• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have desided to get the Covid vaccine

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do they provide the option for getting tested regularly for those who are scared of vaccines? I think that would be wiser, but still everyone should get vaccinated.
I am tested mostly every week, either with home tests or at doctors Office.

And yes I did get covid a few weeks ago, as I did in one of the first weeks Covid come to Norways 2 years ago.
First time i had breathing problem for 3 weeks ( not hospitalized)

Last time i had only a mild flu symptom
I was quarantined 10 days. This last time. I had tracked my movements every step, every day and no other person was infected of Covid by me before I went in to home quarantine.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I am not afraid of dying. I am also not at risk since I am completely secluded. Do you understand that?
You were afraid of dying not long ago. What happened? You were afraid of the unknown of what the experience would be in the next world, as I recall.

I am pretty darn secluded myself. I sometimes go to appointments, doctors or other appointments, or eat out. By the way, we haven't gotten our 3rd booster shots, though we were eligible in early October. We haven't gotten around to that.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
By the way, the projections for Covid 19 for the future have been delayed because IHME which I have been following are trying to incorporate the data from Omicron strain. They were normally due to have a update on December 1st, but have no update yet. But the incidence of Covid19 is going up it seems. It happens in the winter when people are cooped up. In most US states it has been going up. Not much Omicron detected in the US last I knew, but it is growing rapidly in Britain.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
By the way, the projections for Covid 19 for the future have been delayed because IHME which I have been following are trying to incorporate the data from Omicron strain. They were normally due to have a update on December 1st, but have no update yet. But the incidence of Covid19 is going up it seems. It happens in the winter when people are cooped up. In most US states it has been going up. Not much Omicron detected in the US last I knew, but it is growing rapidly in Britain.
Covid related sickness is rising again in Norway too, and it is due to people stopped using facemasks, they think the vaccine make them immune, it doesn’t
So I say wear mask at all times outside of your own home.
But even that is not always enough to protect from the covid.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You were afraid of dying not long ago. What happened? You were afraid of the unknown of what the experience would be in the next world, as I recall.
There is a difference between not wanting to go to the next world because it is unknown and being afraid of dying.
I am just as afraid of living as I am of dying, for different reasons.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I have to wonder. This choice vs vaccine debate we’re having. Did it occur back when they were trying to get Tuberculoses (TB) under control via vaccination?

I often wonder if the conversation would be different if it was something that included symptoms more gruesome than the cold and flu-like symptoms we've become accustomed to, like if ebola was more infectious and airborne.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I often wonder if the conversation would be different if it was something that included symptoms more gruesome than the cold and flu-like symptoms we've become accustomed to, like if ebola was more infectious and airborne.
People would still push others to get vaccinated no matter what the illness was.

Doing something because of preassure is not the right way to do it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes. Because their lives may depend on it.

Then you are an anarchist and believe we should abolish laws and other societal expectations?
No, I just say i want to know what I put in my body. And even i will take the vaccine, it is not on a free will. I am being pushed by the governmental system.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
No, I just say i want to know what I put in my body. And even i will take the vaccine, it is not on a free will. I am being pushed by the governmental system.

Here are the ingredients and purposes for the Moderna vaccine:

Information about the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine

I am glad you are working with your doctor on options for the vaccine, given a family history of adverse reactions and the risk to everyone for catching this thing. I realize my last post had a flippant tone, but I do think you are making wise choices even if based on social and government pressure.

I do think there's importance in community efforts to mitigate risks to itself, and where people absolutely have a right to medical decisions for their body, so does a community have the right to pressure decisions when those choices may determine another's health risk. Especially in an environment where misinformation and pressure towards not choosing a particular option are prevalent.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Here are the ingredients and purposes for the Moderna vaccine:

Information about the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine

I am glad you are working with your doctor on options for the vaccine, given a family history of adverse reactions and the risk to everyone for catching this thing. I realize my last post had a flippant tone, but I do think you are making wise choices even if based on social and government pressure.

I do think there's importance in community efforts to mitigate risks to itself, and where people absolutely have a right to medical decisions for their body, so does a community have the right to pressure decisions when those choices may determine another's health risk. Especially in an environment where misinformation and pressure towards not choosing a particular option are prevalent.
I do not believe in pressure and commanding people to go against their wish.

People who want the vaccine is welcome to take it of course, but it will not stop the spreading of covid. Only reduce the symptoms