• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now...

Lotus Jewel

Student of the Shakyamuni
John 16:12-14

“I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you."

=-=-=-=-=

This question is for anyone who believes in Jesus in some way or sees themselves as a follower of Jesus in some way - rather Jesus be God incarnate, the Messiah, a prophet, a good teacher, or however one sees him.

How should the above verses be interpreted? How do you understand and interpret the verses? Who is the Spirit of Truth?

Last edited:
Well, for one the MESSIAH/CHRIST is speaking regarding the HOLY SPIRIT (the third person of the TRINITY) also known as the COMFORTER. This SPIRIT revealing TRUTH will aid in the formation of the New Testament and the closing book of Revelation, and also bring to mind those things that the Apostles need to reveal to MESSIAH/CHRIST's Church.

John.16 This is Jesus speaking.​

[1] These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
[2] They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
[3] And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
[4] But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
[5] But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
[6] But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
[7] Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
[8] And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
[9] Of sin, because they believe not on me;
[10] Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
[11] Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
[12] I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
[14] He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you
[15] All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
[16] A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
[17] Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?
[18] They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.
[19] Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye inquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?
[20] Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
[21] A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
[22] And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
[23] And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
[24] Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
[25] These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
[26] At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
[29] His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
[30] Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
[31] Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
[32] Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
[33] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Lotus Jewel

Well, for one the MESSIAH/CHRIST is speaking regarding the HOLY SPIRIT (the third person of the TRINITY) also known as the COMFORTER. This SPIRIT revealing TRUTH will aid in the formation of the New Testament and the closing book of Revelation, and also bring to mind those things that the Apostles need to reveal to MESSIAH/CHRIST's Church.
I am aware that this is the orthodox interpretation of the comforter and the spirit of truth, yes. That the comforter and spirit of truth are the Holy Spirit as the third person of the Trinity.

However, there is something in the chapter that might suggest that interpretation is questionable. The chapter says that the spirit of truth will not speak of his own authority, but whatever he hears, he will speak.

If the Holy Spirit is being referenced by Jesus there, and the Holy Spirit is allegedly fully God like the Father and the Son - then it would make little sense even in an orthodox Christian context to say that the Holy Spirit wouldn't speak of its own authority, but whatever it hears.

If it is the Holy Spirit being talked about, then arguably the chapter presents the Holy Spirit as lesser and not speaking with its own authority. If it is not the Holy Spirit being talked about, then it is seemingly a person whom Jesus thought would come in the future.

Last edited:

Pete in Panama

I am aware that this is the orthodox interpretation of the comforter and the spirit of truth, yes. That the comforter and spirit of truth are the Holy Spirit as the third person of the Trinity.

However, there is something in the chapter that might suggest that interpretation is questionable. The chapter says that the spirit of truth will not speak of his own authority, but whatever he hears, he will speak.

If the Holy Spirit is being referenced by Jesus there, and the Holy Spirit is allegedly fully God like the Father and the Son - then it would make little sense even in an orthodox Christian context to say that the Holy Spirit wouldn't speak of its own authority, but whatever it hears.

If it is the Holy Spirit being talked about, then arguably the chapter presents the Holy Spirit as lesser and not speaking with its own authority. If it is not the Holy Spirit being talked about, then it is seemingly a person whom Jesus thought would come in the future.
So one idea is to say that Jesus was talking about the Holy Spirit. At the same time there is no translation of the Bible that says "...when the Holy Spirit comes...", and it's risky for us to take it upon ourselves to "improve" or "correct" the Bible. My take is that it's a fact that many good people believe the reference is to the Holy Spirit, and they may be wrong.

The good news is that there's more in the Bible that relates to the end times, and my take is that it's possible to get a handle on this stuff.

King Phenomenon

It’s the little voice in your head that will whisper the truth to you when you’re ready to hear it imo

Last edited:

Eli G

“I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you."

How should the above verses be interpreted? How do you understand and interpret the verses? Who is the Spirit of Truth?
This passage complements the one you are quoting:

John 14:15 If you love me, you will observe my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father and he will give you another helper to be with you forever, 17 the spirit of the truth, which the world cannot receive, because it neither sees it nor knows it. You know it, because it remains with you and is in you.

