• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Identical Wisdom of Buddha, Christ, Muhammad and Bahaullah - part one

InvestigateTruth

In the continuation of threads related to evidence of Oneness of Founders of Great religion, here are shown These Holy Beings, are like an All-knowing doctors who speak only according to the requirements of Their time, and the capacity of People to bear and hear Their Words. Here are some quotes from various scriptures;

In the The Sutra of Mañjuśrī’s Questions
Manjusri asks If the Buddha is omniscient, why does he not realize ahead of time certain things....Buddha replies:

"Mañjuśrī, I am like the doctor.....Although
I have prior understanding of these things I do not speak of them when the time is not right. ..... If any sentient being is able to listen to the Dharma, I will preach it for them.
If they cannot stand to listen, I will not do so.
"

Same Wisdom is seen in the Words of Bahaullah. First we note, both Buddha and Bahaullah refer to themselves as an "All-knowing Doctor" :

"The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. "

The second part of Buddha's statement, is about the wisdom of speaking to people according to their capacity they can stand. Same wisdom is seen in the following quote from Bahaullah:

"How manifold are the truths which must remain unuttered until the appointed time is come! Even as it hath been said: “Not everything that a man knoweth can be disclosed, nor can everything that he can disclose be regarded as timely, nor can every timely utterance be considered as suited to the capacity of those who hear it.”
Of these truths some can be disclosed only to the extent of the capacity of the repositories of the light of Our knowledge, and the recipients of Our hidden grace. "

In the words of Jesus, as recorded in Bible:

Jesus said to His disciples: "I still have many things to say, but you cannot bear it now!"

And in the words of Muhammad, as recorded in the Book "Al-Kafi" :

The holy Prophet (s.a.) has said, "We the community of the Prophets are commanded to speak to people up to the level of their intelligence and understanding."

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
All the teachings look similar because they all contain the truth. the difference is that they was tought in different times to different people. so even there is similarities you find also differences. That does not mean any of the teachings are wrong, You can choose to follow the path you feel is right for you, and when done in a propper way you will gain results for you self

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

All the teachings look similar because they all contain the truth. the difference is that they was tought in different times to different people. so even there is similarities you find also differences. That does not mean any of the teachings are wrong, You can choose to follow the path you feel is right for you, and when done in a propper way you will gain results for you self
Yes, the essence of teachings are the same. But the Rites are different only. In our view, if Buddha had appeared among the Jews, 2000 years ago, He would have said exactly same things that Jesus said, with no difference, and If Jesue had appeared in India, at the same place and time, Buddha appeared, He would have said exactly same things as Buddha said. The differences that we see between some of the Rites or social teachings of Jesus and Buddha, are only due to the requirements of the Time and Place. Religion is built within a culture people live with. From all these, I am saying, from the same and One Source of Enlighnment, Jesus, Buddha, Bahaullah, and Other Holy Beings had been manifested.