• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I love my job" - anyone?

Alceste

Vagabond
I really love my job. It's taken a while to get to that point, in that I've tried a LOT of other jobs, so I appreciate this one all the more. Good pay, free food, beautiful locations, new challenges every day - there's not much to not like about it.

Anybody else happy with their work? What do you like about it? How long did it take you to find something you love, and what else did you try along the way?

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
*raises hand*

Money is just now starting to be a reward. I think I'll be paying myself a substantial salary in the next 2 years, but I've been able every now and then to give myself a draw at the end of the month. Coolest feeling ever.

Started working toward the goal when I was 19. It's taken me almost 23 years to get to this point. Along the way, I've worked in sales, retail management, food service, child care, along with the various gigs in the performance arts.

Out of all the other jobs that gave me cash to subsist on, I liked child care the most. I have always been really good at it, so it was a natural extension of working with kids when the studio opened.

The one I hated the most was my corporate sales job. I made the most money from it. And I rose in the company very quickly. But it ate at my health like none other and made me feel like I lost my soul. I could travel first class and stay in the best rooms, eat the best food, and not have to think about money at all. But I felt like a horrible person much of the time working with a sociopathic company.

Nah. This? I love it.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I really like being a superhero except for the part about not being able to tell anybody . . .

(uh oh)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been telling myself for 34 years I love my job. I still look in the mirror and say "liar!" :D

There are times I absolutely love my job... mostly when there's a mystery or system disaster I have to figure out, no one else can, and I'm basically in control. On occasion, when someone (other than my boss) is questioning what I'm doing, what I should do, how I should do it, I step back, fold my arms and give them a

fff42edcbf301998b19edb45b38e024be37bf7b6_full.jpg

as if to say "have at it, be my guest". My boss just gets a

vivek-oberoi-angry-look-pic.jpg

and heads out da room.

I love my job. :D

Alceste

Vagabond
Raises hand*

Money is just now starting to be a reward. I think I'll be paying myself a substantial salary in the next 2 years, but I've been able every now and then to give myself a draw at the end of the month. Coolest feeling ever.

Started working toward the goal when I was 19. It's taken me almost 23 years to get to this point. Along the way, I've worked in sales, retail management, food service, child care, along with the various gigs in the performance arts.

Out of all the other jobs that gave me cash to subsist on, I liked child care the most. I have always been really good at it, so it was a natural extension of working with kids when the studio opened.

The one I hated the most was my corporate sales job. I made the most money from it. And I rose in the company very quickly. But it ate at my health like none other and made me feel like I lost my soul. I could travel first class and stay in the best rooms, eat the best food, and not have to think about money at all. But I felt like a horrible person much of the time working with a sociopathic company.

Nah. This? I love it.

Yeah, I also enjoyed child care and teaching the most out of any of my other jobs, corporate, public, small business, manufacturing, retail, shipping, technology, you name it.

The fact of the matter is, no matter what the purpose of most of my other jobs was supposed to be, my actual occupation was sitting on my *** in front of a computer in the same place with the same people day after day, doing more or less the same thing. I could never go more than a year our so in one of those jobs without a change. Moving house, moving to a new city, quitting to go traveling, etc. I think of how many people do that for a living and it just makes me sad.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The fact of the matter is, no matter what the purpose of most of my other jobs was supposed to be, my actual occupation was sitting on my *** in front of a computer in the same place with the same people day after day, doing more or less the same thing. I could never go more than a year our so in one of those jobs without a change. Moving house, moving to a new city, quitting to go traveling, etc. I think of how many people do that for a living and it just makes me sad.

Heh... that's what I do, but my current job is the first full-time job I've had that I'd describe as fun. :)

I get to do geeky stuff all day and get paid for it. And if I do it really well, I save lives. It's awesome.

Alceste

Vagabond
Heh... that's what I do, but my current job is the first full-time job I've had that I'd describe as fun. :)

I get to do geeky stuff all day and get paid for it. And if I do it really well, I save lives. It's awesome.

Actually, the one office job I did enjoy was doing something I felt was of significant benefit to the general public. Not saving lives, but monitoring government collection of personal information in the context of advocating privacy protection and higher data security standards.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I love my job and all of its change and challenges. I serve my community daily and motivate/cultivate others to support their community during crisis.

The day to day recovery work has come to an end (for me), but, I learned a lot from my experiences, particularly about the underprivileged in my community and their needs.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I love toolmaking!
Got a knack for it.

But there is a downside.
The people in charge typically know nothing about steel.
As long as they stay out of the toolroom.....all is well.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I love my job. It had made me realise that I love teaching/helping. It's convenient, flexible and suits my personality perfectly. I've rarely enjoyed previous jobs so I feel very lucky right now to have found such an amazing role.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I really love my job. It's taken a while to get to that point, in that I've tried a LOT of other jobs, so I appreciate this one all the more. Good pay, free food, beautiful locations, new challenges every day - there's not much to not like about it.

Anybody else happy with their work? What do you like about it? How long did it take you to find something you love, and what else did you try along the way?

excellent! What job did you find in the end? I'm going to guess........ Groundskeeper? Landscaper?