• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wonder if animals get embarrassed

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure a dog can be embarrassed for a short while when getting scolded. But I don't think dogs or other animals really look back at past things they've done and feel shame over it.

That strikes me as true Freedom, having no regrets or no shame. I bet that they stay in the present moment and don't fear the Future either.

Anyway, Hitler used to tell stories about the horror of slaughterhouses, to discourage people from eating meat. He made animal cruelty a crime. Perhaps he wasn't evil in all of his ways and deeds. He was a bit of an animal himself.... oh wait, that's an insult to animals!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
ABSOLUTELY!

There was a dog that the owner said "Do NOT sleep on my chair!" and SWAT HIM GOOD! And the dog went away with his head down, embarrassed.

The next day the owner opened the door and saw him again on HIS chair and SWAT HIM GOOD! shouting "DO NOT sleep on may chair!" and the dog went away with his head down embarrassed.

The next day the owner opened the door and just say the dog going away with his head down. Thinking about it he went to his chair and felt it... it was warm. So he went and SWAT HIM GOOD! shouting "DO NOT sleep on may chair!" and the dog went away with his head down, embarrassed.

The next day the owner opened the door and he saw his dog blowing on the owner chair with his tail wagging!

Stanyon

WWMRD?
There is a video on YouTube of a chimpanzee masturbating with a frog, I almost posted it but I figured some of the perverts here would like it so I didn't.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
There is a video on YouTube of a chimpanzee masturbating with a frog, I almost posted it but I figured some of the perverts here would like it so I didn't.
Last I heard you were a hunter. Before shooting another animal, ask yourself, WWHD (what would Hitler do)
Adolf-Hitler-soft-side-feeding-deer-884197.jpg

pearl

My daughter has a wheaten terrier, 14 years old. He's a real trouper, doesn't seem to be embarrassed even though he is now in diapers.

Milton Platt

I'm pretty sure a dog can be embarrassed for a short while when getting scolded. But I don't think dogs or other animals really look back at past things they've done and feel shame over it.

That strikes me as true Freedom, having no regrets or no shame. I bet that they stay in the present moment and don't fear the Future either.

Anyway, Hitler used to tell stories about the horror of slaughterhouses, to discourage people from eating meat. He made animal cruelty a crime. Perhaps he wasn't evil in all of his ways and deeds. He was a bit of an animal himself.... oh wait, that's an insult to animals!

Embarrassment is a complex and nuanced emotion. Studies have shown other higher primates exhibiting behavior that mimics embarrassment, but one should be cautious about anthropomorphizing such behavior.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Watch a cat fall off something. Their reaction sure looks like embarrassment.