• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Baha'u'llah.

"Say, O followers of the Son! Have ye shut out yourselves from Me by reason of My Name?
I know about Baha'i just from this forum. I think I can say that Baha'u'llah is an enlightened one, but by no means do I think he is Christ. I believe what is written at 1 Corinthians 8:6.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I know about Baha'i just from this forum. I think I can say that Baha'u'llah is an enlightened one, but by no means do I think he is Christ. I believe what is written at 1 Corinthians 8:6.

That's what I thought at first.

But you seem like a sincere Christian and I hope you have a nice Christmas and many thanks for being open minded and fair.

I just subscribed to an E Christmas Card website. If you PM me your email I would like to send you a Xmas card.

_nameX

This is fun!

It is written Jesus says, "get away from me".

Why does he say that?

Depart is a verb and away is a place. What will he tell them?

Matthew 7:22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Matthew 7:22-23
What he is saying, is that they who claimed to have done these things, did so not by the power of the Holy Spirit, but of the beast.
To practice Lawlessness is to walk away from the word of god, BY YOUR ACTIONS AND THOUGHTS. To forsake the lords salvation, which we must receive. To receive this we must abandon the world(worldly pleasure,sin, not say be perfect). We must do certain things, each pertaining to us. Instead somehow the world becomes more desirable than receiving Christ.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What he is saying, is that they who claimed to have done these things, did so not by the power of the Holy Spirit, but of the beast.
To practice Lawlessness is to walk away from the word of god, BY YOUR ACTIONS AND THOUGHTS. To forsake the lords salvation, which we must receive. To receive this we must abandon the world(worldly pleasure,sin, not say be perfect). We must do certain things, each pertaining to us. Instead somehow the world becomes more desirable than receiving Christ.
If it is true that Christ ever tells anyone to get away from him I understand why he might say that, but thanks for trying.

I believe what the writer wrote is that people will become aware of the fact that they live their lives away from Christ instead of with him and for the Kingdom of God. They lean (or rest) on wrong understanding even though it is written that a person is to trust in the Lord with ALL his heart and on understanding do not lean. He is warning them that good intention can be considered lawless because it is disobedient to the will of God even if people consider the acts righteous.

Lawlessness can appear righteous. With Christ, the person is made aware of that.

_nameX

If it is true that Christ ever tells anyone to get away from him I understand why he might say that, but thanks for trying.

I believe what the writer wrote is that people will become aware of the fact that they live their lives away from Christ instead of with him and for the Kingdom of God. They lean (or rest) on wrong understanding even though it is written that a person is to trust in the Lord with ALL his heart and on understanding do not lean. He is warning them that good intention can be considered lawless because it is disobedient to the will of God even if people consider the acts righteous.

Lawlessness can appear righteous. With Christ, the person is made aware of that.
Nice

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God knows that people take what is written and consider that it applies to a certain time and circumstance that they decide on. They call him "lord" but they decide what is righteous and what is lawless. Therefore, they do all their good works AWAY from The Lord.

djhwoodwerks

Matthew 7:22 (ESV Strong's) 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’

How could they have been casting out demons in the power of the beast? Jesus said,

Matthew 12:26 (ESV Strong's) 26 And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If a person is able to receive God's blessing of everlasting life only if he or she learns to be worthy, and the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses teach you that you are not worthy, then what?

whirlingmerc

If a person is able to receive God's blessing of everlasting life only if he or she learns to be worthy, and the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses teach you that you are not worthy, then what?
Only Jesus is worthy in a sense. Believes should respond to his grace. And walk in that grace. And be changed by it. In the end it's still grace

But I am not a Jehovah's Witness and don't speak for them

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Only Jesus is worthy in a sense. Believes should respond to his grace. And walk in that grace. And be changed by it. In the end it's still grace

But I am not a Jehovah's Witness and don't speak for them
Average Jehovah's Witnesses are told that they are not to share in the Lord's Memorial Meal.
The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses say that they alone are worthy.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is written that Jesus said if you obey what he commands it means that you love him.
Can a person respond to his grace and NOT love him?
I do not think so.
If someone were to change what Jesus commanded to their own opinion, is that keeping his commands?

whirlingmerc

It is written that Jesus said if you obey what he commands it means that you love him.
Can a person respond to his grace and NOT love him?
I do not think so.
If someone were to change what Jesus commanded to their own opinion, is that keeping his commands?
Love is a fruit of grace. Love of true. And yes obedidience to his commands. Although both imperfect.