• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i think jesus was confused...or maybe luke and john were

sincerly

ahh...
it was the destruction of the...
lets see,

i'll give you a hint. it starts with a T

:facepalm:

Sorry, waitasec, there are those who have been disagreeing with me concerning that "Temple" bit. They claim that there is more than one way to get around that sacrifice in the "Temple".
Therfore, accordingly, they haven't changed.

You are still spectulating and still off-topic.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Sorry, waitasec, there are those who have been disagreeing with me concerning that "Temple" bit. They claim that there is more than one way to get around that sacrifice in the "Temple".

:spit:
:biglaugh:

you're funny, thanks for the entertainment.

sincerly

:spit:
:biglaugh:

you're funny, thanks for the entertainment.

You are welcome!
Neither Jesus nor the disciples were Confused-----Hopefully, by the second coming of Jesus Christ, all will understand the wisdom of believing the Truth.

punkdbass

I will be what I will be

You are still spectulating and still off-topic.

are you serious sincerly?

It's really hard for me to not say something harsh regarding your ignorance right now but Judaism went through some major changes after the destruction of the 2nd Temple.. Levite would be able to explain them to you a lot better than I could. For example, Id say around 250 of the 613 commandments relate to sacrifices or things that had to be done at the Temple. After the Temple was destroyed, several hundred of the commandments could no longer be observed... so yes, some changes inevitably occurred. The power of Talmud grew and kept the Jews together as one people, and helped explain to Jews how to live a Jewish life despite not having a Temple - thus it prevented Judaism from becoming extinct. Prayer and acts of tsedaka(righteousness/charity) then became the official substitute for animal sacrifices which could no longer be made.

to say that Judaism didnt change at all once the Temple was destroyed is just utter nonsense.

Last edited:

sincerly

are you serious sincerly?

It's really hard for me to not say something harsh regarding your ignorance right now but Judaism went through some major changes after the destruction of the 2nd Temple.. Levite would be able to explain them to you a lot better than I could. For example, Id say around 250 of the 613 commandments relate to sacrifices or things that had to be done at the Temple. After the Temple was destroyed, several hundred of the commandments could no longer be observed... so yes, some changes inevitably occurred. The power of Talmud grew and kept the Jews together as one people, and helped explain to Jews how to live a Jewish life despite not having a Temple - thus it prevented Judaism from becoming extinct. Prayer and acts of tsedaka(righteousness/charity) then became the official substitute for animal sacrifices which could no longer be made.

to say that Judaism didnt change at all once the Temple was destroyed is just utter nonsense.

sincerly said:
Therefore, accordingly, they haven't changed.

Hi punkdbass, "they" refers to the attitude of the people. Yes, there are physical changes and therefore, some ideological ones which came about by the decisions of the Jewish leaders.(as you stated.)
However, those were prophesied---but rejected then and now by those "substitutions" as you admit.
Didn't Cain "substitute", also, and was rejected?

"Official??" The Commandments/Decalogue are the only "OFFICIAL" indicators og what is SIN/Disobedience now.
Yes, there is no need for the animal sacrifices today, as Jesus Christ(Messiah) was the correct "substitution" at the fulfilling of those Prophecies. Neither is there any need for the "Temple" for it was only "for the time then present" and a pattern of the original where Jesus is ministering as our High Priest---In Heaven, at the throne of GOD.

That "Temple" was destroyed in AD 70 and will not be rebuilt.
Had The LORD GOD ALMIGHTY wanted it to be restored, it would had been completed may centuries ago. The "Temple's" mission was completed with the Sacrifice of Jesus---not upon the "altar", but upon the Cross.