• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

djhwoodwerks

The words of the Bible are words someone else heard. Correct? What is written about leaning on the understanding of others?

I think they need the right words for understanding. A library might help.
I have seen so many people leave God's words because they do not make sense. Now we have hundreds of years of research on the internet for mostly free so that what was made crooked can now be made straight.

This is why it is hard to understand what you say or take you as having knowledge that no one else has, you said,

"The words of the Bible are words someone else heard. Correct? What is written about leaning on the understanding of others?"

then you said,

"Now we have hundreds of years of research on the internet for mostly free so that what was made crooked can now be made straight."

You are telling me that the Bible is fallible because they are the words someone else heard, and not to lean on the understanding of others. Then you say that I should search the internet and lean on the understanding of others, not the writers of the Bible, but men that have their own idea of what the Bible says.

According to YOU, we are not to lean on the understanding of the people who wrote the Bible, but on the people who have interpreted it the way they understand it?

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

The fact that people are ok with a forgery is proof that most people do not really care about the real truth.

The fact that you claim Jesus gave you the real truth, and you refuse to rewrite the Bible so we can all have it, is proof you don't really care for anyone!

djhwoodwerks

I am not aware that Jesus would tell me what to write. I love to think that Jesus is with me. I do not want to do anything that might cause him to leave me. He has not commanded that I write a book.

He tells you what He "really" meant by what He said, doesn't He?

I guess the real truth is just between you and Him then huh?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is why it is hard to understand what you say or take you as having knowledge that no one else has, you said,

"The words of the Bible are words someone else heard. Correct? What is written about leaning on the understanding of others?"

then you said,

"Now we have hundreds of years of research on the internet for mostly free so that what was made crooked can now be made straight."

You are telling me that the Bible is fallible because they are the words someone else heard, and not to lean on the understanding of others. Then you say that I should search the internet and lean on the understanding of others, not the writers of the Bible, but men that have their own idea of what the Bible says.

According to YOU, we are not to lean on the understanding of the people who wrote the Bible, but on the people who have interpreted it the way they understand it?
Research isn't about leaning on the understanding of others. It is about accepting another's discovery. It is about reason and proof.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The fact that you claim Jesus gave you the real truth, and you refuse to rewrite the Bible so we can all have it, is proof you don't really care for anyone!
That is correct. I care about my family and my friends but they are not interesting in Jesus.
I care about those who wrote the Bible. They are dead. Or.....are they? :D

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He tells you what He "really" meant by what He said, doesn't He?

I guess the real truth is just between you and Him then huh?
Nope! I have posted it here. Come on! Keep up!
I have posted them on my blog too. How does it feel to be wrong? I want to give you a great big hug for being stupid at me.

I also posted on another forum but I was removed and all my posts were removed with me.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Once people get the idea that people are putting all their faith in a forgery there will be a flood of corrections. I probably won't see it, as I am 60, but it is inevitable.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So faith and the Bible isn't enough, we need the understanding of others?
No. Words have meaning. The meaning was discerned by much study. Words can mean many things. Some words do not translate from language to language. There are cross references. These exist IN the works themselves. That is why you will need the internet because it would take many lifetimes for the average working person to do the work without it.

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

Research isn't about leaning on the understanding of others. It is about accepting another's discovery. It is about reason and proof.

Come on now, what is the difference in your statement? That is 'witness' double talk right there!

If you "accept anothers discovery" you are "leaning on their understanding"

You just can't let go of the cults way of reasoning, can you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Come on now, what is the difference in your statement? That is 'witness' double talk right there!

If you "accept anothers discovery" you are "leaning on their understanding"

You just can't let go of the cults way of reasoning, can you?
What? Understand - discern the intended meaning.
That is done by COMPARING many, many works with the same word. It isn't about guessing. OK? Some guessing is involved that is why study is needed.
I am talking about the works of scholars who ARE NOT RELIGIOUS with an agenda.
Religion looks for what they want to see. People who love wisdom look for it despite anything else.

djhwoodwerks

Once people get the idea that people are putting all their faith in a forgery there will be a flood of corrections. I probably won't see it, as I am 60, but it is inevitable.

I see, so everyone who ever lived, from the death of the last apostle until you, have all believed in a forgery?

djhwoodwerks

What? Understand - discern the intended meaning.
That is done by COMPARING many, many works with the same word. It isn't about guessing. OK? Some guessing is involved that is why study is needed.

You say we are "not to lean on the understanding of others", but we should research what others say about what the Bible says and "accept their discovery"!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see, so everyone who ever lived, from the death of the last apostle until you, have all believed in a forgery?
Jesus did not believe in the Jewish forgery. Read him again with the idea that error had already crept into the books of the wisdom of God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You say we are "not to lean on the understanding of others", but we should research what others say about what the Bible says and "accept their discovery"!
NO! The Spirit will tell you what to accept and what to reject. The spirit needs a will to work on. But see, the reason for seeking is paramount. Isn't it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But He can't do that with just the Bible huh?
I don't understand this question.

There is a difference between listening and leaning. Leaning means to be inclined which means to be willing or favorably disposed to.

It is ok to listen to reason to be learning something new. It is not ok to adopt human reason to settle on it.

There is just one right foundation, Christ. But leaning means resting on understanding that is human. I do not rest. KEEP asking KEEP seeking. To settle means to stop seeking.

There is only ONE who a believer should be willing and favorably disposed to. GOD.

Last edited: