• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't believe thee is any way to replace assembly. Sure we have Facebook and phones and email and even Skype but it isn't the same as having the person present. I feel that with my daughter who lives in a far away state who I get to talk to on Facebook but I still miss having her in my presence. It is love that makes me feel that way and so it should be with Christians. If one truly loves then one wants to be with the one he loves.

I John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

I John 3:18 My Little children, let us not love in word, neither with the tongue; but in deed and truth.
I think that if Hebrews 10:25 means do not forsake gathering together to make the body of the Christ complete, it wouldn't lessen God's will to also gather together physically. If the writer meant one thing, but you make it mean another thing, then you do not gather with the writer about it. You will have forsaken him, in that instance.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A faithful person need not be admonished to not forsake gathering together physically. If anyone would forsake gathering together physically on purpose, how can he possibly be considered faithful?

But it is very easy to settle on less than the best. So; Hebrews 10:25

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hebrews 10

1 make perfect those who draw near to worship.....5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me...7.I have come to do your will, ......10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

I think that is another mistake. It should say that we are being made holy.

......19Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching. 26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

The whole chapter is about being one with God and then they make verse 25 about accepting each other to meet with THEM.

Hebrews is about meeting with GOD. Habakkuk 1:13

1 Corinthians 12:13 Galatians 3:28

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tell me please?

You say someone wrote that I am not to forsake gathering together with others (it does not say who) but the same book says this also.

2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

So, if someone really did say do not forsake gathering together to church, you would have to EACH DAY forsake it. Does that sound correct to YOU?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I shall explain. If Hebrews 10:25 says that I am not to forsake gathering together to church and if it is true that a believer is being made anew each day, then every day you would need to renew your personal vow to refuse meeting with other believers. Not to mention that a vow is swearing, something we should not do.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is how the writer of Hebrews 10:25 sees you. He sees you control people by twisting the meaning of his words. You are tempting him to forsake gathering to you. But, do not worry about him. He is dead. I would worry about meeting him later, if I was you.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that it is alright to call the Bible The Word of God and it is alright to interpret it any which way you want.

Is it acceptable to do both? I am sure it is not.....but that is what people are doing. It reminds me of when someone said, "God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways". Genesis 6:12

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Exodus 20:16

NWT 16 “You must not testify falsely when you are a witness against your fellow man.+

לֹֽא־
תַעֲנֶ֥הבְרֵעֲךָ֖עֵ֥דשָֽׁקֶר׃ס

How about?

Do not be deceived by your neighbor either for good or bad.

They took out good. And as we look around us we can surely see the result of that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Might I elaborate? The commandment that you not bear good or bad witness of your neighbor makes sense. How many times have we heard in the news of someone breaking out in terrible violence and the people that know him have said, "he was such a nice person". See? Do you see how some people hide whether they are for good or for bad and people judge someone who is for good for bad and one who is for bad for good? Come on people!

Exodus 20:16 Do not judge your neighbor either good or bad because you do not KNOW.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How did the proverbial Hitler receive power? People thought he was good for them. Can I please rest my case? HELLO?

CHRISTIANS thought he was good for them. Please wake up.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
People say, "God would not do that!"; "God makes certain that God's word is not made crooked"; "God is on my side to save me"; "God will do what I believe God will do". Are beliefs such as those not making yourself God? 2 Thessalonians 2:4

Heads up! "A" is added.

So, no longer does it say, "the opposing and exalting self over every word god than object of worship therefor him in the temple of God to sit down setting forth himself that he is God.

To know what God has done, is doing and will do IS TO BE GOD. But.....that is what they teach the unwary. THEY KNOW.

Forget keep seeking, they say, we KNOW. Only do what WE say, and God will save you, because we know what God will do.

Knowing what God will do is being God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
On the other hand, to be figuring out what equals what is HUMAN. I have found no humans yet. Maybe one. Hi lady!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A question. Can I hear you?

Last time God saw the way of the offspring of Adam was ruined, rain came to sweep them all away.
What is coming this time? I don't know.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
SIGH. They are NOT my brothers. (that means it is ok to sigh.)

The key word at Exodus 20:16 is BEAR. THEY say it means do not speak falsely against your fellowman.

But it means, A primitive root; properly, to eye or (generally) to heed, i.e. Pay attention; by implication, to respond; by extens. To begin to speak;
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/6030.htm

Do not trust what you see in your neighbor for good or for bad.

It isn't about being called to testify for or against anyone. It means do not settle in your heart what your neighbor is.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Exodus 20:16 Do not draw a false picture of your neighbor

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it not possible that the whole Earth is wrong about one of the ten commandments?

1 John 5:19
Romans 3:10-12
Psalms 53:1-2

Does the Bible say, "the wicked one says there is no God"? Or does it say, "the fool thinks there is no God in his heart"?

Jeremiah 31:33
2 Corinthians 3:3
1 Thessalonians 4:9
Hebrews 8:10
1 Kings 8:58
Psalms 37:31
Psalms 40:8
Jeremiah 24:7

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am going to pretend there is someone to explain it to.

The Ten Commandments

• You Shall Have No Other Gods Before Me
  • You Shall Not Take The Name Of The Lord Your God In Vain
  • Remember The Sabbath Day, To Keep It Holy
  • Honor Your Father And Your Mother
  • You Shall Not Murder
  • You Shall Not Commit Adultery
  • You Shall Not Steal
  • You Shall Not Bear False Witness Against Your Neighbor
  • You Shall Not Covet
It is child's play.

Which one isn't like the others?

1-7 and 9 are you alone. Number 8 requires a third party.

Maybe it is more than child's play. 1 -7 and 9 are commands for you to behave decently with God or another person.
Number 8 needs you, the one you might tell a lie about and one to listen to your lie. Can you see 8 needs a third party? Do any of the others?

But if it means what I say it might mean, no third party necessary.