• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Need Help With my computer

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I purchased a new computer about 8 days ago and I am at my wits end. It started kicking up a Icon which contains a notice that a fatal error has happened with Java. I have called the Tech support and after 2 times of trying to work the problem out they charged me $60.00 to talk to the "experts" with Java. Now since I have gotten to the higher level of "Techs" I have called them 6x and the problem seems to have vanished only to return......
Should I take this computer back while I'm in my "lemon" and try another computer? My daughter has the same type and has had no problems with it.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME and give me some ideas?:shrug:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
If it is new, ya I'd take it back.

My kid had a problem with his java, a while back. Seems some virus messed it up, and we couldn't upgrade or remove the bad java. The only way we could fix it was install Open Office which has a java bundled with it. You could try that, it's a good office suite anyways.

OpenOffice.org Downloads

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Take it back to the store you bought it from and get them to fix it or exchange it.

The tech's say the computer is fine and it is the Java, but I think there is some reason that it does not download correctly.....
By jove I do believe that I have a glitch in my computer...Just my luck
If I had 100 computers in the store and only one with a probem, Oh well you know the story. :facepalm:

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
First of all, buying a laptop at a shop is a fool's game. Yes, return it. and Purchase your computer online. You will be able to choose all the specifications and software.
You even get great deals online.
Dell
HP
I recommend the actual dell and hp sites, you can configure the computer to your liking.
Of course you can find desktop computer deals too on that site.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
First of all, buying a laptop at a shop is a fool's game. Yes, return it. and Purchase your computer online. You will be able to choose all the specifications and software.
You even get great deals online.
Dell
HP
I recommend the actual dell and hp sites, you can configure the computer to your liking.
Of course you can find desktop computer deals too on that site.

Mine is a desktop, HP.....I love it except for this problem....I'm worried that it will crash my computer if it keeps up

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
Mine is a desktop, HP.....I love it except for this problem....I'm worried that it will crash my computer if it keeps up

Best thing to do would be to return it and get a replacement, failing that, try installing ubuntu linux on it.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Could you post exactly what the error message says?
(Copy-paste it if possible).

That might help us narrow the problem down somewhat.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Could you post exactly what the error message says?
(Copy-paste it if possible).

That might help us narrow the problem down somewhat.

I'm not good with doing a lot of things on this and I'm in the learning process now.
When I click the icon it says....Fatal error has occured with Java.....and to me fatal isn't good.......it sounds too final, like death for this new computer if it continues.:computer:

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
I'm not good with doing a lot of things on this and I'm in the learning process now.
When I click the icon it says....Fatal error has occured with Java.....and to me fatal isn't good.......it sounds too final, like death for this new computer if it continues.:computer:

Again, I think you need to be more specific and try to get the error message down correctly. A quick search with that message and your tread here is literarily the only thing showing up. ;)

freethinker44

You could always do a clean install of your operating system. It is probably not a hardware issue. Just reinstall your OS and install all extras and plug-ins ans you need them. Thats what I usually do when I get a new computer anyways. They are usually preloaded with a bunch of junk and adware, so get rid of that crap.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Java is causing your computer to crash? I think this is a time when you should take advantage of any warranty you may have on it and have it replaced, as others have suggested.