• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I heard that in Buddhism...

Frank Goad

that if you develop psychic powers on your path through Buddhism.And treat them like super powers it's bad.And is counter productive to Buddhism.Is that true?:)

Frank Goad

Augustine clearly recognizes the phenomenon of LD, of conscious self-awareness within sleep, and yet in his religious worldview it has a very different significance from the Hindu and Buddhist perspective. For Augustine, LD is a kind of preview of the afterlife, when the soul becomes completely separated from the body. The experience of LD confirms what Christians should already know. There is no interest here in exploring LD beyond those theological limits and probably this is why there is a lack of scientific works on these experiences in Christianity/Judaism.

I got this from the christianity part of the article.It looks like trying to induce a lucid dream on your own is frowned upon.:(

Frank Goad

I read the christian part of the article again and it says right out in this part self-induced lucid dreaming is bad.:(

The same is true of the references to dreams in the New Testament, which are fewer than in the Old Testament but convey the same basic theme of human-divine communication. In this theological context, LD appears less relevant because God’s messages can be effectively delivered in non-lucid dreams. Higher levels of consciousness within the dream state do not really matter; what matters is remembering the dream upon awakening and properly interpreting its divine significance.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I read the christian part of the article again and it says right out in this part self-induced lucid dreaming is bad.:(

The same is true of the references to dreams in the New Testament, which are fewer than in the Old Testament but convey the same basic theme of human-divine communication. In this theological context, LD appears less relevant because God’s messages can be effectively delivered in non-lucid dreams. Higher levels of consciousness within the dream state do not really matter; what matters is remembering the dream upon awakening and properly interpreting its divine significance.

You don't have to be Christian @Frank Goad , it's obvious that LD is very important to you in your Spiritual aspirations, so I would say that you should find a faith that allows for that and begin there, this will give your Soul the nourishment it is longing for. It can even incorporate Yahaweh and Jesus if you want.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
that if you develop psychic powers on your path through Buddhism.And treat them like super powers it's bad.And is counter productive to Buddhism.Is that true?:)
Where do you get this stuff from?

George Noory coast to coast?

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Siddhis are a natural part of the path, in the higher practices and for very advanced practionners.

However they are and should not be the focus or aim of the practice and path.

So in the end you shouldn't care about them actually.