and in His likeness" is achieved as we "renew our minds" or replacing the stinking thinking and condemnation to the thoughts that God has for us as we are "transformed by the renewing of our minds" (soul)