• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love dharmic religions

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
And part of the problem for me is God forgetting that fact in the first place.

God hasn't forgotten anything. We, like the poster stated above, attribute our identity to our body, our mind, our emotions, when our true identity is in God.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I agree

And according to this Truth, "all Hindus are alike", when seen from this POV

One minute you say ""I do not see my Faith as the Truth, hence I do not see other's Faith as superior or inferior either""
Next minute you say. ""And according to this Truth, "all Hindus are alike", when seen from this POV""
I suppose that would mean that you do see a common truth in Hinduism.
And if you call it a truth then that is your faith and you believe it.

Brian2

Veteran Member
God hasn't forgotten anything. We, like the poster stated above, attribute our identity to our body, our mind, our emotions, when our true identity is in God.

So we need to remember that we are God but we have not forgotten that.:)
Do you think that one day, maybe in the next cycle, God is going to remember what happened in the last cycle and decide that it was not a good thing and so to not pretend to be anyone but whom/what He is, because it caused problems and evil and nothing is achieved by the whole thing. Presumably we all remember who we are and unite with whom we are and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh no, here we go again, why am I doing this all over again? I'm the cause of all evil and I keep repeating my initial mistake, just for fun.
I bet you never get the thought that your God is just a bit insane,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe from being alone for so long.
Why doesn't God just create beings who aren't God and at least put some purpose and direction into the good and evil and learning etc that goes on.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
One minute you say ""I do not see my Faith as the Truth, hence I do not see other's Faith as superior or inferior either""
Next minute you say. ""And according to this Truth, "all Hindus are alike", when seen from this POV""
I suppose that would mean that you do see a common truth in Hinduism.
And if you call it a truth then that is your faith and you believe it.
You can't compare apples with bananas

The Truth I spoke of was "No one has the right to critisize other's feelings or religion". Bad actions (hurting others) can be judged (no one has the right to hurt innocent people; not sure if anyone is 100% innocent though), not their feelings or Faith "an sich". To judge other's feelings is just absurd if you would do that. Easy to understand, don't you think?

Of course they have the freedom to critisize, but not the right. But most people like to indulge in judging others, hence it's best to not share my feelings or Faith etc. Better not give them the opportunity

So, I was not speaking about some high Spiritual Truth, just some Common Sense Fact, easy to understand using discrimination power and some deduction

All religions provide ways that lead to Truth

Last edited:

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
So we need to remember that we are God but we have not forgotten that.:)
Do you think that one day, maybe in the next cycle, God is going to remember what happened in the last cycle and decide that it was not a good thing and so to not pretend to be anyone but whom/what He is, because it caused problems and evil and nothing is achieved by the whole thing. Presumably we all remember who we are and unite with whom we are and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh no, here we go again, why am I doing this all over again? I'm the cause of all evil and I keep repeating my initial mistake, just for fun.
I bet you never get the thought that your God is just a bit insane,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe from being alone for so long.
Why doesn't God just create beings who aren't God and at least put some purpose and direction into the good and evil and learning etc that goes on.

To be quite honest, I feel like I am just going in circles with you.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I'm not sure that's true. Thankfully.
From Hindu POV, we, as humans, are not the body nor the mind. So, "who Am I ?" is the question to be examined

When solved, I can see "we are all One"
When unsolved, it's impossible to see this

Brian2

Veteran Member
What archeological finds provide evidence for the veracity of Abrahamic religions?

The evidence that shows Israel in Egypt at the time and where they should have been.
The evidence that shows that the Bible is correct about the dating of the Exodus and that fits that conquest with the archaeology of Canaan around 1400BC.
The evidence that shows the truth of the description of Canaan at the time of the Judges period and the existence of Israel there at that time.
The evidence that shows the existence of Judah and Israel as a significant political power.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The evidence that shows Israel in Egypt at the time and where they should have been.
The evidence that shows that the Bible is correct about the dating of the Exodus and that fits that conquest with the archaeology of Canaan around 1400BC.
The evidence that shows the truth of the description of Canaan at the time of the Judges period and the existence of Israel there at that time.
The evidence that shows the existence of Judah and Israel as a significant political power.

The Southern Confederacy tried to legitimize their slavery practices through religion. Does the existence of the historical evidence of the Confederacy prove their religious claims?

In other words, if this archeological evidence does exist, doesn't it only prove the people writing about them alongside religious claims were simply good historians?

Brian2

Veteran Member
You can't compare apples with bananas

The Truth I spoke of was "No one has the right to critisize other's feelings or religion". Bad actions (hurting others) can be judged (no one has the right to hurt innocent people; not sure if anyone is 100% innocent though), not their feelings or Faith "an sich". To judge other's feelings is just absurd if you would do that. Easy to understand, don't you think?

Of course they have the freedom to critisize, but not the right. But most people like to indulge in judging others, hence it's best to not share my feelings or Faith etc. Better not give them the opportunity

So, I was not speaking about some high Spiritual Truth, just some Common Sense Fact, easy to understand using discrimination power and some deduction

All religions provide ways that lead to Truth

But of course some religions are no more than a scam and others are no more than the imaginings of insane but charismatic people.
Then there are those which are no more than human philosophy and those which are from the inspiration of demons.
And I'm sure there is plenty of overlap.

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
From Hindu POV, we, as humans, are not the body nor the mind. So, "who Am I ?" is the question to be examined

When solved, I can see "we are all One"
When unsolved, it's impossible to see this

From the orthodox Abrahamic religions pov we are body, mind and spirit and God is completely different to the Hindu God/s and the explanations for what is going on in life are completely different to Hinduism and usually each other to an extent. etc etc
But yes there is some truth in all religions even if some are 99.9% untrue.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The Southern Confederacy tried to legitimize their slavery practices through religion. Does the existence of the historical evidence of the Confederacy prove their religious claims?

In other words, if this archeological evidence does exist, doesn't it only prove the people writing about them alongside religious claims were simply good historians?

Yes true and the supernatural claims probably cannot be shown to be true by archaeology.
But the supernatural claims can be shown to be false by archaeology if that archaeology shows that the history is not true.
It's the same with science trying to show that the universe was not created and life came from dead matter.
If science in any of these areas succeeded then the Bible would be shown to be false.
Interestingly many people want to claim that science has shown the Bible to be false but that is a lie.