• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wish I was born in another universe!

I was raised Roman Catholic but over time me and this religion have fallen apart. I live in an very liberal place in North America! Perhaps culture makes you more liberal or conservative.

I wish I was born into an better universe created by a more compassionate empathetic liberal creator! I wish humanity's ultimate destiny is to become an interstellar civilization and master virtual reality as well as coexisting with AI rather than being enslaved by an anti Christ and have an apocalyptic final battle then rescued by the creator. That sounds like some silly fantasy novel.

I wish I was born in an universe where the creator does not throw people into pools of fire.

However if I die and I am asked if I accept Jesus Christ as my savior I would say yes!

I feel like a terrible person.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I was raised Roman Catholic but over time me and this religion have fallen apart. I live in an very liberal place in North America! Perhaps culture makes you more liberal or conservative.

I wish I was born into an better universe created by a more compassionate empathetic liberal creator! I wish humanity's ultimate destiny is to become an interstellar civilization and master virtual reality as well as coexisting with AI rather than being enslaved by an anti Christ and have an apocalyptic final battle then rescued by the creator. That sounds like some silly fantasy novel.

I wish I was born in an universe where the creator does not throw people into pools of fire.

However if I die and I am asked if I accept Jesus Christ as my savior I would say yes!

There's zero evidence anybody's consciousness supersedes its mind's cerebral death; hence, there's no reason for anybody in his rightful mind to worry about eternal torment.

dianaiad

It wouldn't matter what universe you were born in...you would still be you, and probably wishing you had been born in THIS one.

BTW, Roman Catholics do not believe that hell is "pools of fire." I didn't THINK they did, but I went to Catholic Answers and found this:

Are the “Flames” of Hell Literal?

It should be understood that both the joy of heaven and the pains of Hell are indescribable this side of eternity. And just as the Church warns against seeing heaven as a “worldly” sort of extension of life on this earth, so it is with Hell. The inspired authors cannot describe Hell adequately using human language; thus, the “flames of fire” are simply the most painful things we can imagine on this earth used to attempt to describe the indescribable to some degree.

So, are the “flames of fire” of Hell literal? No, they are not. In fact, it should be obvious that they are not literal right now because the souls in Hell do not presently have bodies. You can’t “light up” a soul with a match.

This is a very long article, explaining Catholic dogma regarding hell. So if you are looking for a universe where God doesn't do that, well.....this universe is a pretty good one. In fact, very few Christians believe in a literal place where the damned burn forever in a 'lake of fire." The mention of literal flames is a metaphor.

In fact, it seems that Catholics and Mormons (I'm one of the latter) agree on what hell is: complete separation from God and God's influence. The 'torment' of that is evidently huge...and mental/spiritual, not physical.

Dunno if that would help you any, but, well....

ANYway, this 'universe' (or at least this world, the nation you live in, your neighborhood and your family) would have to deal with you as you are. If you want a more peaceful. loving place, you can't worry about what other people do, or blame the evil upon God. You need to be the peace where you are. If we all did that, every 'universe' would be the one you would prefer to live in.

Jeremiah Ames

Do not fear.
You will NOT be thrown into a pool of fire for eternity, unless that’s what you want.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. :)
Don't worry, there is no Lake of Fire. That was written just to scare people but humanity has evolved spiritually since the Bible was written so we don't need scare tactics anymore because we can understand plain English.

Hell is simply distance from God and heaven is nearness to God, and we can be in heaven or hell in this life or in the afterlife. The caveat is that if we do not get close to God in this life, it might be a lot harder in the afterlife, and it might even be impossible... Best to do it now while we still have free will.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

You are born into such a creation that has many aspects and for eternity. It size can not be comprehended.

We will traverse time and space easily and swiftly and it is via our Faith in God that we will be united in a common purpose.

Have Faith that God will grant you that purpose, if your heart so desires.

Regards Tony