So, a relevant question is: why the people belonging to "the world" will never know what the spirit of truth is?

King Phenomenon

So one idea is to say that Jesus was talking about the Holy Spirit. At the same time there is no translation of the Bible that says "...when the Holy Spirit comes...", and it's risky for us to take it upon ourselves to "improve" or "correct" the Bible. My take is that it's a fact that many good people believe the reference is to the Holy Spirit, and they may be wrong.

The good news is that there's more in the Bible that relates to the end times, and my take is that it's possible to get a handle on this stuff.
Risky to improve or correct? I think interpretation of the Bible is meant for each individual imo. Who’s to say it’s correct? I think using the word risky is ridiculous imo. Existence itself is fleeting imo. God wants us to lighten up, be joyful and kind imo. Nothing more. It’s that simple imo.

The Bible’s a book of comfort imo. If it stops bringing one comfort I think it’s time to get rid of it imo.

I haven’t read the Bible in almost 20 years. It’s a cool book. It’s taught me nothing about spiritual truths though. That I had to figure out myself. I do think it helped aid me in my spiritual road though. Just in that it helped keep my interest in spiritual stuff.

PureX

Veteran Member

=-=-=-=-=

This question is for anyone who believes in Jesus in some way or sees themselves as a follower of Jesus in some way - rather Jesus be God incarnate, the Messiah, a prophet, a good teacher, or however one sees him.

As my old Dad would say; "You talk like a big fat-man!". That's what that verse makes me think of.

amazing grace

=-=-=-=-=

Maybe the question should be "What is the Spirit of truth?"
I believe these verses are a personification of the gift of holy spirit that was poured out on the day of Pentecost.

In John 14:16 Jesus speaks about asking the Father and the Father will give another Helper (Comforter, Advocate) and it dwelled with them and shall be in them. . . in v25 Jesus says that if anyone loves me, he will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him then in v26 he says, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, who the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."

John 15:26 But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.
John 16:7, 13 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. . . . When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
This "gift of holy spirit" was not given until Jesus was glorified: John 7:38,39 Whoever believes in me as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.' Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

In Luke 24:49 Jesus tells the apostles: . . . . And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high . . . Acts 1:4 And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father which he said 'you have heard from me, for John truly baptized with water but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now'.

Acts 2:33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. . . . v38 And Peter said to them "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you will receive the gift of the holy spirit."

Not being a Trinitarian the above is what I believe the "Spirit of truth" to be the gift poured out by Jesus on the day of Pentecost to empower us to speak the gospel, to reconcile others to God, to bring things to our remembrance, etc.

Brickjectivity

Brick Block
Staff member
Premium Member

=-=-=-=-=

Chapter 16 is part of the house that the gospel builds starting in chapters 1-3. The first three chapters establish that the Logos is something hidden in God. Within that Logos is life which comes down in the form of light. That light is part of the creation of a new era. The form of that light is Jesus ministry, and as Jesus explains in chapter 3 those who are evil run from it but those who are good enter into it. He uses the imagery from Genesis 1 where light and darkness are separated.

So you ask about chapter 16 and about those things we cannot accept, yet. These are things hidden in the Logos, but they come down like the light of creation. These are the issues that Jesus has come to address, some of which he will address directly but some of which will only be understood later when he has left. Some people run away from Jesus words, and some are drawn to them; but sometimes like light its just too bright and too early. Change can be very difficult even for those drawn to Jesus words or to those drawn to the daylight. Just as there are seven days of creation, everything cannot happen all at once. Change is required. There must be time for creation to be complete, although I think we are pushing the edges of Jesus analogy; so let us not hope there are nights and days. Nights would be bad. The running away from light and the attraction to light are allusions to the principle of separation/holiness. This is not the kind of holiness as you think of it in other religions such as in religions with gurus or magical spaces or emotional wow. It is separation, distinction and a requirement to convert into a better being. Jesus is using the image of kosher and unkosher animals: there are creatures which live and hunt in the dark, there are those which wake up during the day and prefer the day. The two do not mate or play or rest together. He is saying that some people will not accept his ideas, yet and some may never. Some will over time accept his ideas. He's also saying that not everything will be explained by him. Rather he refuses to explain everything.

Well, Jesus clearly said that HE can do nothing by HIMSELF and so too this would seem the position of the HOLY SPIRIT. Christ and the HOLY SPIRIT work in unison with the FATHER who apparently directs events. They do not work independently but together as ONE GOD.
John 5:17-38

17Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working."18For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.19Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.20For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.21For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.22Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,23that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.24"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.25I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.26For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself.27And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.28"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice29and come out--those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.30By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.31"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.32There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is valid.33"You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth.34Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved.35John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.36"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me.37And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form,38nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.

Lotus Jewel

So one idea is to say that Jesus was talking about the Holy Spirit. At the same time there is no translation of the Bible that says "...when the Holy Spirit comes..."
That is how it seems to me too, and further, there are other things in the verses that make a Trinitarian interpretation at least up for debate.
and it's risky for us to take it upon ourselves to "improve" or "correct" the Bible.
Couldn't most anyone be interpreted as attempting to improve or correct the Bible from the perspective of a strict Biblicist with a very rigid insistence on their own interpretation as the right one?

Lotus Jewel

This passage complements the one you are quoting:

John 14:15 If you love me, you will observe my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father and he will give you another helper to be with you forever, 17 the spirit of the truth, which the world cannot receive, because it neither sees it nor knows it. You know it, because it remains with you and is in you.
I'm not so sure that the two chapters are talking about the same thing. Chapter 16 says that the one who will come won't speak on their own authority but will only speak what they hear.

The Trinitarian perspective is that the Holy Spirit is fully God and has all the authority of God. Is that not so?

Lotus Jewel

Maybe the question should be "What is the Spirit of truth?"
I believe these verses are a personification of the gift of holy spirit that was poured out on the day of Pentecost.

In John 14:16 Jesus speaks about asking the Father and the Father will give another Helper (Comforter, Advocate) and it dwelled with them and shall be in them. . . in v25 Jesus says that if anyone loves me, he will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him then in v26 he says, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, who the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."

John 15:26 But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.
John 16:7, 13 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. . . . When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
This "gift of holy spirit" was not given until Jesus was glorified: John 7:38,39 Whoever believes in me as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.' Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

In Luke 24:49 Jesus tells the apostles: . . . . And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high . . . Acts 1:4 And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father which he said 'you have heard from me, for John truly baptized with water but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now'.

Acts 2:33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. . . . v38 And Peter said to them "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you will receive the gift of the holy spirit."

Not being a Trinitarian the above is what I believe the "Spirit of truth" to be the gift poured out by Jesus on the day of Pentecost to empower us to speak the gospel, to reconcile others to God, to bring things to our remembrance, etc.
I find your view of the Holy Spirit to at least be consistent with John 16 saying that the 'Spirit of Truth' would speak as it hears, and not of its own authority.

Supposing John 16 is about the Holy Spirit, your understanding of the Holy Spirit as a subordinate force avoids confusion that the language used in the passage might create if the Holy Spirit is a third person of God.

Lotus Jewel

Perhaps this should be moved to the Same Faith Debates forum.

Perhaps it should be. I hadn't intended the question for only Christians, as Muslims and others might also believe in Jesus.

I guess it is to be expected that it would be largely Christians who would answer...

I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Same Faith Debates category or not.

Last edited:

Lotus Jewel

Well, Jesus clearly said that HE can do nothing by HIMSELF and so too this would seem the position of the HOLY SPIRIT. Christ and the HOLY SPIRIT work in unison with the FATHER who apparently directs events. They do not work independently but together as ONE GOD.
John 5:17-38
I'd like to ask you a question for further clarification about your position, but first I'll give my reply.

