• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just saw this ridiculous commercial for the 2nd time:

AManCalledHorse

If you build it they will come
You would need to learn some basic geology. What you see there is an incised meander. First you need to know how regular meanders form. They form in relatively slow moving waters on very level ground. They do not form during floods, the run off is too quick. In fact when the southern Mississippi floods what happens is that the river overflows it banks and will at times cut across a meander reshaping the path that the river takes.

Do you need some links on this concept?

Slow moving is your evidence? You do realise islands have formed over night from earthquakes and or volcanic eruptions right?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If millions of years can cut the grand canyon, millions of years would certainly wear on a mountain.
Why? You do not appear to know how the Grand Canyon formed. Please note that not everything was removed. And the canyon is quite deep. Most of the surrounding area is fine, not affected by those millions of years. In case you did not know it the river concentrates its erosive power in one area, the river bed. The sides are relatively stable.

AManCalledHorse

It brings the genetics of the species closer in line with each other. If it was brought down to a small number like two (not to imply the flood, just using it to exaggerate the explanation) all members of the species after the event would carry the genetics of those original two of the species. So the genetic diversity of the species would not be as great.

Hope that helps.

Remind me of how great the genetic diversity of humans are.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Slow moving is your evidence? You do realise islands have formed over night from earthquakes and or volcanic eruptions right?
Nope, not overnight. You seem to have ignored the fact that those volcanic islands take many years to build up before they break the surface. You have no clue when it comes to geology. Try to learn instead of making excuses for a myth.

AManCalledHorse

Why? You do not appear to know how the Grand Canyon formed. Please note that not everything was removed. And the canyon is quite deep. Most of the surrounding area is fine, not affected by those millions of years. In case you did not know it the river concentrates its erosive power in one area, the river bed. The sides are relatively stable.

Canyons experience less extreme weather while mountains experience extreme weather which would wear on them.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Remind me of how great the genetic diversity of humans are.
Pretty high. If you took a kidney from a random stranger it would probably kill you. Cheetahs, a species that did go through a massive, not quite Noah's Ark level, population bottleneck ten thousand years ago are so closely related to each other that such a transplant would usually be accepted.

AManCalledHorse

When you just make silly excuses all I will do is to remind you that you just made a silly excuse.

That's pretty much all you do. Facts is mountains experience very extreme weather that would wear on them and after millions of years it would have great effects on the mountain.

AManCalledHorse

Pretty high. If you took a kidney from a random stranger it would probably kill you. Cheetahs, a species that did go through a massive, not quite Noah's Ark level, population bottleneck ten thousand years ago are so closely related to each other that such a transplant would usually be accepted.

Each human is unique in their own way.
Even though they are virtually the same, to put a chevy motor in a ford you have to do some modifications.
What is the DNA genetic difference in humans?

AManCalledHorse

Organs rely on blood type. A child can have a different blood type than either parent.
Example. My mother is A+. My father is O+. I'm O-. I can't even receive blood from either parent.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Organs rely on blood type. A child can have a different blood type than either parent.
Example. My mother is A+. My father is O+. I'm O-. I can't even receive blood from either parent.
Right, thank you for making my point. Humans have far more diversity than cheetahs. We did not go through a bottleneck like the cheetahs did.

The odds are that any two cheetahs that you will find will be more closely related to each other genetically than you are to your own brothers and sisters, unless you are an identical twin. Organs transplants are easy with cheetahs and very difficult for human beings:

https://phys.org/news/2015-12-genetics-african-cheetah.html

AManCalledHorse

More silly excuses. Why not try asking proper questions?

Now now, no need to break the rules here. It is not my fault that you have no knowledge in this area and have no interest in learning.

We've had this dance before and you always lost. The reason you lose is in reality you are a mirror image of a creationist.
Their goal is to try to prove god does exist and the bible isn't myth.
Your goal is to try to prove god doesn't exist and the bible is myth.
Science doesn't try to prove, disprove or care about either of your opinions.

AManCalledHorse

Right, thank you for making my point. Humans have far more diversity than cheetahs. We did not go through a bottleneck like the cheetahs did.

The odds are that any two cheetahs that you will find will be more closely related to each other genetically than you are to your own brothers and sisters, unless you are an identical twin. Organs transplants are easy with cheetahs and very difficult for human beings:

https://phys.org/news/2015-12-genetics-african-cheetah.html
You cannot show that any cheetah can accept an organ from any other cheetah without complications. Get a clue.

AManCalledHorse

Wrong again. In all of our debates I could support my claims. You could not. You tend to be incredibly ignorant in all of the sciences.

And this has nothing to do with whether god exists or not. A proper Christian should not read Genesis literally since one is claiming that God lied if they do so, even though they do not realize this.

Why do you always, and I mean always resort to personal attacks?