• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I used to attend what many refer to today as church, but

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No one would probably give you a good reason to do so, you'd have to do it yourself. Experience, be willing to dive into it
I'm not about to lower my standards of evidence just to try to accept your favourite claims.

I also see no reason to make your fantastic claim a higher priority than all the other fantastic claims that I also don't see support for. I get that you think your claims are justified, but I don't see this as compelling at all.

GodInUs

I'm not about to lower my standards of evidence just to try to accept your favourite claims.

I also see no reason to make your fantastic claim a higher priority than all the other fantastic claims that I also don't see support for. I get that you think your claims are justified, but I don't see this as compelling at all.

Yeah, o.k., so......Good for you! Good job! What would you like me to say to make you feel all better now that is since we're not getting anywhere here?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yeah, o.k., so......Good for you! Good job! What would you like me to say to make you feel all better now that is since we're not getting anywhere here?
I think that you have done a pretty good job of making Penguin feel superior already, by reducing your conversation to sarcasm.
At least, it worked for me.
Tom

GodInUs

I think that you have done a pretty good job of making Penguin feel superior already, by reducing your conversation to sarcasm.
At least, it worked for me.
Tom
I'm glad I could make him feel that way, that's great ! It sounds like it worked for you too, even better ! Is there anything I can help you with your childishness behavior or is it a trait you prefer to shower all over this site with others?

GodInUs

I suppose a cogent response to post #147 is too much to ask?
Tom
<Oh my! Tommy here is referring all the way back to #'d previous posts, poor little thing :rolleyes:>
I couldn't help but notice in your profile it said you are 60, I find that hard to believe.
Are you acting childish because your trying so hard to go back and behave like you did when you were a child, just to hopefully put more years on your life?
Your trying to act like a child just to see if that would increase the longevity in your years to live, is that right?

Are you a scientist? I bet you are, you act like your a child genius. Like a child's brain in an adult body, your amazing!
The Penguin I bet doesn't realize how lucky he is to have you in his posse or wait or are you the genius ring leader?

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
<Oh my! Tommy here is referring all the way back to #'d previous posts, poor little thing :rolleyes:>
I couldn't help but notice in your profile it said you are 60, I find that hard to believe.
Are you acting childish because your trying so hard to go back and behave like you did when you were a child, just to hopefully put more years on your life?
Your trying to act like a child just to see if that would increase the longevity in your years to live, is that right?

Are you a scientist? I bet you are, you act like your a child genius. Like a child's brain in an adult body, your amazing! The Penguin I bet doesn't realize how lucky he is to have you in his posse or wait or are you the genius ring leader?

tI lla smees os sdrawkcab ta semit
Tom

GodInUs

tI lla smees os sdrawkcab ta semit
Tom
Be careful, that's copyrighted! The power of suggestion, that was kool. Subliminal thoughts. Hey have you told the rest of your posse that your talking with me, just so that I can be popular like you? Oh, wait, no, don't do that, they wouldn't believe you anyways, lamo!!!

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Hey have you told the rest of your posse that your talking with me,
I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not about you.
RF tends to slow down on weekends and pick up on Monday, when more people are willing to pretend to be at work while posting.
Tom

GodInUs

What's amusing is that you think I care about your favorite number.
Tom
oop there I go again amused you without even trying!
Why would I think that you would really care. I mean this isn't an intelligent back and forth here.
I don't think you realize how difficult this is for me, and very different and strange for me to where I don't even have to use my brain to talk to you.
Were you hoping that I would copy/paste a cute little story for you?

GodInUs

I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not about you.
RF tends to slow down on weekends and pick up on Monday, when more people are willing to pretend to be at work while posting.
Tom
Are you serious!? All this time I thought it was truly about me. See there you go again, genius. Your incredible!

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I mean this isn't an intelligent back and forth here.
I don't think you realize how difficult this is for me, and very different and strange for me to where I don't even have to use my brain to talk to you.
Possibly that's because you spend a great deal of time in a bubble of Christians, who don't question your unsupported assertions and illusions of grandeur.
Because they share them.

I could be wrong. But it would explain your tendency to dodge conversations with unimpressive sarcasm. Sarcasm is something I know a bit about.
Tom

GodInUs

No I dodge it with sarcasm because I could care less what YOU think, quite simple really. I wasn't amused with your introduction, it displayed an immaturity, in other words I wasn't impressed. You were talking too much BS before knowing the person you were typing too, to me that's not really intelligent, just dumb. Blaaah !

GodInUs

Possibly that's because you spend a great deal of time in a bubble of Christians, who don't question your unsupported assertions and illusions of grandeur.
Because they share them.

I could be wrong. But it would explain your tendency to dodge conversations with unimpressive sarcasm. Sarcasm is something I know a bit about.
Tom
I can tell your full of insults too, automatic presumption(s) about people doesn't speak intelligence, it speaks immaturity. There are MANY things I could easily presume about anyone, but if I really don't know them personally, means nothing at all really.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm extremely late to the party. But 'was no longer a Christian' was covered already.
I still actually go to churches several times a week, ironically, just not for services. Rather, for various community service activities as a volunteer.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Not any more,
but for years going to UU three times, Catholic two times, a mosque and a Pentecostal once each, was a normal week.
Tom
For me it's a Baptist church(local community garden), a Korean mission church(gleaning association and food bank donation, giving garden), and a Methodist church(weight loss support group) weekly (and yes I did have to look them up because I forgot which each of them were.) And once to a random local church where red cross is doing blood donations every few months.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
And once to a random local church where red cross is doing blood donations every few months.
Where I live, men who have had sex with another man in the last year aren't allowed to donate blood.
:(
Tom
ETA ~That was true for so long I kinda stopped bothering. I should Google to see if it's still true.~