• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I read these verses and thought about this forum

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
How about this out of context verse that Jesus spoke:
Luke 21:15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict.

Unfortunately, some Christians don't seem to have this wisdom.

Beaudreaux

I have met so many smart and wise people on here, way beyond my knowledge level, and when I read these verses, I kind of felt sorry for a lot of these people, just as I know a lot of them feel sorry for me because I follow an old book. Anyway here are the verses:

18: For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19: For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20: Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21: For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22: For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness
24: But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25: Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26: For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty
28: And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29: That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30: But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
These verses are consistent with my understanding of Christianity. They are an example of what a human being must do to be a Christian. In short, you must confront daily evidence that you are wrong and ignore it.
  • Wise people are really NOT wise.
  • Children die painful deaths because of AIDS but God IS good.
  • I pray for God to heal a young man from MS and he dies anyway but God DOES answer prayers.
  • The theory of evolution shows that extremely intelligent people are NOT intelligent.
  • A small minority of people in India decide to follow Jesus, but everyone has an EQUAL CHANCE to choose God.
Up is down. Black is white. If you value the gray matter between your ears at all, this whole excercise becomes VERY tiring and demoralizing.

Just_me_Mike

These verses are consistent with my understanding of Christianity. They are an example of what a human being must do to be a Christian. In short, you must confront daily evidence that you are wrong and ignore it.
  • Wise people are really NOT wise.
  • Children die painful deaths because of AIDS but God IS good.
  • I pray for God to heal a young man from MS and he dies anyway but God DOES answer prayers.
  • The theory of evolution shows that extremely intelligent people are NOT intelligent.
  • A small minority of people in India decide to follow Jesus, but everyone has an EQUAL CHANCE to choose God.
Up is down. Black is white. If you value the gray matter between your ears at all, this whole excercise becomes VERY tiring and demoralizing.

Interestingly the bible says that "the fear of God is the begining of wisdom"
You are right, it is humbling and base to have to do what you are saying. Then again, God did it too, being Jesus and going through what he went through. All very wierd.

Side note, you don't have to follow jesus to be a christian, so your india example doesn't work.

u got THAT right. Church as we know it today is something Jesus hates because of the heirarchy and politics in this. (Rev. 2:6)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Beaudreaux

thats because they arent real christians would be my guess
Hey werallwrong,

If you hit the "Quote" button under the post to which you're replying then the text of that post will appear in your response. That way we'll know to whom you're responding.

Just_me_Mike

u dont have to follow Jesus to be a christian? lol WHAT?!
Yes this is true is certain regards. There are those that have never heard of Jesus, and have died. God states in Romans, that these people could have had the laws of God in there heart, which can be used just as Jesus is used for salvation. In other words having the laws in ther heart is as good as having Jesus. It doesn't guarentee salvation, just that God can use that to save you.
:)