• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I struggle with ugly language.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
It is a reflection of feeling out of control. Please pray that I can stop using ugly language, because it makes God very broken hearted.

PureX

Veteran Member
It is a reflection of feeling out of control. Please pray that I can stop using ugly language, because it makes God very broken hearted.
Why don't you pray for the courage, strength, and wisdom to help you stand against your fears instead of seeking divine intercession? I've heard it said that God helps those who are willing to help themselves.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
When every third word was a cuss word in my life, all I did was submerge myself in God's word. Woke up reading. Turned on the TV--Christian messages, turned on the radio, Christian music.

In three months I was cuss free.

Also, you aren't breaking God's heart any more than a baby breaks a mother's heart when he poops his diapers. He looks at your heart. He cleans us up and puts on a new pair of diapers until we grow up.

Earthling

David Henson

Does it? When God called the idols of the nations and unfaithful Jews "dungy" i.e. "****ty" "filthy" "excrement" did those words break his heart or was he using appropriate words?

The very early Christians [Edit: Or it might have been the Jews] had a play on words which called Satan "The Lord Of ****."

There's nothing obscene about words. For everyone that tells you one word isn't acceptable they can give you 5 or more words that mean the same but aren't obscene. It's nonsense propagated by the religious and the over educated quasi intellectuals.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
Does it? When God called the idols of the nations and unfaithful Jews "dungy" i.e. "****ty" "filthy" "excrement" did those words break his heart or was he using appropriate words?

The very early Christians [Edit: Or it might have been the Jews] had a play on words which called Satan "The Lord Of ****."

There's nothing obscene about words. For everyone that tells you one word isn't acceptable they can give you 5 or more words that mean the same but aren't obscene. It's nonsense propagated by the religious and the over educated quasi intellectuals.
Wow, I did not know that. I do want a calmer temper though for Yeshua's sake.

Earthling

David Henson
When every third word was a cuss word in my life, all I did was submerge myself in God's word. Woke up reading. Turned on the TV--Christian messages, turned on the radio, Christian music.

In three months I was cuss free.

Oh, my goodness gracious! Three months of Christian TV and Music?!

I would have killed myself the second week.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Oh, my goodness gracious! Three months of Christian TV and Music?!

I would have killed myself the second week.
LOL!!!

My wife and I were just HUNGRY! Not "hungry". He had turned our marriage around in 24 hours and we were blank pages. He just flipped the switch and we were on fire.!

Will do, brother. One scripture that can help chastise you to change is, " But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken." (Matthew12:36)
Really good scripture to keep in mind every time you feel the need to use 'ugly language'.

In peace