I think that the idea that any of the persons of God wouldn't have authority of themselves, but only when they were acting collectively, would be to suggest that the Trinity is actually three separate persons. I know that there are Trinitarians of that view. I don't know if you identify as one of them or not, so I guess you've given me two questions about your perspective.

First question: Do you believe that the persons of the Trinity are separate and distinct personalities who sometimes act on their own to an extent?

Second question: Do you believe that God the Father can act of his own authority, without acting in unison with the Son and the Holy Spirit?

Last edited:
I'd like to ask you a question for further clarification about your position, but first I'll give my reply.

I think that the idea that any of the persons of God wouldn't have authority of themselves, but only when they were acting collectively, would be to suggest that the Trinity is actually three separate persons. I know that there are Trinitarians of that view. I don't know if you identify as one of them or not, so I guess you've given me two questions about your perspective.

First question: Do you believe that the persons of the Trinity are separate and distinct personalities who sometimes act on their own to an extent?

Second question: Do you believe that God the Father can act of his own authority, without acting in unison with the Son and the Holy Spirit?
1) I'm of the conviction that the FATHER, SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT are three distinct persons who collectively are ONE ESSENCE that is revealed as ONE GOD. They never act of their own volition.

2) I believe that there were things that the FATHER was aware of, yet apparently was unknown to Jesus. An example of this is when Jesus apparently didn't know when He'd return. There were times when Jesus publicly manifested His divine knowledge and power on earth (John 2:25; 11:43-44). On such occasions, Jesus’ demonstrations of His divinity were directed by the Father. On other occasions, He had no such directive from the Father, and He kept His glory veiled. On every occasion, Jesus obeyed the Father’s will: “I always do what pleases him,” He said (John 8:29).

When Jesus said He did not know when He'd return, He was actively humbling Himself and taking the form of a servant (see Philippians 2:7–8). Since no other mortal knows the time of Jesus’ return—that information is the Father’s alone (Matthew 24:36)—Jesus voluntarily restricted His knowledge on that point. It was part of Jesus’ submission to the Father (see John 5:30; 6:38; 8:28-29) and His mission to live a human life.

Some things Jesus apparently chose to “give up the rights” to be privy to during His earthly ministry. The knowledge of when He would return was one of those things. Jesus, now exalted in heaven, knows everything, including the timing of His second coming.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

I believe this is Jesus saying that He has many things He would like to say but those to whom He was speaking could not bear to hear what He had to say at that time, because they were not yet ready to hear it, because they could not understand it at that time. Then Jesus said that when the Spirit of Truth comes, He would reveal those “many things.”

"He" is obviously a Person, a Person who would bring the Holy Spirit, just as Jesus had done. A Holy Spirit that is not associated with a Person could not do what Jesus had promised in those verses.

I believe that the Spirit of truth is the same Person as the Comforter.
Jesus was “a Comforter” and the Spirit of truth who would come in the future is “another Comforter.”

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Most Christians believe that the Spirit of truth was the Holy Spirit that was sent on the day of Pentecost, since that is a church teaching.
I agree that the Holy Spirit that was sent at Pentecost.

Acts 2 King James Version (KJV)
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

But I believe that the Holy Spirit was sent again in the last days that we are now living in. In that same chapter in which we find the Pentecost account, we have (Acts 2:17-21) showing that God would once again pour out His Spirit upon all flesh:

Acts 2:17-21 was spoken by the prophet Joel, and it was a prophecy that referred to the last days, the days when Christ would return.

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Acts 2:17-21And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:17-21 is a prophecy and it has been fulfilled by the coming of the Spirit of truth, who I believe was Baha’u’llah.

All these wonders in the heavens and signs on the earth happened before Baha’u’llah appeared, and thus He fulfilled the prophecies for Spirit of truth, who was the Return of Christ.

Revelation 6:12-14 I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood; and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.…

These prophecies have already been fulfilled in the exact order predicted.

1. The Lisbon earthquake, 1755. 1755 Lisbon earthquake
2. The Dark Day, 1780. New England's Dark Day
3. The Falling Stars, 1833. The Falling of the Stars